Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] the Internet of Coins - page 2. (Read 24812 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 04:02:14 PM
Hi Geronemo, you should check the instructions of EtherDelta on how to buy tokens. If you donated during the crowdfund (March-June 2017), you will be contacted by us before April 2018 on how to receive your crowdfund rewards.

PS: please visit our main thread, there are more members there who can help as well Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
October 07, 2017, 12:32:47 PM
Hello.

I've rcvd email with text

Hybrid listed on EtherDelta

Together with the early holders we did a token upgrade over the past two weeks. To adhere to the latest ERC20 standards set out by the Ethereum foundation, we upgraded the token and arranged for it to be listed on EtherDelta. You can now find the token on the decentralized exchange there under the symbol name XHY in the dropdown list. Currently the volume is still low, and we expect this will remain for a while, until we reach the point where we can create a unified market between the hybrid chains.

How can I get XHY to me Ethereum account ? Or EtherDelta account
September 23, 2017, 09:15:47 PM
Good thing we aim to support all then Smiley

As a lot of projects are being open sourced, we aim to give the user freedom of choice in the methods they prefer to transfer or swap currencies. Be it via our hybrid system, atomic transactions, the Interledger protocol, or other publicly available potential standards.
Activity: 150
Official AltCreator Account
September 23, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
September 23, 2017, 12:19:30 PM
Hi Dave,
The hybrids to use in the network are being tested on Etherdelta (I posted they are on ED) but there is no listed alias yet. We'll update everyone in the main thread and newsletter about availability. Currently there is no availability created yet, as mass distribution of the tokens to all donators will not commence until in Q1 2018 when the beta wallet is released. Then people can then do with the hybrids as they please.
Activity: 76
September 23, 2017, 03:57:02 AM
i missed the crowdfunding, how can i purchase this?  Someone said it was on ED but there is no contract address for IOC on etherscan
September 20, 2017, 12:12:56 PM
Update: want to test our new alpha release? Take a look at https://wallet.coinstorm.net Smiley
July 10, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
Please ask questions about distribution in the main thread so we can assist you asap Smiley

The HYBRIDs will be delivered with the wallet release in 2018. If you want to have an early distribution before the wallet release, you'll need to manually set up and send us 7 valid addresses (one for each active chain at the moment). Read about it here: https://internetofcoins.org/en/earlyholders
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
July 07, 2017, 10:47:21 PM
I didn't receive my HYBRID AFAIK only the NXT chain is pending in the distribution, i participated in the crowdfund with BTS any help?  Huh Huh
Activity: 51
June 19, 2017, 03:50:05 AM
I just started an unofficial IOC community Telegram channel since there's none yet.

https://t.me/coinstorm
June 17, 2017, 07:49:07 PM
Hi Daan, thank you for your interest Smiley

However, one thing I do not completely understand: What is the added value of Hybrid? If I rephrase you correctly you state that: "Hybrid can be used as an intermediar when a blockchain does not support multie signature for atomic transactions". Can you list examples of blockchains which do not support multi signature?
I'll ask Agent725 to post some example situations. In general, I was referring to the incompatibility of writing a transaction (value) from one blockchain to another. (Since the start of the project, the support of multisignature has become more common.)

Because the HYBRIDs we created are indexed on their own metalayer (the 'weavechain' we published a bit about) they can actually be matched by an escrow in the network. The resulting transactions are written to the blockchains themselves, so the match for the transactions in the weavechain can afterwards be discarded. Atomic transactions are an alternative, just like the protocol Interledger is creating... there are multiple approaches. We try to incorporate our solution as well, to make sure there is maximum inclusiveness. Most new initiatives only support trading on a specific chain, or favor the top list at Coinmarketcap. We want to make sure this becomes a decentralized exchange where anyone can implement support for an asset or currency, including the ones which are just used locally. (Like with our test group)

Also I cannot find anything about the total supply of Hybrid.
There is a maximum of 7,000,000 (1,000,000 per asset system). They will be released to participants in July, after the crowdfund period has ended June 21st. The unissued ones will be burned, similar to what Counterparty did.

And... if you want to test the first public version of the system, you can do so here via TOR. We now support Bitcoin and Lisk:

Alpha Wallet v0.2
"just a wallet"

Live now for testing on TOR!

http://kth3qittpclsdrk6.onion/

This alpha release contains recipe's for Bitcoin and Lisk, and
makes it possible to send and receive these cryptocurrencies.
We want to test the use and security of deterministic transactions
and the code infrastructure thoroughly before building towards
more advanced functionality.

Have fun, and please give us your feedback! Smiley

DWW
Activity: 12
June 17, 2017, 06:59:13 PM
Hi,

I was searching for a decentralized exchange and came upon this project. All with all, I find it very impressive what you're trying to establish and therefore would love to fund you guys. However, one thing I do not completely understand: What is the added value of Hybrid? If I rephrase you correctly you state that: "Hybrid can be used as an intermediar when a blockchain does not support multie signature for atomic transactions".  Can you list examples of blockchains which do not support multi signature?

Also I cannot find anything about the total supply of Hybrid. Did you ignore this on purpose? If not, can you state the number in your answer?

Greetings,
Daan
June 06, 2017, 10:39:46 AM
why you dont update thread?
Hi!

Due to the current fundraiser we have organized, most of our efforts are made towards the campaign which we are updating everyone on here and in our newsletters (for which you can sign up here). Last update: recently the ERC20 token for the Ethereum chain was released.

We have several bounty campaigns as well, if anyone is interested. After the HYBRID distribution in July, we will focus more on posting about our tech updates again.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
May 30, 2017, 12:41:36 PM
why you dont update thread?
May 16, 2017, 10:11:56 AM
Update: most of the project news is of course currently happening in the thread for our crowdfunding campaign.

We have recently surpassed $300,000.- in funding for development and have now launched both a Twitter and signature campaign.

Albeit the distraction of the campaign, development has continued. You can find a presentation about the current status here.

We thank everyone for their interest in the project Smiley
Activity: 361
April 20, 2017, 11:21:17 AM
find the original post
March 23, 2017, 09:47:44 AM
How many coins are needed to become an allocator?
You need to be hosting at least 2 types. (One for incoming value, one for the outgoing value). The client can take care of this for you under the hood.
As for reserves, in theory anything from 1 satoshi and up can be used to swap. For the incoming currency, in theory you wouldn't need any reserves as long as you can perform the payout of the outgoing value on the other chain.

Of course, a higher contribution in reserves opens you up for bigger transactions as an allocator, or more simultaneous transactions. Successful transactions add up to a good reputation on the network,  giving preference over others and earning you more.
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
March 22, 2017, 11:13:47 AM
How many coins are needed to become an allocator?
Activity: 306
currently working on the Internet of Coins
March 21, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

Grin Woot woot!
Activity: 306
currently working on the Internet of Coins
March 18, 2017, 05:33:12 PM
@tyz: We published our whitepaper just before SuperNET was announced. Indeed the projects look similar, but there are some notable differences.

First of all, back at the time, coins that are to be part of SuperNET had to alter their code to be able to participate in it. We differ from that in that we have created a modular approach in which coins need to make no changes to their codebase.

These days SuperNET it looks like parts of it have been rebranded to Komodo and Iguana. The code of SuperNET is written in low-level C. We have designed our system in NodeJS, and continuously approach other systems from a meta-perspective.

The "Shapeshift" functionality @Dotrego mentions is the ability to swap coins in an easy way, without having to be a trader or know how to use an orderbook. Instead liquidity is provided by allocators on the network that create

We have a unique take on inter-blockchain connectivity which is hybrid assets. This type of asset can exist on multiple blockchains simultaneously, spreading the technical risk, and making for an automated, diversified portfolio. Hybrid assets can also be used to transfer value between the blockchains they operate on.

For the rest, our approach is not-for-profit, which is different than the approach many other cryptocurrency projects have. We want to ensure our platform stays objective and independent of profit-oriented objectives. This way we can ensure to be inclusive to the entire cryptocurrency market, and not only the financially more powerful parts of it.
Pages:
Jump to: