Author

Topic: [ANN] TopCoin [TOP] ★ Crypto Learning Center coming soon! ★ Practical toolset! - page 106. (Read 195488 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
How do I get the wallet to sync? It just doesn't do anything.

you need to add nodes see first post
There are no nodes in the first post.  I added the ones from the post that is further down on the first page, but I still am not connecting.  

Someone please post some updated nodes! My pool is already yelling at me for leaving too many coins on their site but I don't feel comfortable withdrawing to a wallet that won't sync.  Maybe I'll just withdraw to an exchange.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I have topcoin.conf in my ".../Appdata/Roaming/TopCoin/" folder.

topcoin.conf:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=18382
port=18381
gen=0
server=1
addnode=219.90.254.80
addnode=122.62.19.98
addnode=101.98.184.135
addnode=78.51.74.99
addnode=14.201.151.38

(tried several other configs too)

Disabled Firewall and waiting but nothing happens.
Anyone got an Idea?
Activity: 76
ITT: People who don't understand economics.

ITT: Vague non-sequitirs.

Maybe I can clarify his point then:

What makes a coin valuable? Supply and demand. How much supply is there already of TOP? Just over 9 billion. How much demand is there for TOP? Not particularly much right now. This isn't food or even electronics. When coins are produced, they generally stay forever. Sure a small amount gets lost from people who lost their wallets etc, but it's not that significant a quantity. Functionally, coins stay forever. What does this mean for TOP? It means that it doesn't particularly matter that it will be really hard to mine more later, there's already so much that the supply is extremely large. In fact, we are already basically at the point that mining barely matters at all. By the next halving, it will be practically pointless to mine without an extreme hash drop.

So why is this unique for TOP? Because it reaches max supply quickly, and effectively stabilizes at that supply. The real question is will demand rise? Because of the stability of supply for TOP, any demand increases will not be diluted by inflation, what you see is effectively what you get in terms of TOP, it's very nature is deflationary if you get in past a certain point. Does price HAVE to rise? Not at all, demand could drop and we could see prices fall to 1 satoshi even or worthless (this will likely happen if hash rate goes too far down, people will have less faith in the security of the coin since 51% attacks will be easier). Could it rise? Sure, if demand rises then prices will go up proportional to demand, since there's no inflationary pressure.

The point is, TOP is designed so that if it gets a lot of hype, prices will rise very quickly. If there is no hype, it will likely die just as quickly because the hash rate will drop below a point where anybody is willing to trust the coin anymore. Effectively, in 1 week we will know what will happen to TOP.

Thank you, you've outlined the situation very succinctly. TopCoin will be made or broken by it's community.
Activity: 112

Maybe I can clarify his point then:

What makes a coin valuable? Supply and demand. How much supply is there already of TOP? Just over 9 billion. How much demand is there for TOP? Not particularly much right now. This isn't food or even electronics. When coins are produced, they generally stay forever. Sure a small amount gets lost from people who lost their wallets etc, but it's not that significant a quantity. Functionally, coins stay forever. What does this mean for TOP? It means that it doesn't particularly matter that it will be really hard to mine more later, there's already so much that the supply is extremely large. In fact, we are already basically at the point that mining barely matters at all. By the next halving, it will be practically pointless to mine without an extreme hash drop.

So why is this unique for TOP? Because it reaches max supply quickly, and effectively stabilizes at that supply. The real question is will demand rise? Because of the stability of supply for TOP, any demand increases will not be diluted by inflation, what you see is effectively what you get in terms of TOP, it's very nature is deflationary if you get in past a certain point. Does price HAVE to rise? Not at all, demand could drop and we could see prices fall to 1 satoshi even or worthless (this will likely happen if hash rate goes too far down, people will have less faith in the security of the coin since 51% attacks will be easier). Could it rise? Sure, if demand rises then prices will go up proportional to demand, since there's no inflationary pressure.

The point is, TOP is designed so that if it gets a lot of hype, prices will rise very quickly. If there is no hype, it will likely die just as quickly because the hash rate will drop below a point where anybody is willing to trust the coin anymore. Effectively, in 1 week we will know what will happen to TOP.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Activity: 58
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Somebody will buy those 100 million next couple days. If I had the money I would. Sell that shit for 1500 satoshis when it hits cryptsy.
Activity: 112
Any other exchanges coming up listing TOP?

Anyone know if Cryptsy has taken a look at it yet?
Activity: 364
Any other exchanges coming up listing TOP?
Activity: 420
I will buy your cheap TOP  Cool and hodl like a pro.

Topcoin is best coin.

When is next block halving?

Can't wait for the tears when TOP reaches 100 sats...
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
We're down to 3 satoshi now on CryptoRush Sad
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Coin will be nothing worth due those motherfuckers who doesn't get the value of a coin ...

Activity: 154
good job putting those sell walls up! nice way to help the coin grow  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093

you need to add nodes see first post
Activity: 1
Activity: 196
 Grin Hold it and become $130,000.
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Are my 1.3 million coins worth something yet?

You can sell right now for 4 satoshis. 1.3million TOP = 0.052 BTC

$36 USD
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

You can sell right now for 4 satoshis. 1.3million TOP = 0.052 BTC
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
all guys begging check http://topcoinfaucet.tk paying 1-50 topcoins each hour
Jump to: