Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Tidecoin: Post-Quantum Security Bitcoin | PoW only | CPU friendly algo - page 3. (Read 7984 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 2
TIDECOIN Web Wallet

https://tdc.cash

Features:

❇️ Keys are generated on client side in browser and never leave your computer

❇️ Fast transaction broadcast through API (Transaction is signed in your browser, we only relay the raw data)

❇️ Your nickname and password are your wallet access

❇️ Flat fee 0.005 TDC per transaction

❇️ Good for offline wallet address generation

❇️ Import/Export WIF keys from/to classical wallet

❇️ Mobile friendly

❇️ Secure

Use strong passwords.

Falcon keys are generated from 48 bytes of entropy.
It means that there are 2^384 different Falcon keys.

Web wallet takes your nickname + ; + password and runs it through PKDF2_SHA512 function with 500,000 iterations to obtain 48 bytes hash which acts as a seed for your Falcon keys.
Then Falcon keys are generated from this seed and translated into TDC address.

All this happens in your browser.
Your keys do not leave your computer, and we do not know your nickname or password.

Wallet then queries API to get your balance and UTXOs.

When you send transaction, the wallet signs it locally, builds raw transaction output and submits it to API.
Raw transaction output is already signed - it does not contain your nickname, password, or keys.

It is the same raw transaction that your QT wallet submits to the network.

To get your private key, click on the icon with the key once you login into your wallet. The wallet will copy the private key into your clipboard.
You can import a private key into your QT wallet from the console with importprivkey command.

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

Tidecoin TDC got Verbal Kent from the Crack-ER Jack Box

One of the Biggest concepts for Crypto-Currency "Adoption" is the idea of marketing to hook a certain group..........this works in the short term as most short term growth prospects for the herd is short term thinking.........

The idea to strictly target audience for growth in Quantum Encryption is the best line of attack vector for growth to take......to attract the best quality growth!

The utter simplification of the Math is pretty simple instead of Binary ECDSA 2 point Math calculations for the Crypto the Falcon-512 and others use 4 Point Vectors Mathematics instead of 2 Point Vectors Math.....

Quantum Computers can easily reduce the Math for 2 Point Vectors because of the Bits being able to be in Multiple States at the same time, but once the Quantum Computer Process breaks the encryption it stops the process automatically........Technically Quantum Encryption is 4 Vector Math and Quantum Computers operate using 4 Vector States.............the idea of Quantum Encryption is to encrypt the 4 Vector Pathway or Private Key

The 4 Vector States of Quantum Computers ensure easy breaking of Binary 2 Vector Math Encryption because it's essentially like dropping marbles down a shaft until it breaks it's way down to it's final "Rest" position.........

Watch the Youtube guy about the Marble Music Machines he builds to get the idea!

I'll just assume no one has gotten Sign and Verify to work than!

Sign and Verify is a simple process not complicated, but it does not work inside the wallet! 

There is no way to Sign and Verify messages using the Falcon-512 signature using the Tidecoin wallet currently

10GB data is nothing, the Falcon-512 Private Keys are securing the Blockchain from Quantum Attacks, it would be better to use Falcon-1024 instead actually due to the rapid pace of Quantum Computer Growth..........

Bitcoin Blockchain size is around 375 GB after 11 years Tidecoin Blockchain after 1 year is around 1.7 GB
Activity: 61
Merit: 17
How are you handling the insanely large public/private key size of Falcon-512? It is close to 1KB per key. So to store keys for 10 million wallets is 10GB alone.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist

Has anyone got the Sign and Verify Message to work inside the Tidecoin Wallet?

If you could post instructions thanks

The Sign and Verify Message are no different from other similar cryptocurrencies. You can take the manual and rewrite it for Tidecoin.
If you have a link, send it, I can adapt it by for Tidecoin.

Has anyone got the Sign and Verify Message to work inside the Tidecoin Wallet?

If you could post instructions thanks

Activity: 72
IBM creates largest ever superconducting quantum computer (https://www.newscientist.com/article/2297583-ibm-creates-largest-ever-superconducting-quantum-computer/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636996153)

IBM has made a 127-qubit quantum computer. This is over double the size of comparable machines made by Google and the University of Science and Technology of China

------------
And the 1000+ qubits is not far.
Activity: 72
A new mining pool http://pool.tidecoin.exchange is online. Expect more hash rate to different pools, as the decentrolized hash power is important to network.
Activity: 69
Merit: 8
Wow, great to see this still going.

I thought this was a good project & mined it for a little while, but as I never see it on CMC now & assumed it had been abandoned.

Keep up the good work dev team.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Tidecoin is a small step for mankind and a huge embarrassment for everyone involved in dealing with it. Quantum resistance is a fiction imparted to u through internet propaganda. Nothing major in being quantum resistant when there exist no real computers to test the encryption a thing uses to claim the touted resistance. When first computers go mainstream then Im afraid that would be a dreadful end for everything humankind has built thus far including bogus technologies alleged to be the next big thing.

wait so you think there's no use for it because there is no publicly known computer capable of doing it yet.  but do you not think that the technology is fast approaching that level?

in regards to your point regarding the encryption it does use they are using one of the algorithms selected by the NIST for post quantum security - which while I guess you can't actually test you can determine if it can hold up to x number of qubits?

and finally yes, EVERYTHING digital is eventually going to need to be upgraded to be secured against this threat -- one year? ten years? 25 years? idk - but it will happen or are you saying that day won't ever come?
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Did anyone try to solo mine?
Seems not to work Sad

And why your own miner is closed source?

With the premine before announcement all that makes not quite good impression
Activity: 652
Merit: 123
Tidecoin is a small step for mankind and a huge embarrassment for everyone involved in dealing with it. Quantum resistance is a fiction imparted to u through internet propaganda. Nothing major in being quantum resistant when there exist no real computers to test the encryption a thing uses to claim the touted resistance. When first computers go mainstream then Im afraid that would be a dreadful end for everything humankind has built thus far including bogus technologies alleged to be the next big thing.
Thats not bad mining for such small computer, the Tidecoin Chain has been over 100 MH lately so all mining reward is getting reduced which should incentivize people to Buy instead of Mine...........

A 16 Core CPU mines around 1 Tidecoin per day now at 100 MH using the Tidepool.shop mining pool

16 Core CPU with Core CPU voltage 0.94 @ 3.5 MHz runs around 100 Watts total power at full power and 15 Kh/s for 3950x cpu and 16 KH/s for 5950x cpu

When I started mining Tidecoin it was a couple MH chain along with Raptoreum they have both taken off, but Tidecoin seems to be dominated by 1 very very large miner

If you look at the little things around Tidecoin mirroring Bitcoin it's a real Novelty of itself

I watched from Sohu.com a month ago China has an Annual Tide watching event ect.......very interesting maybe an omen that the largest Bitcoin Holder earlier this year was swept out to sea and died from a RipTide current

Best way to mine Tidecoin is using Threadripper, New Intel CPU's 10 NM DDR 5 memory or 16 Core AMD CPU's

8 Core AMD CPU's use basically same amount of power as undervolted 16 core AMD CPU set at 3.5 MHz

I let 16 Core CPU overclock @ 4.19 Mhz it mines around 17-18 KH/s, I do not know the power usage but probably 140 watts or more
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
So I left one of my old PCs over night and this is what I got for 22H.
Total Earned      0.26354036 TDC
Personally I won't mine any anymore, it takes forever to get a piece of coin.

Activity: 46
which processors do you recommend for this coin, I have no idea how much hash each processor produces
Activity: 3
lets talk about what news we have:

today tidecoin is listed at dex-trade.com (trade volume for btc 100million per day!)

you can trade/buy tidecoin with bitcoin:
https://dex-trade.com/spot/trading/TDCBTC

this is a big step for tidecoin.
still tidecoin is a very young coin.

its blockchain is secured against quantum computers. bitcoins blockchain is not secured. one day in future, satoshis 1million bitcoins will be hacked by bruteforce attacks from quantum computers. the private key will be hacked. you have been warned.

the developtment on mobile wallet is progressing. and more to come soon.  Kiss

want help from tdc community? join us on telegram or discord (link can be found at tidecoin.org)
legendary
Ukrainians will resist
Then it's just fine that it's already quantum protected.  Some projects are just going to implement such protection, and here everything is ready.  But only remains underestimated.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Here is a list of all pools - https://miningpoolstats.stream/tidecoin
My question is - do need special addresses to ensure quantum security?
Is tidecoin currently quantum secure or will it be added in the future?

In order to be quantum secure, blockchain needs to use PQC signature scheme from genesis.

Any crypto which isn't using QR signature scheme from genesis is not quantum resistant as old addresses needs to be migrated manually by users or burned, to prevent lost coins being stolen and dumped.

Tidecoin uses from genesis Falcon 512, NIST finalist for PQC competition.
Falcon is both stateless and of compact size, which makes it excellent choice for blockchains.
legendary
Ukrainians will resist
Here is a list of all pools - https://miningpoolstats.stream/tidecoin
My question is - do need special addresses to ensure quantum security?
Is tidecoin currently quantum secure or will it be added in the future?
Pages:
Jump to: