Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] the Internet of Coins - page 4. (Read 24812 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
November 24, 2016, 08:34:06 AM
DMD Diamond be part of the party! Side by side with ERC Europecoin and BSD Bitsend
Great news from http://www.federatedblockchains.eu.org/ and http://www.internetofcoins.org/

You can take me literally, its 70% feature complete (plus things i wasn't even imagining myself),
You will see a revolution. I wouldn't be that bold, if the credit was belonging  to me.
The team is currently working in full time and we are heading towards the promised closed alpha testnet.

Active coin maintainers may join on our Federated Blockchains server.
Together, with Europecoin, Bitsend, DIAMOND Foundation and others, we will test the first existing
blockchain agnostic federation protocol for apps and services, that will give more than ethereum like features to any connected altcoin.
Credit goes to the fabulous "Internet of Coins" team, that has worked on this innovation since two years.

have fun
Matthias  Smiley

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
January 20, 2016, 06:41:47 AM
Update Smiley

Thanks to the SIDN funding, we have expanded the team with two additional coders. Ammo has added a frontend, so we're out of the CLI phase. As an open source project, we have gained support from the NLnet Foundation.

Michiel Leenaars, Director of Strategy at NLnet:
“Digital payment systems and the internet are a great match, but we are at an early stage. There is a lot of experimenting that needs to be done before we can ultimately converge and find the solutions that will scale to the whole Internet. The Internet of Coins is an ambitious open source project, and full of promising ideas. We are looking forward to working with the team to mature their techology.”

Read more about it at http://internetofcoins.org.

And of course; the Cryptsy heist is just another reason to switch to a decentralized exchange system Wink
August 25, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
what is it , just another exchnage/ trading platform, or something better?Huh? just curious to know

I dont get it. What are you trying to do here?
Any great idea should be able to be described in a few lines.
Hi there!

In a few lines:
We are developing an ecosystem which allows for easy exchange of value without having to rely on centralized services.
Think of the functionality of Shapeshift, but then decentralized (fully, not federated), anonymous, with userset fees, including both coin- and assetsupport. You can literally download the coins & assets you need from one another. Users can compete each other for having the lowest exchange fee on the network, offering an advantage for a user seeking to trade. New forms of value can be added in modules, by devs or us.

We do not ask of coindevs to invest, nor do we want to do any form of public crowdfunding before you can try out our client. Source will be open so anyone can check. Take a look at the whitepaper if you are looking for more detail Smiley

In other news: today we got funded by the Dutch Foundation for Internet Domain Registration!
Read about it in our blog update. We are registering Internet of Coins as a non-profit foundation, apart from our commercial agency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain
August 21, 2015, 01:08:19 PM
Feel free to ask questions!

I dont get it. What are you trying to do here?
Any great idea should be able to be described in a few lines.

(I hope it is not another shitcoin...)
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
August 21, 2015, 11:45:01 AM
Invitation To Agent725

The admins of PICISI.com are seeking to develop our crowdfunding site. 

We are assembling a tech team, and inviting specific individuals to the team -- agent725 is invited to be part of our tech development team.

If interested please let us know.  The project is expected to last about 15 calendar days, and the work will be distributed between at least 3 experienced developers.

We see you as a crypto expert, we also have a crowdfunding expert, and a social media expert everyone has extensive programming experience.

Currently we have 2 programmers, once we get 3 we will have a meeting to introduce everyone, to select a team leader, and to assign responsibilities.

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
currently working on the Internet of Coins
May 13, 2015, 05:29:43 AM
Nice project Armis. I've sent you a PM.
May 02, 2015, 09:59:51 AM
Dear The Internet Of Coins ...

You are cordially invited to be a PICISI sponsor, here is some pre-launch info about PICISI:

1)  What is PICISI - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/picisi/
2)  PICISI Administration - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/picisi-administration/
3)  PICISI Sponsors - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/picisi-crowdfunding-sponsors/
4)  PICISI Assignments  - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/picisi-assignments-international-work-crowdfunding-space/
5)  PICISI Currency - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/pi-anyone-picisi-issued-currency-crowdfunding-space/
6)  Great Expectations For Pi - http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/great-expectations-ahead-picisis-new-currency/#
7)  Pi Is A Currency, A Commodity, And A Means Of Communicating A Sharp Message - http://EzineArticles.com/9013025

Update of our pre-launch goals:  

1) recruit a min. of 6 admins, we now have 2;  
2) secure a min of 20 sponsors, we now have 20: (www.ArmisGame.com, The Einsteinium News, Crypto Cloud Hosting, Bitcoin PR Buzz, Crypto Database, Einsteinium, Metal Coin, HYPER, Hobonickels, Energy Coin, World Aid Coin, Artsry Coin, GSM, Sativacoin, Magi coin, HTML5, Coin2, Aricoin, NXT, and Gridcoin); [goal achieved]
3) secure a min of 8 campaigns to crowd fund, we now have 6;
4) recruit a min of 1 referral agent, we now have 1; [goal achieved]:
5) associate with a min of 2 promotion contractors, we now have 12: [goal achieved & surpassed]
6) associate with a min of 1 campaign contractor, we now have 12; [goal achieved & surpassed]
and
7) publish a min of 5 ‘about PICISI’ articles, we now have 7, [goal achieved & surpassed] .
Activity: 448
May 01, 2015, 06:15:02 AM
what is it , just another exchnage/ trading platform, or something better?Huh? just curious to know
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 01, 2015, 12:20:17 AM
Any update?
What is the latest on this project?  When will we see a software/web client?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
March 24, 2015, 12:19:24 PM
Thought it was time for a little update. Pitching the project at a startup competition next week Smiley

Great Project

I recently posted in regards to something like this.  Much better fitting word abstractions for how a project like this exists in the blockchain ecosystem.

March 22, 2015, 09:50:59 PM
Thought it was time for a little update. Pitching the project at a startup competition next week Smiley
January 24, 2015, 05:50:05 AM
agent725, I'm working vigorously on PICISI, a crowdfunding site that accepts fiat and crypto, it will launch in under a month, there will be many paid sponsorship opportunities when the site launches however prior to launch I have created 20 free sponsorship opportunities.  If you are interested in one of the remaining 12 11 spaces contact me before they are all gone.

At PICISI here are our primary sponsorship opportunities:

1)  Host CC Sponsor -  One of the best ways to get your coin into the hands of someone is to simply give it to them, however the best way to get your coin used by the general public is to get your coin into their hands and have them use it in a real life application.  When an organizer starts a campaign at PICISI s/he has a choice of what CC currency type to select, the first choice is “sponsor currency” this is the organizer indicating a willingness to have his campaign sponsored at the host CC level.  Once the sponsor is finally selected that currency will be the currency that all other CCs donated to that campaign will be converted to for the duration of that particular campaign.  

This is major because everyone that visits that campaign will see your currency, but the will not only see but will likely use the funds to do business with one of the contractors at the site during the campaign.   If they don't use it during the campaign, over that month of close interaction with your currency they are very likely to want to learn more about your coin so that by the end of the campaign they will make the deliberate decision to download a wallet, open an exchange account, or simply convert out of the currency.   Regardless of what they actually choose to do your CC has certainly been branded into their mind in a very positive way.

2)  Campaign Sponsor - this is the most common type of sponsorship outside of PICISI;  the sponsor’s logo is affixed to the body of campaign text in an area set aside for campaign sponsors.  The higher your donation the higher your logo is located in the sponsorship logo area.

3)  Donor Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign where it will be used.   If the perk is not requested by any qualified donor it will be converted to host CC and donated to the campaign

4)  Advertising Perk Sponsor -  a sponsor provided perk escrowed by PICISI on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk or returned to the sponsor.  If the perk is not requested by any qualified campaign donor the perk is sent back to the sponsor -- the perk is NOT donated to the campaign.

and

5)  Campaign Video Sponsor -  the first 5 second of the campaign organizer's video is allocated for the Campaign Video Sponsor, this is where the sponsor will indicate: “This video is brought to you by … [say sponsor's name, show sponsor's logo, and say sponsor's catchphrase]”

Things get more interesting for 'purpose coins'.  A purpose coin is a CC created for a specific purpose or niche, eg: EMC2, Metal, HYPER, GMC,  RPC, Gridcoin, EDU, FLDC,  etc ...  for these coins they may want to direct their sponsorship more broadly to whole categories as well as specific campaigns.  EMC2, Gridcoin, and FLDC will likely want affiliation with science research category; HYPER and GMC will want affiliation with gaming and game development categories, Metal will want affiliation with music category, EDU will want affiliation with Education category; SLR will want affiliation with the Renewable Energy category.   So that when someone is searching via the categories specific sponsorship logos will be part of the picture.

PICISI is currently sponsored by:

There are 12 11 free CC sponsorship positions remaining.  Let me know as soon as possible if you want inclusion.
Activity: 168
AltcoinWarrior.com
January 18, 2015, 04:34:59 PM
That'd be awesome if you could upload your conference presentation to YouTube.
January 18, 2015, 12:37:50 PM
Thanks Nifty Smiley

In the upcoming week we'll be visiting the Amsterdam Bitcoinference to explain & illustrate the whitepaper and talk to other devs.
Activity: 168
AltcoinWarrior.com
January 14, 2015, 03:13:07 AM
Brilliant premise, added to watchlist
January 12, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
Thanks George! Yahoo apparently also picked up on the release Smiley

I don't have any pics here, but a tiny bird whispered in my ear that Amm0 is shaping what appears to be a front-end and Agent725 has been crunching Node.js the past few days. We'll post here when there is more to show!

yep, good work
January 12, 2015, 04:30:42 PM
Thanks George! Yahoo apparently also picked up on the release Smiley

I don't have any pics here, but a tiny bird whispered in my ear that Amm0 is shaping what appears to be a front-end and Agent725 has been crunching Node.js the past few days. We'll post here when there is more to show!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 12, 2015, 04:28:15 PM
Cool project, looking forward to reading how it develops
Activity: 306
currently working on the Internet of Coins
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
January 08, 2015, 04:24:31 PM
read the whole friggin paper. this is majorly cool shit  Cool and I want to see it happen!!

how is development going at the moment?
Pages:
Jump to: