Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 117. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
I'd be very happy to take a board without the capacitors removed if it ships sooner. Have SMD rework equipment and know how to use it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Sorry Guys (Megabigpower).  This is my emailed response on Shipping units for USA sales:

"
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We expect to begin shipping by the end of  2nd week in October but I do not have an exact date to give you. We do however expect our process to go fairly quickly and we will notify you when your order is ready to ship.

Best Regards,

Yvonne and the megabigpower.com sales team

Pffft!  I was hoping they'd mirror Putin's shipping schedule.  I sure hope my KNC order is delivered before then.  Sad

shit I wish they would shipem NOW NOW NOW!!!!! I wanna win a bitbet Gdamnit!!!!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Sorry Guys (Megabigpower).  This is my emailed response on Shipping units for USA sales:

"
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We expect to begin shipping by the end of  2nd week in October but I do not have an exact date to give you. We do however expect our process to go fairly quickly and we will notify you when your order is ready to ship.

Best Regards,

Pffft!  I was hoping they'd mirror Putin's shipping schedule.  I sure hope my KNC order is delivered before then.  Sad
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Best Regards,

"

Not too surprising. The mine isn't up to 100 TH yet. I wasn't expecting October shipments until the mine is at its full 200 TH.

Also we are mining at 77TH at this time - we should break 80TH today.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

"
Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Best Regards,

"

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
So how much have you guys earned in a week?  For me it has been about 0.50-ish with 25GHs on slush (a tad lower than ideal... I lost a day or so due to miner complications).

bitminter i see about 0.13-0.17 per day at 38.5 GHs on my starter kit

sounds almost too good to be true Cheesy

difficulty just jumped i to 148M i think, making predictions now in the 0.1-0.14 range per day
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So how much have you guys earned in a week?  For me it has been about 0.50-ish with 25GHs on slush (a tad lower than ideal... I lost a day or so due to miner complications).

what pool are you using currently?
oops,,it's slush ,, i am on bitminter but i got only .20 ish for 4 days now..

Are you 25GHs too?  I'm going to try EMC this week and compare.

I hit 1.0 on slush 2 weeks ago but not anymore.  I guess the new difficulty level is having an effect.

remember pool luck plays a big part, the past week slush has been unlucky.

also Hastrate is going up and earn down.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
So how much have you guys earned in a week?  For me it has been about 0.50-ish with 25GHs on slush (a tad lower than ideal... I lost a day or so due to miner complications).

sounds almost too good to be true Cheesy
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
So how much have you guys earned in a week?  For me it has been about 0.50-ish with 25GHs on slush (a tad lower than ideal... I lost a day or so due to miner complications).

I am not sure why my balance is so low..are you taking your future balance/number of days mined. Also, I set my difficulty to 32
did you to the software tuning or the hardware tuning?

i havent checked the recent total, but I have difficulty 16, 2 workers at bitminter, bitfury set tuning (no autotune), and pencil modification.

anyone pushed past 40 GHs on a bitfury card? When 'hot' (full operational temp/speed), I have a voltage of 0.808 per chip. When first powering on from 'cold' state, the voltage is about 0.790. It takes about 30min to reach 0.800. I have hashrate of 39 GHs and noncerate of 38GHs on average when 'hot' (full operational speed after 24hrs). Error rates are <3% on most chips, with 2 chips in the 4-6% range that i will likely tune from 55 to 54.

heat is not excessive at this point, with some heatsinks in use, but i wont be pushing my chips any harder until i know that the dc converter can handle more voltage (30A top limit, which i want to leave some headroom).
Activity: 102

I hit 1.0 on slush 2 weeks ago but not anymore.  I guess the new difficulty level is having an effect.

remember pool luck plays a big part, the past week slush has been unlucky.
Activity: 76
I requested a refund on two full kits. I will let u guys know how it goes.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

I am not sure why my balance is so low..are you taking your future balance/number of days mined. Also, I set my difficulty to 32
did you to the software tuning or the hardware tuning?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 111
yes, fluctuates btw 25-27ghz..so how many days have you been mining

I'm doing my average based on 1 week of mining
yes, fluctuates btw 25-27ghz..so how many days have you been mining
Activity: 111

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The latest from Punin:

Update:

snip

Shipping schedule:
We've been working our asses off this week to deliver on the promise of shipping first october orders this week. It was a bit of a stretch (because of the capacitor issue, see below), but we managed to ship the first few orders today. We will proceed to ship more next week.  

Please don't send e-mails asking when your order will ship. We are a small team and this just distracts us and creates extra work and thus DELAYS shipping.

Hardware:
We have encountered overheating issues with the capacitors placed in 4 groups of 8 between the chips on H-cards. This shouldn't affect any orders shipped in august. We have not had any serious issues apart that the caps run extremely hot (up to 250°C). This is clearly a malfunction and we're not sure what is causing this. There shouldn't be a risk of fire as these are ceramic capacitors, but we decided to try removing them. (They boards seem to actually work better without these caps Smiley

We've processed about 160 cards ourselves (this is the cause of not shipping earlier), and rest will be taken to a company that will remove the caps (3.50€ a card, OUCH!). Future boards will not have these caps.

H-card availability
As some of you have noticed, we closed the october sales. We did this so that we would be able to deliver everything as promised. We will however reopen H-card sales, after we're done shipping so you can top-up your empty slots. They will be available for immediate delivery.

Software:
Chainminer has been updated. You can update by SSH into your pi, then
Code:
cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
git pull
make clean
make

Then go onto web interface and stop-start your miner. We've had good results with this version even with autotuning on.

We encourage you to create a backup of your SD for easy fall back (it's a good idea to have one handy anyway, as SD cards are known to fail unexpectedly). You can of course recover old version also using git checkout.

We've been tuning bitfury fork of BFGMiner, and it seems to be working nicely. Mineforeman kindly offered to make us a test version of Minepeon with this, so hopefully sooner than later you will have a choice to run your miner on either platform.

Refund policy:
We have received some refunds and I want to clarify our refund policy. Refund in BTC is done using blockchain.info and using the price that it gives when refund is processed (I enter euro sum, and in shows number of BTC). Refund using bank transfer is also possible, but please understand it takes more time to process.

Dave: can we please get an update on your shipping schedule?

+2
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
Dave, please don't forget the DIY community https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3245016

Have we gotten any shipping update on the chips.  Sorry if this has been recently discussed.

No update as yet on chip shipment. I'm on it. Have sent Dave a few messages and waiting to hear back. Will let you know when i do.
Jump to: