Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256 - page 16. (Read 148371 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i dont hold it dearly that you construe your failure to understand what i wrote correctly into "its like speaking to a wall you", but i don't really care much. i also don't care much for your suggestions what i should or should not do, all your suggestions so far only lead me to lose money. the last thing i know of your homepage is it was taken offline since you abandoned the project when edie jumped off board (while i never heard any official statement of her that she ever was on board), and you can be sure i won't check every few minutes if its online again and if theres new content. i guess its alright, i got everything i needed to know from you now. it wasn't really that hard to answer the question.

to sum up what happened the last days for those who missed it (some asked already):

1) takeicoin project got a message of brad takei asking for not beeing affiliated with it and 5 minutes later of edie windsor lawyers wanting edie removed from the website - takeicoin immediately shuts down takeicoin twitter and the website

2) 4 hours later takeicoin tells people in the forum what happened, after i asked him to do so in IRC. he claims the takeicoin project is over and apologizes for everyone who lost money. he claims he lost money too.

3) a few hours later he claims someone wants to buy the coin and rebrand it, and makes consecutive statements about selling the coin to someone who wants to rebrand it

4) a little later he claims he wants to help the new buyers with the rebranding

5) some days later he claims he will rebrand the coin anyway "if the buyer doesn't follow through", with his own and bigger team

6) a little later after i asked him he claims the buyer didn't buy it and now he rebrands it himself with a great team and everything will be perfect

i can just say good luck with the project, i like the idea behind it, it's just not thought through well, and not prepared at all. takeicoin was launched without any preparation and endorsement of takei, and now there is a rebrand that was just thought of while the owner actually wanted to sell the coin to someone - so just a quick rush without any professional business plan or whatever. i guess the "new team" consists of the few big bagholders of takei who try to promote this coin now so they can dump their holdings sometime in the future at a smaller loss. im not saying this because im angry or anything, im just saying this because it seems very obvious to me, and i don't like to see other people lose money. don't take this personal.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Awesome beginner's guide added to Project TAK homepage http://www.projecttak.com/beginner/

A really nice guide for first time crypto users.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
[...]
So basically what you're saying is the idea that someone is preparing ahead of time is confusing to you? We were trying to sell it to a forum member as is obvious by his posts. In the meantime I reached out to my contacts who had expressed interest and told them that if it doesn't go through we will continue with the coin.

The purchase didn't go through, therefore we are continuing with the coin as opposed to letting it die.

Again, not confusing.

i never claimed anything is confusing, please work on your reading comprehension. i never claimed preparing ahead of time is confusing (your reading comprehension is really horrible), quite on the contrary - on IRC i personally told you i was not extremely fond of the fact that you hardly prepared before you launched the takeicoin-project.

the rest of your post you basically just repeat what i wrote before: you had 2 things going on at the same time:

A) selling the coin
and
B) rebranding the coin yourself with a bigger team

option A was your preferred choice, since you said yourself you only go through with option B if the buyer isn't following through. so one can only assume there is not much enthusiasm behind option B.

if you are really honest about this rebrand now, try to answer the very simply question i asked (for the third time now): what bigger team? and please try not to deviate again by insinuating anything is confusing to me, i just claimed its a little ridiculous what happened after you officially announced the closure of the takeicoin project a few days ago. ridiculous is not the same as confusing in my dictionary. your deviations are also ridiculous for example.

btw i also predicted that the buyer isn't someone with honest intentions, but someone who tried to pump the value of takeicoin to sell his holdings (it was quite obvious when i saw his post from a week ago "takeicoin? more like take my coin -.-" ). i think its quite naive from you to still think he was honest about it. but that's none of my business.

i don't even suggest you willfully deceit people and scam them or anything, at most i am claiming, that because of your naivety and incompetence people who believed in you have lost money. i am holding no grudge against you. i just want to clear things up, and i am a little sceptical about this rebrand. since me and some others already lost money for supporting this coin, i don't want anyone else to lose anymore money with a "good cause coin"-project. if you cannot deliver any facts but just empty promises, i want to point this out, so other people aren't mislead.

Activity: 238
Website is now up at http://www.projecttak.com/

ANN main post now edited with new information.

Are you going to keep this logo?
Website is now up at http://www.projecttak.com/

ANN main post now edited with new information.
CYA TAKEICOIN. Hello TAKcoin. The TAK project is here and it has a mission.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TAKcoin/
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Activity: 124
Merit: 251
No sir, the $10,000 initially listed is not from the TAK, the TAK will be added to the donation. We will have a quote from the CEO of the organization shortly.

The first $10,000, which has already been raised, will be donated on behalf of Edie Windsor's historic victory for same sex marriage to The Long Island Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Services Network, an association of five non-profit organizations that work to eradicate homophobia, provide a home and a safe space for Long Island's GLBT community and advocate for equality.
With this next generation fundraising, on top of the $10,000 being donated, in a matter of one week the group has already raised more than 150,000 TakeiCoin from its users. These coins could potentially be worth $1000 all the way up to $150,000, or more, and they're all being donated as well. “This is our proof of concept” said Schneider. “If we can do all of this within a week, there’s no limit as to what we can do moving forward.”

Where is the $10,000 coming from then?
An interesting observation:

The TakeiCoin founders setup the charity fund in order to make donations. I'd like to state a couple facts:

1. The charity fund has currently received 198,829 TAK coins. See here: http://altexplorer.net/address/TL95WwokfV9kCYVq9Sz3UfTXRRsPnGmhUD
2. The TAK founders put out a press release stating they would donate a minimum of $10,000 to the Long Island GLBT Services Network. This entity was selected as the first to receive a donation from this fund.

I'd like to try and figure out how the number of $10,000 was reached. By stating their source of money (the fund) and the total USD amount in the press release (10,000), this implies that $10,000 USD is equal to 198k TAK.

10,000 / 198,829 = 0.05029447414613. This means 1 TAK coin is equal to ~$0.05.

Someone please show me where an individual would be willing to trade/pay at that rate.

No sir, the $10,000 initially listed is not from the TAK, the TAK will be added to the donation. We will have a quote from the CEO of the organization shortly.
Activity: 124
Merit: 251
An interesting observation:

The TakeiCoin founders setup the charity fund in order to make donations. I'd like to state a couple facts:

1. The charity fund has currently received 198,829 TAK coins. The current balance is slightly less. See here: http://altexplorer.net/address/TL95WwokfV9kCYVq9Sz3UfTXRRsPnGmhUD
2. The TAK founders put out a press release stating they would donate a minimum of $10,000 to the Long Island GLBT Services Network. This entity was selected as the first to receive a donation from this fund.

I'd like to try and figure out how the number of $10,000 was reached. By stating their source of money (the fund) and the total USD amount in the press release (10,000), this implies that $10,000 USD is equal to about 198k TAK. (In the best case scenario)

10,000 / 198,829 = 0.05029447414613. This means 1 TAK coin is equal to ~$0.05.

Someone please show me where an individual or exchange would be willing to trade/pay at that rate.
Friend replicated it as well, exact same results as I'm having..

Couldn't it be some kind of bug inside the wallet? Not being able to store it elsewhere is a big risk for the current environment I'm in...

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?

Block explorer is still around. It will be linked again once we have the new site up. Should be today or tomorrow!

On the note of the wallet let me see what I can do. Our coders had issue identifying the problem but i'll copy all of this to them and see if we can get some answers. I'll keep you all updated.
Awesome, thank you! Will keep checking back for a reply.

A little update on this. We believe we have found an issue and will work to fix it this weekend. Thank you for letting us know this is in fact widespread guys. We'll get back to you on any word from wallet devs.
Great, looking forward to the fix! Smiley If that indeed fixes the issue, would you mind sharing what the issue exactly was? As there's a wallet from another coin that's having the same issue as well, would be great to pass it onto them with all credits going to TAK ofcourse! Cheesy

I'm at work right now but i'll check in on this when I get home.
[...]
funny thing is while the crash happened in IRC there were 2 or 3 guys begging for someone to rebrand this coin like nonstop, i told them who would buy into this old coin with a new name if there are a few giant bagholders and you cant be an early adopter anymore? but they wouldn't listen - and magically someone turned up with exactly this idea he had in mind for a long time already...sure sure how convenient...im not buying it.
[...]
hate to say i called it...
so the mysterious buyer vanished now or what?

from twitter:

Update on rebranding. Waiting to hear from buyer. IF buyer does not follow through we will rebrand ourselves and re-launch new and improved.

so first the coin is announced dead by the takeicoin founder. then he says someone wants to buy it and relaunch it and he will pass it along, then he says he will work together with them, then suddenly 3 days later he is waiting for a response from the buyer, but would relaunch the coin by himself anyway, with a "new and bigger team" :

also from twitter:

We won't let you down. Rest assured we will launch bigger and better. New, larger team. More coders. We're ready.

what larger team? you hired a larger team to relanuch the coin while you were trying to sell the coin to some other team at the same time? you explicitly stated on twitter you are still waiting to hear from the buyer but will relanuch with a larger team anyway if you don't hear from him...this is really ridiculous

I don't get you people. Always assuming negativity. Yes, someone was supposed to buy it, that didn't happen. So instead we are going to move forward with a new and bigger team that had expressed interest. How is this confusing? We won't just let the coin die so instead of passing it along we will take responsibility and work to bring it back.

In fact the potential buyer is on the forum and can chime in on this.

you don't get it? you don't understand why this is ridiculous? i'll run it through for you very slowly, one more time.

1. you announce the coin is dead because takei and edie jumped off at more or less the same time. you remove twitter and homepage, tell people on IRC its over and then a few hours later wrote a statement of the end of takeicoin in the forum

2. a little later you claim someone wants to buy this coin and you are in talks with him, you edit the (takeicoin-is-dead-)posts reflecting this situation

3. after that you claim you will still be on board this project helping the new coin owners out

4. you are hyping up the coin again, bumping this thread and then 3 days later you claim the buyer doesn't respond anymore (like i forecast it), but you already have a new and bigger team and will relaunch this coin with the new and improved team, if the buyer doesn't follow through.

essentially you tried to sell off the coin project to someone, while at the same time you expanded your "team" to rebrand the coin yourself. this makes absolutely no sense to anyone who can actually use their brain for logical thought.

so i asked you a question. what larger team? what people are you talking about? and why did you expand your team while you were trying to sell the coin at the same time? how does this make any sense to you?

So basically what you're saying is the idea that someone is preparing ahead of time is confusing to you? We were trying to sell it to a forum member as is obvious by his posts. In the meantime I reached out to my contacts who had expressed interest and told them that if it doesn't go through we will continue with the coin.

The purchase didn't go through, therefore we are continuing with the coin as opposed to letting it die.

Again, not confusing.
Activity: 221
Oh boy! I hope you guys are riding the train today, soon the pumps will start!

Betting at 300 ~ satoshis til tomorrow Cheesy
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Friend replicated it as well, exact same results as I'm having..

Couldn't it be some kind of bug inside the wallet? Not being able to store it elsewhere is a big risk for the current environment I'm in...

Agreed.  Same issue on my end in both Windows 7 & 8.  Is there any word on this or the block explorer from the devs?

Block explorer is still around. It will be linked again once we have the new site up. Should be today or tomorrow!

On the note of the wallet let me see what I can do. Our coders had issue identifying the problem but i'll copy all of this to them and see if we can get some answers. I'll keep you all updated.
Awesome, thank you! Will keep checking back for a reply.

A little update on this. We believe we have found an issue and will work to fix it this weekend. Thank you for letting us know this is in fact widespread guys. We'll get back to you on any word from wallet devs.
Great, looking forward to the fix! Smiley If that indeed fixes the issue, would you mind sharing what the issue exactly was? As there's a wallet from another coin that's having the same issue as well, would be great to pass it onto them with all credits going to TAK ofcourse! Cheesy
[...]
funny thing is while the crash happened in IRC there were 2 or 3 guys begging for someone to rebrand this coin like nonstop, i told them who would buy into this old coin with a new name if there are a few giant bagholders and you cant be an early adopter anymore? but they wouldn't listen - and magically someone turned up with exactly this idea he had in mind for a long time already...sure sure how convenient...im not buying it.
[...]
hate to say i called it...
so the mysterious buyer vanished now or what?

from twitter:

Update on rebranding. Waiting to hear from buyer. IF buyer does not follow through we will rebrand ourselves and re-launch new and improved.

so first the coin is announced dead by the takeicoin founder. then he says someone wants to buy it and relaunch it and he will pass it along, then he says he will work together with them, then suddenly 3 days later he is waiting for a response from the buyer, but would relaunch the coin by himself anyway, with a "new and bigger team" :

also from twitter:

We won't let you down. Rest assured we will launch bigger and better. New, larger team. More coders. We're ready.

what larger team? you hired a larger team to relanuch the coin while you were trying to sell the coin to some other team at the same time? you explicitly stated on twitter you are still waiting to hear from the buyer but will relanuch with a larger team anyway if you don't hear from him...this is really ridiculous

I don't get you people. Always assuming negativity. Yes, someone was supposed to buy it, that didn't happen. So instead we are going to move forward with a new and bigger team that had expressed interest. How is this confusing? We won't just let the coin die so instead of passing it along we will take responsibility and work to bring it back.

In fact the potential buyer is on the forum and can chime in on this.

you don't get it? you don't understand why this is ridiculous? i'll run it through for you very slowly, one more time.

1. you announce the coin is dead because takei and edie jumped off at more or less the same time. you remove twitter and homepage, tell people on IRC its over and then a few hours later wrote a statement of the end of takeicoin in the forum

2. a little later you claim someone wants to buy this coin and you are in talks with him, you edit the (takeicoin-is-dead-)posts reflecting this situation

3. after that you claim you will still be on board this project helping the new coin owners out

4. you are hyping up the coin again, bumping this thread and then 3 days later you claim the buyer doesn't respond anymore (like i forecast it), but you already have a new and bigger team and will relaunch this coin with the new and improved team, if the buyer doesn't follow through.

essentially you tried to sell off the coin project to someone, while at the same time you expanded your "team" to rebrand the coin yourself. this makes absolutely no sense to anyone who can actually use their brain for logical thought.

so i asked you a question. what larger team? what people are you talking about? and why did you expand your team while you were trying to sell the coin at the same time? how does this make any sense to you?
Pages:
Jump to: