Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Triangles [TRI] Now Stable & Working Anonymous Cloak over TOR - ON BITTREX - page 39. (Read 90259 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
just picked me up some TRI, you know why.......
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
If i understood this right, we need a staking wallet to get the blockchain moving. We obviously have none currently -> MAC wallets not staking, win wallets not existing/also not staking, so no PoS blocks, no movement.

Do we need to convince bittrex or some pool (which still has coins in wallet) to put some of their coins on stake? Other ideas?

PS: If anybody here has a compiled, working wallet with coins in it: Bring it online! Smiley

PPS: Or am i wrong?

Right now I am experiencing problems syncing.

After looking at the debug log and RPC:getpeerinfo it seems that this is due to faulty connections to .onion peers to download the remaining blocks.  It is possible that this is because I am currently on a hospital WIFI with restricted access, so I will try again at a different location.

Some additional notes:
If you look at RPC:getpeerinfo, you will see that many peers have 9002 blocks (fully synced) which is good.  

What I believe is the problem right now is not enough staking peers connecting to the network.  That said, I have bought all of the TRI that I can, but am unfortunately poor and ran out of BTC  Cheesy

This coin had a very good launch.  Dev is quirky (in a fun way), but seems to be active.  This network difficulties that we're having right now is an easy repair.  We simply need:
1. More peers with 9002 blocks connecting so that we can all sync (alternatively, if someone with 9002 blocks could upload their blk0001.dat, we could fix this by loading with triangles-qt -loadblock="path to blk0001.dat")
2. More wallets containing coins fully synced

Following this, proper PoS minting will occur.

What happened is that when PoW ended and PoS was meant to begin, not enough synced wallets were staking.  

In the PoW phase, miners were competing for blocks.  In this new PoS phase, wallets with staking coins compete for blocks in a lottery like system where the probability of a wallet to "earn" the right to mint a block is a function of (coin age)(coin size).  As soon as we have enough stakers synced, this will continue.

tl;dr: everything is going to be ok; dev doesn't seem to be AWOL; if I had more BTC I would still be buying.  Hope this helps!
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
If i understood this right, we need a staking wallet to get the blockchain moving. We obviously have none currently -> MAC wallets not staking, win wallets not existing/also not staking, so no PoS blocks, no movement.

Do we need to convince bittrex or some pool (which still has coins in wallet) to put some of their coins on stake? Other ideas?

PS: If anybody here has a compiled, working wallet with coins in it: Bring it online! Smiley

PPS: Or am i wrong?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
A compiled windows wallet would be awesome.

More staking then.
Activity: 91
I'm stuck at syncing 9001 of 9002 blocks...

my coins also stuck on bittrex 3 days now still pending from wallet to bittrex...
Activity: 308
My wallet synched fine today.  It was stuck yesterday with 51 blocks remaining but today it synched and I have 11 active connections.

seems like the network had too much transactions going over too few PoS-nodes during Bittrex-launch.
Great to see that some of you are staking - that is important for the network.

When everyone sends to Bittrex at the same time (bittrex has staking off), it is like everyone running to one side of a little boat.

if we get added to Mintpal or Cryptsy later, don´t send all at once - always leave some coins in your wallet at home, those are the network-nodes.

We´ll sync up. Smiley

great to see you Dev......you know why!!!!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
keymaker
My wallet synched fine today.  It was stuck yesterday with 51 blocks remaining but today it synched and I have 11 active connections.

seems like the network had too much transactions going over too few PoS-nodes during Bittrex-launch.
Great to see that some of you are staking - that is important for the network.

When everyone sends to Bittrex at the same time (bittrex has staking off), it is like everyone running to one side of a little boat.

if we get added to Mintpal or Cryptsy later, don´t send all at once - always leave some coins in your wallet at home, those are the network-nodes.

We´ll sync up. Smiley
Activity: 408
ded
I'm stuck at syncing 9001 of 9002 blocks...
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
Activity: 84
I'm seeing multiple peers on the network right now with 9002 blocks...

You know why.
I've been doing some reading on PoS and some debugging from console and RPC...

99% sure that 3angle is messing with you guys.

I'm still buying TRI on Bittrex Smiley
Activity: 658
Anyone want to join in with me to offer a donation for compiled windows wallet?

I'm on mac, but we should get a windows wallet compiled.

no point in that as long as the blockchain is stuck.

http://rentmydns.com:2750

Isn't it possible that the blockchain is stuck because not enough coins are staking?

no point in that as long as the blockchain is stuck.

http://rentmydns.com:2750

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
     ..       you
   ......     know
............    why

Pages:
Jump to: