Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 26. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I honestly have no idea what you're saying.  I'll just keep mining BTC and buying more gear.  And when I've had enough, I'll sell my ASICs for even more profit.  But thanks for trying!   Cool
Super,
Good luck!
Let us hope that you have no idea what i am talking about because my English is not native, not because you are refusing to understand what is all about.

Best

A bit of both, I guess.  Wink

Just curious... why do people like you feel the need to post this "you'll never ROI" nonsense in the Custom Hardware forum when there's a whole section devoted to Mining Speculation.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Also, Antminers are not currently for sale from stock.  And wasn't the 2.65BTC price just an introductory offer from the new BitMain website and limited to only the first 30 units sold?

No, first 30 units were priced at 2.40.

At current price and BTC/USD ratio, a full rig will not break-even.

spiccioli

Why do people always insist on offering that same piece of "advice" over and over again?

If I had heeded that advice I wouldn't currently have 2THs of mining gear with another 4THs+ preordered mining gear.  All of this has been paid for (with the exception of the first 200GHs or so) from the BTC I mined.  And I still have approximately $20,000 worth of BTC left in my wallet.

And no, I wouldn't have even more if I had bought and held BTC instead.  I tried doing that and I failed miserably.  Like most people, I panicked at the first dip and lost a good chunk of my modest investment, lol.  "Buy and hold" isn't in my nature.  I'm a miner and proud!
Me too, but this is not changing current statement. My point of view is if i spent x BTC for minig gear i should be able to make x+y btc in near feature. In current situation it turns out that you will be making x-Y btc and Y will be about half of the X btc invested. Near feature means infinity! Are you getting the idea now?

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.  I'll just keep mining BTC and buying more gear.  And when I've had enough, I'll sell my ASICs for even more profit.  But thanks for trying!   Cool
Super,
Good luck!
Let us hope that you have no idea what i am talking about because my English is not native, not because you are refusing to understand what is all about.

Best
Glow Stick Dance!

Also, Antminers are not currently for sale from stock.  And wasn't the 2.65BTC price just an introductory offer from the new BitMain website and limited to only the first 30 units sold?

spiccioli

Why do people always insist on offering that same piece of "advice" over and over again?

If I had heeded that advice I wouldn't currently have 2THs of mining gear with another 4THs+ preordered mining gear.  All of this has been paid for (with the exception of the first 200GHs or so) from the BTC I mined.  And I still have approximately $20,000 worth of BTC left in my wallet.

And no, I wouldn't have even more if I had bought and held BTC instead.  I tried doing that and I failed miserably.  Like most people, I panicked at the first dip and lost a good chunk of my modest investment, lol.  "Buy and hold" isn't in my nature.  I'm a miner and proud!
Me too, but this is not changing current statement. My point of view is if i spent x BTC for minig gear i should be able to make x+y btc in near feature. In current situation it turns out that you will be making x-Y btc and Y will be about half of the X btc invested. Near feature means infinity! Are you getting the idea now?

I honestly have no idea what you're saying.  I'll just keep mining BTC and buying more gear.  And when I've had enough, I'll sell my ASICs for even more profit.  But thanks for trying!   Cool
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

spiccioli

Glow Stick Dance!

Also, Antminers are not currently for sale from stock.  And wasn't the 2.65BTC price just an introductory offer from the new BitMain website and limited to only the first 30 units sold?

spiccioli

If I had heeded that advice I wouldn't currently have 2THs of mining gear with another 4THs+ preordered mining gear.  All of this has been paid for (with the exception of the first 200GHs or so) from the BTC I mined.  And I still have approximately $20,000 worth of BTC left in my wallet.

And no, I wouldn't have even more if I had bought and held BTC instead.  I tried doing that and I failed miserably.  Like most people, I panicked at the first dip and lost a good chunk of my modest investment, lol.  "Buy and hold" isn't in my nature.  I'm a miner and proud!
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
0.47BTC H-Card, time to buy Cheesy

This...the price drop is appreciated.  Cheaper (by about a third) than AntMiner, and more power-efficient. 

Please explain how you arrive at this conclusion.  Bitfury 200GH set is $3200 = 3.9BTC at current coinbase $822/btc

Antminer 180GH is 3BTC

Both shipping now.  How is bitfury 1/3 cheaper than antminer? 

Bitfury is more power efficient - that is understood, but i dont understand why you think bitfury is 1/3 cheaper.

Four H-boards will do 140 GH/s with mild overclocking (the two I already have are doing 70).  I paid about BTC1.87 yesterday for them.  Five (for 175 GH/s) would've been about BTC2.34. "1/3 cheaper" may have been a little bit of an overstatement, but Bitfury hardware is now cheaper.  Until recently, it wasn't; that's why I also have an AntMiner.  I'll build out my mine with whatever will give me the most bang for the buck for what I have available to spend.

One other thing I noticed: the 4-, 8-, and 16-board kits appear to now be shipping with M-boards at no additional cost (though without the Raspberry Pi and SD card).  That's a nice change from when I bought my kit, where the M-board (and RPi and SD card) added $800 to the cost.  Allowing $40 for a RPi and $10 for an SD card, there's no way there's $750 worth of parts in an M-board.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C

This...the price drop is appreciated.  Cheaper (by about a third) than AntMiner, and more power-efficient. 

you still running bfgminer?

Yes.  I've pulled updates a few times since first setting it up; it says it's now at 3.8.1.  It also has a Klondike K16 slaved off it in addition to a couple of Jalapeños.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore

Also, Antminers are not currently for sale from stock.  And wasn't the 2.65BTC price just an introductory offer from the new BitMain website and limited to only the first 30 units sold?

spiccioli
Glow Stick Dance!
Some advice for the new Bitfury virgins...

- always power-off your rigs by "sudo shutdown now -h".  I haven't had a corrupted SD card since I started doing this.

- buy extra high-quality 8GB SD cards and pre-burn backup card images... just to be safe.  I had terrible luck with the cheap-ass 4GB SD cards that MBP use to supply with their rigs.

- get an extra rPi.  I had two die.  They're absolute crap!

- buy 2 half rigs (or even 4 quarter rigs) instead of 1 full rig... for two reasons. One, it's nearly impossible to get a 16 board rig to run stable.  Two, you'll want to have an extra M board (or two) on hand.

- keep your rigs cool and well ventilated.  Some guys use a bunch of heat sinks.  I just use 120mm or 140mm PC fans and cool the boards push-pull style.

- H boards need to be stabilized in some way or else they drop offline or cause errors if they wiggle or vibrate.  Some stick packing peanuts between the boards.  I run two strips of electrical tape across the top of the boards.  Spotswood's custom cases also have stabilizing devices included.  I have one but haven't assembled it yet, lol.

- stay away from cheap and/or under-powered PSUs.  With PSUs, you really do get what you pay for.
Glow Stick Dance!

This...the price drop is appreciated.  Cheaper (by about a third) than AntMiner, and more power-efficient.  

Please explain how you arrive at this conclusion.  Bitfury 200GH set is $3200 = 3.9BTC at current coinbase $822/btc

Antminer 180GH is 3BTC

Both shipping now.  How is bitfury 1/3 cheaper than antminer?  

Bitfury is more power efficient - that is understood, but i dont understand why you think bitfury is 1/3 cheaper.

New price is actually 2.65

it says $3200 for 200GH, am i not looking at the correct website?

http://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

A Bitfury 200GHs kit easily does 240GHs without doing any overclocking of your own... the cards come out of the box doing 30GHs+.

Why does Crypsty kick it's customers out of the site several times a day?

Wow, this couldn't be more off-topic!  Lol.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
thanks for the info

Anyone know how i can contact Dave? other than email?

Is he on freenode?
Activity: 681
where are the products being shipped from? I know Dave is located in NewYork IIRC

Silvana, WA
legendary
Activity: 1593
Washington state.
where are the products being shipped from? I know Dave is located in NewYork IIRC

which store did you order from for US customers?

Mega or bigfurystrikes?

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I have had mine going at 620 stable for weeks now. The cards are good they just need some attention to get them happy.
Do BitFury rigs overclock well? Is it reasonable to expect 500 GH? Are they reliable? I read a good number of horror stories on this thread from folks who had a lot of trouble getting all 16 boards to work correctly due to board wobble and poor connections. Does the SD card still get corrupted when the machine is powered off?

Yes, yes (510-515), and yes.

To prevent wobble order a really nice case from spotswood: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fs-all-aluminum-open-air-case-for-bitfury-miners-267713

The newer kits have the v3 m-board with newer chain miner software, which includes a proper shutdown button on the web interface. Otherwise ssh into the device and issue a 'sudo halt' to cleanly shutdown the RPi. No corruption.

I have 13 out of 16 possible boards and I'm running 450 Gh/s.  V1 H boards, V2 M board
Ordered an 8 board miner yesterday and it's being delivered tomorrow.  That's how the world is suppose to work!

I have a rig with 13 "pencil-modded" v1 cards doing 510GH at the pool.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Do BitFury rigs overclock well? Is it reasonable to expect 500 GH? Are they reliable? I read a good number of horror stories on this thread from folks who had a lot of trouble getting all 16 boards to work correctly due to board wobble and poor connections. Does the SD card still get corrupted when the machine is powered off?

To prevent wobble order a really nice case from spotswood: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fs-all-aluminum-open-air-case-for-bitfury-miners-267713

The newer kits have the v3 m-board with newer chain miner software, which includes a proper shutdown button on the web interface. Otherwise ssh into the device and issue a 'sudo halt' to cleanly shutdown the RPi. No corruption.

I have 13 out of 16 possible boards and I'm running 450 Gh/s.  V1 H boards, V2 M board
Ordered an 8 board miner yesterday and it's being delivered tomorrow.  That's how the world is suppose to work!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: