Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TRON] Positron Technologies - Upcoming Project Direction Change - page 62. (Read 324002 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
So, is this a good time to sell...need advice from the investment gurus
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
nothing just yet sugar, I'm just wired on caffeine waiting with hope Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Fuck Yeah! this is gonna happen!

what happen baby  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Sorry, I'm still working. its not very brofessional but if you want to come watch you can. I'm in US Mountain time so its 11:38pm here... I'll be up until I finish.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DEPZdPNkQCZ2kUXu1cjm1tWEjRtpMRSOnZHU3Q4U4UM/edit?usp=sharing

lots of eyes watching Smiley Keep it up man!
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Sorry, I'm still working. its not very brofessional but if you want to come watch you can. I'm in US Mountain time so its 11:38pm here... I'll be up until I finish.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DEPZdPNkQCZ2kUXu1cjm1tWEjRtpMRSOnZHU3Q4U4UM/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 476
Re-Evolution
Ready for the announcement so I can take a nice ride on this one. TRON
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Let's hear the new update Smiley Huh Kiss
yes we r ready to pump this 200k  Cool

No need to pump. It will go itself.

Real support will come after press release, too much fake support right now, it could dip fast any minute.
Activity: 323

No need to pump. It will go itself.

Still early in Europe, he said tonight, patience!
hes in us ct timezone i believe
Activity: 188
Merit: 100

Still early in Europe, he said tonight, patience!
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Activity: 437
The coin Neutron have had trouble with synching. This is claimed to be becaused of code taken from this coin Positron. Here is tips to correct the code.

I originally added a parameter to the function to pass the block height, but later found it wasn't needed during my testing.

TRON hasn't had any syncing problems, we had a short fork during the POW phase but I resolved it with ocminer from Suprnova within a few minutes.

The more likely problem for your sync is the outgoing maxconnections variable in net.cpp. The defaults are really low and seednodes and pools should always increase them. Neutron's default outgoing connection # is only 16:

https://github.com/teamneutron/Neutron/blob/master/src/net.cpp#L28

The reason a lot of these high POS coins are having problems connecting or syncing is because so many wallets are staking now and demanding more node connections. That variable needs to be increased to like 1024 for your main seed nodes, then recompile.

Good luck.
Activity: 221
Merit: 102
The coin Neutron have had trouble with synching. This is claimed to be becaused of code taken from this coin Positron. Here is tips to correct the code.

I wonder if the new wallet has a higher version number and if it checks that nodes have the new wallet.

it doesn't check obviously.

and a lil easier advice to everybody: always delete peers.dat after you close the wallet.

that way next launch you'll feed it from seednode and not some shitnodes
Actually it does check. 

https://github.com/teamneutron/Neutron/blob/master/src/version.h#L39

The problem is that this dynamic staking code that came out of Tron is broken/not implemented correctly.  I am surprised Tron has not started having issues yet.

Check it out:
https://github.com/teamneutron/Neutron/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1036

Do you see the problem in that code?  It is checking the block height against pindexBest, which is a pointer to the tip of the chain.  But that varies as you sync.  If you get a bunch of other block inventory for your node to check, its always going to be trying to assign a reward based on what it thinks the tip of the chain is, not the relative height of a particular block.

i'm not into C at all, simply logically if it connects to any nodes any version
and even ignores connect=ip option, that means there is NO check actually,
i see constants in code, but behavior doesn't follow.
and btw, how many version already have the same protocol 60014
Actually thats completely and totally wrong.  The existing wallet respects connect= correctly.  The previous version was protocol version 60013 with a min required version of 209 as seen here: https://bitbucket.org/neutroncrypto/neutron/src/880cb18109884e1168e76a3d96fde8987a38c38e/src/version.h?at=master#cl-39.

The new seed/checkpointing/other nodes will disconnect anyone who is not on protocol 60014.

Can simply replace the dynamic award at a constant? This will solve the problem?
Don't need to do that, its one of the features of this coin that makes it attractive.  Just need to modify the reward methods to accept a height parameter and pass the (previous block index + 1) to it from checkblock etc.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I am humbled by all of the great investors and whales -- my apologies -- us noobs need to watch and learn
Hey, this twitt is nothing interesting. I don't know why you're posting it here, it's really boring twitt imho.
This is pretty noob twitt because real problem in crypto is ico.
must be his own twitter  Cheesy
Activity: 560
Hey, this twitt is nothing interesting. I don't know why you're posting it here, it's really boring twitt imho.
This is pretty noob twitt because real problem in crypto is ico.
Pages:
Jump to: