Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 118. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
So how much have you guys earned in a week?  For me it has been about 0.50-ish with 25GHs on slush (a tad lower than ideal... I lost a day or so due to miner complications).
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
The latest from Punin:

Update:

snip

Shipping schedule:
We've been working our asses off this week to deliver on the promise of shipping first october orders this week. It was a bit of a stretch (because of the capacitor issue, see below), but we managed to ship the first few orders today. We will proceed to ship more next week.  

Please don't send e-mails asking when your order will ship. We are a small team and this just distracts us and creates extra work and thus DELAYS shipping.

Hardware:
We have encountered overheating issues with the capacitors placed in 4 groups of 8 between the chips on H-cards. This shouldn't affect any orders shipped in august. We have not had any serious issues apart that the caps run extremely hot (up to 250°C). This is clearly a malfunction and we're not sure what is causing this. There shouldn't be a risk of fire as these are ceramic capacitors, but we decided to try removing them. (They boards seem to actually work better without these caps Smiley

We've processed about 160 cards ourselves (this is the cause of not shipping earlier), and rest will be taken to a company that will remove the caps (3.50€ a card, OUCH!). Future boards will not have these caps.

H-card availability
As some of you have noticed, we closed the october sales. We did this so that we would be able to deliver everything as promised. We will however reopen H-card sales, after we're done shipping so you can top-up your empty slots. They will be available for immediate delivery.

Software:
Chainminer has been updated. You can update by SSH into your pi, then
Code:
cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
git pull
make clean
make

Then go onto web interface and stop-start your miner. We've had good results with this version even with autotuning on.

We encourage you to create a backup of your SD for easy fall back (it's a good idea to have one handy anyway, as SD cards are known to fail unexpectedly). You can of course recover old version also using git checkout.

We've been tuning bitfury fork of BFGMiner, and it seems to be working nicely. Mineforeman kindly offered to make us a test version of Minepeon with this, so hopefully sooner than later you will have a choice to run your miner on either platform.

Refund policy:
We have received some refunds and I want to clarify our refund policy. Refund in BTC is done using blockchain.info and using the price that it gives when refund is processed (I enter euro sum, and in shows number of BTC). Refund using bank transfer is also possible, but please understand it takes more time to process.

Dave: can we please get an update on your shipping schedule?

+1
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The latest from Punin:

Update:

snip

Shipping schedule:
We've been working our asses off this week to deliver on the promise of shipping first october orders this week. It was a bit of a stretch (because of the capacitor issue, see below), but we managed to ship the first few orders today. We will proceed to ship more next week.  

Please don't send e-mails asking when your order will ship. We are a small team and this just distracts us and creates extra work and thus DELAYS shipping.

Hardware:
We have encountered overheating issues with the capacitors placed in 4 groups of 8 between the chips on H-cards. This shouldn't affect any orders shipped in august. We have not had any serious issues apart that the caps run extremely hot (up to 250°C). This is clearly a malfunction and we're not sure what is causing this. There shouldn't be a risk of fire as these are ceramic capacitors, but we decided to try removing them. (They boards seem to actually work better without these caps Smiley

We've processed about 160 cards ourselves (this is the cause of not shipping earlier), and rest will be taken to a company that will remove the caps (3.50€ a card, OUCH!). Future boards will not have these caps.

H-card availability
As some of you have noticed, we closed the october sales. We did this so that we would be able to deliver everything as promised. We will however reopen H-card sales, after we're done shipping so you can top-up your empty slots. They will be available for immediate delivery.

Software:
Chainminer has been updated. You can update by SSH into your pi, then
Code:
cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
git pull
make clean
make

Then go onto web interface and stop-start your miner. We've had good results with this version even with autotuning on.

We encourage you to create a backup of your SD for easy fall back (it's a good idea to have one handy anyway, as SD cards are known to fail unexpectedly). You can of course recover old version also using git checkout.

We've been tuning bitfury fork of BFGMiner, and it seems to be working nicely. Mineforeman kindly offered to make us a test version of Minepeon with this, so hopefully sooner than later you will have a choice to run your miner on either platform.

Refund policy:
We have received some refunds and I want to clarify our refund policy. Refund in BTC is done using blockchain.info and using the price that it gives when refund is processed (I enter euro sum, and in shows number of BTC). Refund using bank transfer is also possible, but please understand it takes more time to process.

Dave: can we please get an update on your shipping schedule?
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I will be getting a powered USB hub and a Wi-Fi dongle for the RPi for internet access, as I do not have any free ethernet ports and I'm not permitted to have a switch.
I think you'd be better off with a gaming adapter (ethernet port to WiFi) than trying to get some random WiFi dongle to work.

I was thinking of this too.  Has anyone done a usb wireless adapter on a Rpi?

Yes I am mining with a starter kit via wireless.  No speed hit.  Used this guide and the micro wireless adapter on the same site.

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/setting-up-wifi-with-occidentalis
Activity: 336
I did put image on new card last night. Original SD was trashed and wont take an image. Then Pi died later. Spare pi came up on the newly imaged card fine. Have more SD on order now. Hope this is just an intermittent V1 m-board thing that can be cured with a V2.
If you want to get rid of SD card problems and have a spare computer at hand, you may want to outsource the root fs to NFS and make the card read-only (i.e. only use for booting). Using a SD card as a root fs invites for problems.

To do this you have to export the root fs image on the NFS server and add something like this to the cmdline.txt on the boot partition of the SD card:
Code:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.168.1.3:/var/lib/tftpboot/raspberry/192.168.1.249 rootfstype=nfs ip=192.168.1.249:192.168.1.3:192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0:raspberry249:eth0:off:192.168.1.1

Thanks Jutarul, I will put this in my notebook. Things to tinker with on a rainy day. I tell myself I dont have time to do this now but if I have another SD card fiasco I will be wishing I had done it now instead of later.

Regards,

donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I did put image on new card last night. Original SD was trashed and wont take an image. Then Pi died later. Spare pi came up on the newly imaged card fine. Have more SD on order now. Hope this is just an intermittent V1 m-board thing that can be cured with a V2.
If you want to get rid of SD card problems and have a spare computer at hand, you may want to outsource the root fs to NFS and make the card read-only (i.e. only use for booting). Using a SD card as a root fs invites for problems.

To do this you have to export the root fs image on the NFS server and add something like this to the cmdline.txt on the boot partition of the SD card:
Code:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.168.1.3:/var/lib/tftpboot/raspberry/192.168.1.249 rootfstype=nfs ip=192.168.1.249:192.168.1.3:192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0:raspberry249:eth0:off:192.168.1.1
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I find bitminter blocks found are lot less than slush.
I've been on Slush' pool from the day I turned my bitfury on. No problems with the pool. I did lose an SD card last night. Re imaged another, 6hrs later rpi dead. Wont turn on with wall wart or on the M-board. I have a spare I'm on now. No mods, bitfury does 25-27 GH/s out of the package. Anyone else loose a PI?  I'm searching treads now for a support e-mail address. I'm trying not to pm Dave about this. Anyone got a support e-mail?

I have an m-board here that ate two of them.  Killed one dead, like yours.  The second will light up the red LED if connected to a wall-wart, but that's it.  

Fortunately I had a third RasPi I was using with some BEs that I was able to use on the BFs with a spare m-board.  Emailed about it, but haven't heard a thing.  

Guess I better get another on the way in case they dont send one. I'm fairly certain Dave will take care of it, just a matter of when.

Thanks for the info.

I would suggest trying a new memory card.  I had two rPI fail.  Re-imaging the cards didn't work, but image on a new card has me back up and running

/cet

cet
Activity: 100
I've been on Slush' pool from the day I turned my bitfury on. No problems with the pool. I did lose an SD card last night. Re imaged another, 6hrs later rpi dead. Wont turn on with wall wart or on the M-board. I have a spare I'm on now. No mods, bitfury does 25-27 GH/s out of the package. Anyone else loose a PI?  I'm searching treads now for a support e-mail address. I'm trying not to pm Dave about this. Anyone got a support e-mail?

I have an m-board here that ate two of them.  Killed one dead, like yours.  The second will light up the red LED if connected to a wall-wart, but that's it.  

Fortunately I had a third RasPi I was using with some BEs that I was able to use on the BFs with a spare m-board.  Emailed about it, but haven't heard a thing.  

Guess I better get another on the way in case they dont send one. I'm fairly certain Dave will take care of it, just a matter of when.

Thanks for the info.

I would suggest trying a new memory card.  I had two rPI fail.  Re-imaging the cards didn't work, but image on a new card has me back up and running

/cet

Thanks for the info.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Fortunately I had a third RasPi I was using with some BEs that I was able to use on the BFs with my spare m-board.  Emailed about it, but haven't heard a thing.  

Thanks

https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=information/contact

Thanks!!!
anyone using slush pool?

Yes.  No problems at all...

how? I created 3 workers at difficulty 16, couldnt get past 8ghash. 2 workers was no better

Slush went to vardiff or autodiff (whatever you want to call it.) You cant select worker diff now, just join the pool. When I first put the bitfury on it would only show up on Slush as 4GH/s
I switched the worker diff to 1 and it reported right on up to 27GH/s.

The reason I did was, when I put my blades on slush they reported very low as well. I use the stratum proxy for the blades so I could see the share diff there. When I switched the blades to diff 1 I noticed in the stratum proxy it was auto adjusting. I cant remember where they got to but it was nowhere near 1.

At any rate, you dont have the diff choice on Slush anymore. Just point to it and give maybe 20 min or so.

Regards,
Activity: 576
Merit: 500

Thanks

https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=information/contact
I've been on Slush' pool from the day I turned my bitfury on. No problems with the pool. I did lose an SD card last night. Re imaged another, 6hrs later rpi dead. Wont turn on with wall wart or on the M-board. I have a spare I'm on now. No mods, bitfury does 25-27 GH/s out of the package. Anyone else loose a PI?  I'm searching threads now for a support e-mail address. I'm trying not to pm Dave about this. Anyone got a support e-mail?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
anyone using slush pool?

Yes.  No problems at all...

how? I created 3 workers at difficulty 16, couldnt get past 8ghash. 2 workers was no better
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
anyone using slush pool?

Yes.  No problems at all...
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
^thanks for the link

oh, and 38 Ghash/s   Grin
Activity: 106
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
anyone using slush pool?

general consensus is that slush's pool cannot handle bitfury devices. (dont know why, but noone seems able to do better than 30% of their optimal hashrate)

its suggested to avoid btcguild due to thier massive network percentage. bitminter is a good site, and mines namecoins as well
Jump to: