Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TRON] Positron Technologies - Upcoming Project Direction Change - page 96. (Read 324003 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
I need some feedback from the community.

Would you all prefer to see work-in-progress betas sooner, or wait longer to be presented the finished and 100% polished product?

I'd prefer to show more work in progress, thats why I ask. It helps me when users test and abuse things. Anon test will be released later today, and I'd like to start testing the social network sooner than the time announced on the website, and some of our trading tools.

Thanks!
<

I would like to see work in progress betas sooner because we can get a grasp of what you are working on , maybe give oppinion / advice etc.

OK, we will do so Smiley  Response here and in chats has been all for showing work sooner.

You really MUST involve the community fully in testing. This is one area where Darkcoin/Dash really shines as they have a very extensive test-net where hundreds of community members try new features and capabilities with large amount of tDash (i.e. test Dash that's of no value but distributed via test faucets to enable everyone involved in testing to get as much as they need to run the updates in as close to real-world conditions as possible). The rectification and optimisation of code happens way before new functions are released onto main-net (but even then problems get through). Without this the dramas and chaos can be overwhelming. It's part of the reason why Dash is as successful and has the market cap it does. Are you considering creating a test-net?

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote form the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.

I dont think its a good idea to vote on economics

In general, I agree. But if the percentage is changed, why not do it this way? It is going to be changed this way or another anyway, and, as the dev stated, in response to community. Every holder wants the best for their money. There only has to be some smart algorithm establishing a good balance between votes. Also, some brackets may be established.
Activity: 196

Would you all prefer to see work-in-progress betas sooner, or wait longer to be presented the finished and 100% polished product?

I'd prefer to show more work in progress, thats why I ask. It helps me when users test and abuse things. Anon test will be released later today, and I'd like to start testing the social network sooner than the time announced on the website, and some of our trading tools.

Thanks!
<

I would like to see work in progress betas sooner because we can get a grasp of what you are working on , maybe give oppinion / advice etc.

OK, we will do so Smiley  Response here and in chats has been all for showing work sooner.

You really MUST involve the community fully in testing. This is one area where Darkcoin/Dash really shines as they have a very extensive test-net where hundreds of community members try new features and capabilities with large amount of tDash (i.e. test Dash that's of no value but distributed via test faucets to enable everyone involved in testing to get as much as they need to run the updates in as close to real-world conditions as possible). The rectification and optimisation of code happens way before new functions are released onto main-net (but even then problems get through). Without this the dramas and chaos can be overwhelming. It's part of the reason why Dash is as successful and has the market cap it does. Are you considering creating a test-net?

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote form the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.

I dont think its a good idea to vote on economics
Activity: 128

Thanks!
<

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.

Long-time lurker here. This is my first post, although I have been in crypto for a long time. Got a lot of TRON as I believe it's promising. Missed the hyper-stake craze, oh well... Being responsive to the community is an excellent idea IMO. Why not create a voting system to establish the percentage of POS? Eg. only holders could vote from the wallet, and the amount held would influence the weight of the vote.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Any rough idea as what percentage we might be looking at? I've decided to sit this one out and havn't sold any yet. Good idea to reward longer term holders for sure!

Not yet, but if/when that switch happens, everyone will have a fair start and coin age will restart. It's not something I'm rushing to do, but I'm aware 9%/year is too much to last forever. It's likely I will push for the percent to decrease over time, but the decision will be voted on by the TRON holders.
Activity: 196

Thanks!
<

Yes, I am. The test net would come with the release of masternodes in the future. Also, the 9% POS is not final, I intend that to be modified with input from the community.  Perhaps lower it, but people who stake TRON longer after a set date will receive more %. Community testing is a big part of the TRON social network, and we will push out a beta version of this much sooner than the public release date on the website.
Good idea to reward longer term holders for sure! Any rough idea as to what percentage we might be looking at? I've decided to sit this one out and havn't sold any yet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Thanks!
<

Oh great. That sounds [Simpson's Mr Burns] Excellent! [/Simpson's Mr Burns]

Thanks!
<

Just registered "Positron Cryptocurrency Corporation" ...

Nice good to see professionalism and commitment. TRON is a slow coin project not your average pump and dump, its clear to see looking at market and the way dev handles the project!

Much profit to come to us early adopters!

rk

Yes, not looking for 300% this week, but something with massive and gradual growth, like the larger coins.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
First of all, great work!  Although I registered in october,  I thought it was about time now to do my first post Smiley
I've been lurking around alot but just wanted to say that I like the direction this is taking.

I agree that small progresses also are good to show. I think we could create a nice and constructive environment with good discussions along the way (although me myself might not contribute to the programming Wink).

Cheers
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Thanks!
<

Thanks!
<

OK, we will do so Smiley  Response here and in chats has been all for showing work sooner.
Activity: 238
What state is the LLC registered in?

It will be registered in Colorado after all the paperwork is done. Proof will be shown.
Seems to be all legit
If it's all work out well will go over dash value
Good job
Keep up the good work
Get to the top
Activity: 150

Thanks!

Thank you for your hard work. I'd really appreciate an OSX wallet to test. Already tried the initial release. Waiting patiently for your Mac guy to get it syncing.  Undecided

Built and syncing: https://mega.co.nz/#!NJIxHIbA!6ZSwTbmuDKeliUGuXhKpfxXy7wQEvdwlMS3Q-t8HdPM

Must have gotten lost in the forum. Proper news/blog site will come. Thanks for the support Smiley
Activity: 481

Thanks!
<

Activity: 245

Thanks!

Faster testing/updates are better IMO, even if its in unfinished beta.

Thanks!

Thank you for your hard work. I'd really appreciate an OSX wallet to test. Already tried the initial release. Waiting patiently for your Mac guy to get it syncing.  Undecided

Built and syncing: https://mega.co.nz/#!NJIxHIbA!6ZSwTbmuDKeliUGuXhKpfxXy7wQEvdwlMS3Q-t8HdPM

Must have gotten lost in the forum. Proper news/blog site will come. Thanks for the support Smiley
Activity: 150

Thanks!

What state is the LLC registered in?

It will be registered in Colorado after all the paperwork is done. Proof will be shown.

Thanks!
Activity: 351
has beta testing begun?
Pages:
Jump to: