Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ☯ UniversityCoin UVC ☯ [PoW+PoS] Only 20m | Launch TODAY + Giveaways! - page 2. (Read 35676 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I know it wasn't hardcoreminers because I tried to start connecting about 1 minute ahead of time and no go

this pool operators should be blocked from mining this coin again...

cheaters never prosper!
bbr
Activity: 290
And relaunch in 24 hours, exact time will be posted soon
Activity: 466
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

WAY TO WAIT A FUCKING HOUR BEFORE MAKING THIS DECISION.  TALK ABOUT A WASTE OF TIME AND HASH POWER...THIS COIN WILL GO NOWHERE.

Where We Went Wrong:
THE DEV RELEASED THE WALLET EARLY (OBVIOUSLY HASN'T BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU DONT TRUST ANYONE)

What We Have Learned:
THIS DEV IS A ROOKIE AND HAS NO CLUE WTF HE'S DOING.

+1
Activity: 440
Updates:

We are not here to make excuses. We screwed up, that's on us. More details regarding the specific pool that started early will be made public soon. We're working to get the relaunch up ASAP! All we ask is for your understanding.

You coin daemon started on block 51.  I watched someone mining from block 51 to 79ish or so.  Dedicated hit its first block at 5pm (+/- 15 seconds) and it was block 82 if I remember correctly.

Therefore someone mined from block 51 to 81 (30 blocks).  I saw the blocks being mined at least 2 minutes early.

However, 30 blocks being mined 2 mins before launch isn't going to kill a launch.  It is the difficulty of the coin that failed.  Let's stop shifting blame.

http://uc.dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
[email protected] / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

this is 100% true... 30 blocks would have done nothing to the coin itself. the devs are quite literally idiots.. yet another dev trying to release to pools first is a stupid move.. lesson learned is these devs are not worth mining for... next coin please
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Wallet password doesn't work.
Activity: 138
Block Validity Finder Time Difficulty Amount

2146   117 left   unknown   29/04 17:41:48   1.01   1,000.00   

That's over 10% of it gone in under an hour with the difficulty only being at 1 (share size ~65k)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Which pool mined early?
was in dedicated right at launch 17:00, and the block was 75 (my first transaction),
does that mean another pool mined 75 blocks before ?
show your evidence.
I think we can also blame the pool that mined early for the DDoS attacks also. Looks like I may need to get DDoS protection.  Angry

You didn't get DDoS'd.  You probably got DDoS'd by your own stratum because of the low difficulty of the coin.  It happens.  Been there, done that.

If I DoS'd myself, it was make that did it. Will upgrade my server and see what happens on the relaunch.

What ddos'ed you was your wallet or stratum trying to cope with the huge quantity of block coming in.
Those are not designed to handle 2000 blocks in 10 mn, it takes huge amount of computation.
We have, at coins4everyone ddos protection, and still experienced this ddos effect.
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
Activity: 466
Activity: 756

WAY TO WAIT A FUCKING HOUR BEFORE MAKING THIS DECISION.  TALK ABOUT A WASTE OF TIME AND HASH POWER...THIS COIN WILL GO NOWHERE.

Where We Went Wrong:
THE DEV RELEASED THE WALLET EARLY (OBVIOUSLY HASN'T BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU DONT TRUST ANYONE)

What We Have Learned:

Current update:

We are currently having multiple developers review our difficulty readjustment to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Please stand by for further notice.

We have also chosen 2 trusted pools that will be available for our relaunch. We will get in contact with them soon. As soon as the reviews are done, we will relaunch as soon as possible. Please stay tuned and thank you once again for your understanding. We are dedicated to achieving a fair launch and are very sorry for the bumps in the road.

Dev are so stupid, good luck!
Activity: 238
Current update:

We are currently having multiple developers review our difficulty readjustment to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Please stand by for further notice.

We have also chosen 2 trusted pools that will be available for our relaunch. We will get in contact with them soon. As soon as the reviews are done, we will relaunch as soon as possible. Please stay tuned and thank you once again for your understanding. We are dedicated to achieving a fair launch and are very sorry for the bumps in the road.

I SUPPORT DEDICATEDPOOL, never had issue with them
Activity: 93
Current update:

Can you give an estimate on how long it will take, so we know if we can sleep?
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
FINAL CONCLUSION/DECISION:

It has been revealed that there was actually no issues with our difficulty re-adjustment and we will be RELAUNCHING SOON! STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO. A CERTAIN POOL MINED EARLY AND WE HAVE PROOF.
how is this possible? Dedicated Pool has mined 1705 blocks. That would take over a day if diff was readjusting correctly. http://uc.dedicatedpool.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

That's probably the pool that launched early!  The pool I joined had only mined 3 blocks.

Dedicated launched at 5pm.  The server time may be a few seconds off, but it was 5pm.

And, diff readjustment as nothing to do with mining "early."  The problem is with the code of this coin.

As a test, I started my miner 2 mins before launch and DP was dead.

I believe there was some sort of "clustering" phenomena because the DP UVC pool appeared to be the only one working, therefore everyone gravitated towards your pool.

I have two different miner configurations, one was working perfectly the other has a lot of rejects.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
Current update:

Because of the stupid dev, cryptopool have close down there pools.

Thanks DEV!!!
Activity: 756
Where We Went Wrong:
Our difficulty re-adjustment experienced some issues, therefore, instamining occurred. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

What We Have Learned:
Certain pool operators CAN NOT BE TRUSTED.

We will relaunch with our difficulty re-adjustment FIXED and will only be sharing the source with a select few TRUSTED pool operators. Thank you all for your understanding.

Where We Went Wrong:

What We Have Learned:
Activity: 392
Like I said before.Scrypt is a wrong choice.You should make it X11+POS.Unless you are incapable of doing it.
Activity: 138
Updates:

We are not here to make excuses. We screwed up, that's on us. More details regarding the specific pool that started early will be made public soon. We're working to get the relaunch up ASAP! All we ask is for your understanding.

You coin daemon started on block 51.  I watched someone mining from block 51 to 79ish or so.  Dedicated hit its first block at 5pm (+/- 15 seconds) and it was block 82 if I remember correctly.

Therefore someone mined from block 51 to 81 (30 blocks).  I saw the blocks being mined at least 2 minutes early.

However, 30 blocks being mined 2 mins before launch isn't going to kill a launch.  It is the difficulty of the coin that failed.  Let's stop shifting blame.

http://uc.dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
[email protected] / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

This. I had plenty of time to solo mine even though I had to change some things in my config, and the share size to block at that point was only about 250. That never happens. The difficulty should've gone up much faster.
Pages:
Jump to: