Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TCX] TorrentCoin ╠Proof of Seeding╣ ╠Anon P2P File Sharing╣ ╠No Premine╣ - page 6. (Read 27833 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
right now 3,7%,
but I think it changes from 1% to 8% ...
True dev?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Activity: 881
Merit: 502
and it is pos gentlemen, after some orphans I had 3 POS Blocks, lets stay together and make this coin uniq with proof of seeding!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
17k coins in 7 minutes of mining ! The price will never touch the 1 sat cap !
Hello Dev, please keep it up with development and inform us regularly.

I had mine and buying some more on exchange.

I see great potential and BTC market will be opened if we see development and proof of seeding
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So when is POW going to end and what about the wrong block rewards?

And a mac wallet would be nice!
At the moment of writing this, POW will end in 701 blocks.

The current incorrect block reward was the original, correct, & intended one.

Our team then redesigned the inner structure with a whole new approach that necessitated more coins, & unfortunately our graphics designer wasn't adequately informed.

Mac wallet will be available soon.

Further updates & road map will be available in the near future.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
We are working diligently on a few new exciting updates. Stay Tuned! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
When I brick a card it shoots out a fireball.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
He's using a laptop :/ It'll overheat and kill his computer.

Surprisingly though, people actually DO run software on their laptops.  The program I pointed to manages threads and cpu usage.  You set min and max CPU percentage, threads, even targeted hash-rate.  All designed so that the n00b isn't going to cook their chip.  Believe me, when it comes to keeping chips cool, I know what I'm talking about.  As for mining, most people do it just for fun, just to get a piece of coin to play with and practice trading.  Actually, after looking at the numbers at present, MAGI is just a bit too unprofitable.  Now here's an interesting coin...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-monetaryunit-mue-pos-masternodes-funding-governance-services-devs-778322

Now here's the thing... As you can see by buddy's numbers there, 7 Kh/s/thread, GPU's usually  hash around 500-1000 times as fast as CPU's, give or take an order of magnitude but who's counting.  Now although there are GPU implementations of the Quark algo, GPU programs are only about ten times as fast.  That kind of even things up a bit.  I don't think anybody can fool themselves into thinking they're doing this for the money, unless they've got a huge farm or something.  We all know it's for pennies, but it's fun, and edumacational.

Done properly, you can make a killing off mining.
You need the initial funds though.

I grabbed a 160 Mh/s X-11 rig today because Start was high on the profitability scale, going up, difficulty going down, yadda yadda.  That big rack of cards churning away managed to mine an actual whole DOLLAR in the three hours I had it.  Yeah, it's possible, with the right breaks, and the right connections, line on hardware, lotta other things.  When the smoke clears though there's gonna be a whole lot more folks who lost money than made it though.  As with the gold-rush though, the real money is in supply, equipment that is.  I expect I'll be getting wicked deals on video-cards that people thought they bricked (without knowing a few un-bricking tricks) and thought they fried.  Right now I'm using this tasty R9-290 that I got for $200 Canadian because well... when I fired it up I found it was idling at 80-90C!!  Now I have trouble even getting it to hit 75, overclocked to 1200/1800.  $200 for a $600 card.  Then there's this 7950 I got last week for $80... "bricked"?  NOT!
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1012
empoex trade low price  Sad
new exchange?
legendary

Surprisingly though, people actually DO run software on their laptops.  The program I pointed to manages threads and cpu usage.  You set min and max CPU percentage, threads, even targeted hash-rate.  All designed so that the n00b isn't going to cook their chip.  Believe me, when it comes to keeping chips cool, I know what I'm talking about.  As for mining, most people do it just for fun, just to get a piece of coin to play with and practice trading.  Actually, after looking at the numbers at present, MAGI is just a bit too unprofitable.  Now here's an interesting coin...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-monetaryunit-mue-pos-masternodes-funding-governance-services-devs-778322

Now here's the thing... As you can see by buddy's numbers there, 7 Kh/s/thread, GPU's usually  hash around 500-1000 times as fast as CPU's, give or take an order of magnitude but who's counting.  Now although there are GPU implementations of the Quark algo, GPU programs are only about ten times as fast.  That kind of even things up a bit.  I don't think anybody can fool themselves into thinking they're doing this for the money, unless they've got a huge farm or something.  We all know it's for pennies, but it's fun, and edumacational.

Done properly, you can make a killing off mining.
You need the initial funds though.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

Surprisingly though, people actually DO run software on their laptops.  The program I pointed to manages threads and cpu usage.  You set min and max CPU percentage, threads, even targeted hash-rate.  All designed so that the n00b isn't going to cook their chip.  Believe me, when it comes to keeping chips cool, I know what I'm talking about.  As for mining, most people do it just for fun, just to get a piece of coin to play with and practice trading.  Actually, after looking at the numbers at present, MAGI is just a bit too unprofitable.  Now here's an interesting coin...

Now here's the thing... As you can see by buddy's numbers there, 7 Kh/s/thread, GPU's usually  hash around 500-1000 times as fast as CPU's, give or take an order of magnitude but who's counting.  Now although there are GPU implementations of the Quark algo, GPU programs are only about ten times as fast.  That kind of even things up a bit.  I don't think anybody can fool themselves into thinking they're doing this for the money, unless they've got a huge farm or something.  We all know it's for pennies, but it's fun, and edumacational.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Kinda new into coin mining.
I set up to mine coins in a pool. It seems like I have some hash rate but on the site I cannot see any hash rate on my worker nor any share. Can someone explain me why is that?

Screenshot

u use ur CPU for this coin that results in the next cases:
1- its slow, so it took long for 1 accepted share
2- a pool website like that ninja what ur using dont show information unless u have accepted shares: if u have 1 accepted share in ur miner (command prompt) it will show ur speed etc on the pool website. If u dont have accepted shares the pool website show no info

Advise: if u have a graphic card what can be use for mining, use ur graphic card, if u only have a cpu choose a coin for cpu only, or what is profitable to use like: ziftrcoin.

This coin is created for GPU's, ofc u can use ur cpu but the gpu give u much more coins.

But what i see in ur command prompt, u have 2 threads working ( means normally a DUO CORE cpu ) with a very, very low speed ( old laptop ? ). Try put on ur .batch file: -t 4 ( if u have 4 cores/threads, use 8 instead of 4 if u have 8 cores/threads ).

WARNING: If it's true ur using ur laptop with a duo core; stop mining, u have the possibility to blow / fire up ur CPU!!

Thanks for your advice. I indeed use a laptop with an old Pentium B960 dual-core processor. I thought that this coin would be ok for CPU, but I was wrong. I also have a NVIDIA video card, not so powerful, but I thought it would be ok to mine some of those coins. I tried ccminer but I didn't manage to make it work that neither. So I'm giving up for now on mining coins in general.
Thank you again for you help.

Sure np Cheesy

Nah u can mine it with a cpu, but its not profitable with an pentium cpu in an laptop. It hurt ur laptop more then that u get coins Cheesy

Beter get a good nvidia or ati card for coins like this Cheesy

Activity: 814
Merit: 258
Dev this looks promising, when do you expect to merge Torrents seeding with Blockchain tech?
I been looking at this myself, for my own project, is there a roadmap?

Torrent seeding might prove very rewarding. This coin kind of went under the radar for me.
But I will keep an eye on it. I also wish you used sha256 or Scrypt, but I would have missed it either way.

Good Luck
legendary

Thanks for your advice. I indeed use a laptop with an old Pentium B960 dual-core processor. I thought that this coin would be ok for CPU, but I was wrong. I also have a NVIDIA video card, not so powerful, but I thought it would be ok to mine some of those coins. I tried ccminer but I didn't manage to make it work that neither. So I'm giving up for now on mining coins in general.
Thank you again for you help.
Don't use your laptop to mine! never!

send me your torrentcoin address in PM i'll send you 10 million

What a kind gesture,  it's great to see the community come together & help each other out.

In regards to that, I will match your 10 Million TCX donation. Adriano_effe,  please also PM me your TCX address.

Oh c'mon, let an overly polite Canadian show you how it's done.  ;

Yo Adriano!  There are indeed coins that are for CPU mining only.  Best of these is MAGI, and one of their crew has just put out a program which will make this a breeze for you and also prevent your machine from melting down.  It's called Sweet Spot and manages the MAGI miner.   You can find the latest version and instructions here...

http://xmg.makejar.com/

The main thread for MAGI is here...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-xmg-magi-cpu-mining-mpow-mpos-magipay-735170

By now you've probably realized that people are using some fairly heavy hardware to mine this stuff, CPU and GPU both.  I just did a quick benchmark of the X11 algo with the latest CPU miner and got twice your hash rate per thread, and I've got eight of them.  Still, no reason not to use that idle power and this package makes it easy and safe.  It's good to use those idle cycles.  If we don't give our computers something to do they just sit around thinking of ways to kill us.

As for your Nvidia card, there are algos and programs that they do quite well with.  Tell me what model you've got and I'll point you in the right direction and get you started.

Pages:
Jump to: