Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 67. (Read 226867 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
  Thanks Pooler, was wondering what was up today!!   Cry
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
DDoS attack is in progress. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don't worry, pooler!
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
DDoS attack is in progress. Sorry for the inconvenience.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Sorry guys, pool is currently down. Yes, DDoS once again.

Have you thought of using DNS load balancing and apache reverse proxies?

I thought if someone were to do that using say, Amazon micro instances to host apache, you could make your pool rather resilient to DDoS as it would isolate the nodes from the actual pool instances.

I don't want to get too far off topic, this isn't my pool thread.

I have thought about splitting the web services from the poolserver instance.  Two problems:

1) Cost.  an LTC pool doesn't make money and even my full dedicated server has load issues periodically.
2) The attack we were seeing today was icmp flood + http flood + pushpool port flood, so having separate servers wouldn't have helped much.

Cheers.

Right, but if you used DNS load balancing you could just map a new IP and update your A-Record.

I mean, unless a DDoS attack does a DNS on each request, I imagine you would suffer minimal downtime. I'm making assumptions though, I've personally never launched a DDoS myself.

DDoS attacks primarily originate from compromised machines serving a botnet.  Thus when a DDoS attack is pointed at a domain name, the attack follows the domain name just as fast as your dns changes reach the compromised machines.

Activity: 914

I thought if someone were to do that using say, Amazon micro instances to host apache, you could make your pool rather resilient to DDoS as it would isolate the nodes from the actual pool instances.

I have thought about splitting the web services from the poolserver instance.  Two problems:

1) Cost.  an LTC pool doesn't make money and even my full dedicated server has load issues periodically.
2) The attack we were seeing today was icmp flood + http flood + pushpool port flood, so having separate servers wouldn't have helped much.

Cheers.

Right, but if you used DNS load balancing you could just map a new IP and update your A-Record.

I mean, unless a DDoS attack does a DNS on each request, I imagine you would suffer minimal downtime. I'm making assumptions though, I've personally never launched a DDoS myself.
legendary

Cheers.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250

You'd probably spend a lot on bandwidth ... I've considered this myself before.
Activity: 914

legendary
Burnside is getting hit at the same time.

PS

Yeah, not fun.  Working on shifting the traffic to a larger DDoS setup.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Burnside is getting hit at the same time.

PS
Activity: 322
Well, this time I don't mind, it means that the total network has has gone down, and it may result in a lower difficulty.

3 days ago I switched back to BTC mining for that reason.
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
I've been trying to find a good pool. I like this one, but it looks like you aren't accepting more miners. I'll shoot you an email.

In the mean time, does anyone have a suggestion for another pool?

I have been using http://ltc.r00t3d.com:9327/static/
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
I've been trying to find a good pool. I like this one, but it looks like you aren't accepting more miners. I'll shoot you an email.

In the mean time, does anyone have a suggestion for another pool?
Activity: 616
Looks like the pool keeps going down for a few minutes at a time..

anyone else having this issue?

Seems like its happening all this week. Becoming very annoying.

even more annoying since I am unsure how to setup a backup pool in reaper (i use a 7950, so cgminer is not a viable option).
Activity: 770
Merit: 502

Seems like its happening all this week. Becoming very annoying.
It goes down for at least a minute a day for me.

None of my miners switched over.  Wait, it must have happened when I took them offline for 5 minutes. Looks like I timed it perfectly w/o even knowing.
Is Litecoinpool down for anybody else?

It was down for a few minutes a few hours ago. None of my miners were connecting to the pool and I saw on the site it was down to 30mhash combined.
Pages:
Jump to: