Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 59. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hello, everyone!  Random lurker here.  I went ahead and signed up for the board to let the rest of the lurkers know that if anyone who has paid has not yet received notice that their rig was shipped, you may want to contact MBP sales.  I grabbed one of the last rigs, order #10xx and was told that it should have shipped already.

Beyond that, anyone know how to sign up for ghash.io?  The old link to cex.io seems to have disappeared and regular signup page there looks like it is for investors, not bitfury miners.  

Edit:  Scratch that ghash.io question, it looks like something fishy is going on.  I'll look into some of the other pools mentioned earlier that play nice with the difficulty.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Whats going on with the total lack of new stock? I agreed to the 2.25BTC of store credit option for my august kit, and have not yet had any opportunity to use it for more hardware
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
So I ordered https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

and finally received it in the mail to find that it's missing 2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable

I literally made a mess tearing up that box trying to find them. I contacted customer support and they told me that there was nothing they can do for me. I have NO reason to "scam" them out of some cables. I ordered a starter kit WITH cables. I can't help that they didn't ship me what they advertised. I just want my cables or a partial refund for the cost of acquiring new cables.

What do I do next? If I paid with credit card, we would already be in disputes, but since I paid with Bitcoin... I have to post drama here. *sigh*

your board should use PCI-e power connectors, the ring connectors were phased out after august
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
My heatsinks took less time to arrive than I anticipated...w00t!

I've seen heatsinks applied to the backs of boards over the thermal vias.  I've seen heatsinks applied to the tops of the ASICs.  Which would be better?  Likewise with the voltage regulator, except that placement is likely to be tricky in any case, but which placement is more effective: on the chip or on the thermal vias underneath?

I started out applying heatsink to front of chip, But after goxed educated me...its actually better to put it on back of the chip (on the pcb board).  I noticed 2gh/s difference.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
So I ordered https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

and finally received it in the mail to find that it's missing 2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable

I literally made a mess tearing up that box trying to find them. I contacted customer support and they told me that there was nothing they can do for me. I have NO reason to "scam" them out of some cables. I ordered a starter kit WITH cables. I can't help that they didn't ship me what they advertised. I just want my cables or a partial refund for the cost of acquiring new cables.

What do I do next? If I paid with credit card, we would already be in disputes, but since I paid with Bitcoin... I have to post drama here. *sigh*
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
My heatsinks took less time to arrive than I anticipated...w00t!

I've seen heatsinks applied to the backs of boards over the thermal vias.  I've seen heatsinks applied to the tops of the ASICs.  Which would be better?  Likewise with the voltage regulator, except that placement is likely to be tricky in any case, but which placement is more effective: on the chip or on the thermal vias underneath?
I've put up an SD-card image
This image support v1 M-Board ?

I don't know...probably not.  I have a v3 M-board and two v2.2 H-boards.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
I've put up an SD-card image with bfgminer (patched to run the Bitfury ASICs at speed 52) and support for the Coldtears USB LCD.  It also is set to use DHCP to grab an IP address instead of whatever weirdness was used to put it on x.x.x.249.  Get it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Sums:

• MD5: d6be21c235570ed133c38cd101621b82
  • SHA256: 6e2afe48bcba7f6e049547bdfb7b1662752a110a1ef12e36a453745feda974fb

This image support v1 M-Board ?
Could you post your script to start bfgminer on boot (hopefully inside screen) I couldn't get it working in rc.local, although I admit not trying that hard.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sudo modprobe i2c_bcm2708
sudo modprobe spi_bcm2708
screen -dmS bfgminer sudo bfgminer --config ~/bfgminer.conf -S bfsb:auto
sudo python waiting.py
sleep 30
nohup sudo python bfgmonitor.py 2>&1 >/dev/null &

This is saved as ~pi/start-miner.sh.  If you don't have a display plugged in, you can leave out the last three lines.  The tail end of /etc/rc.local is then edited to look something like this:

Code:
#/opt/bitfury/start-stratumproxy.sh
#/opt/bitfury/start-miner.sh
nohup su - pi -c /home/pi/start-miner.sh &
exit 0

If I could get device permissions sorted out so that bfgminer and the display scripts didn't have to run as root, that would be nice.  I have this udev rule in a file in /etc/udev/rules.d for my BFL miners:

Code:
ATTRS(idVendor)=="0403", ATTRS(idProduct)=="6014", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"

Even though pi is a member of the plugdev group, it still can't talk to the BFL miners...and that does nothing for the Bitfury hardware, which uses RPi GPIO for communication.
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Well not only that...you are looking at possible power and performance issues when using multiple risers.

Eh...  certainly not power issues.  The board's design is completely overkill for power.  It uses the entire first section of the PCI-E 1x connector for power.  For comparison, many GPU miners here are drawing 35-40 watts through 1x risers, and there are only two pins for 12v (three if you count the presence pin).  The H-cards use 11 pins for less than 40 watts.  Voltage drop will hardly budge with only ~3 amps spread over 11 conductors.

Performance is an entirely different issue though.  I have no idea what frequency is being used for SPI, and either way, signal noise is an issue.
Activity: 924
Is it possible to use 1x-1x risers on these cards? I feel like they might be easier to cool if i could get them off the M-board

I would advise against it, as it may lead to cross-talk and potentially much higher error rates

Do not attempt this without carefully looking at the pinout of the risers.  I made this mistake and was fortunate enough to not damage anything since my PSU has superb short/overcurrent protection.  The PCB on most 1x risers joins some of the pins together.  For the m-boards, this shorts 12v and ground.   Shocked

If you have risers that have a perfect 1:1 pinout on each side, you'll be fine.  However, like klondike_bar said, you'll have huge noise issues unless you cut and separate (or and/or shield) the 8 SPI wires.  I already did this once with a ribbon cable on a v1 board and the noise dropped a card's hashrate from 31GH to 22GH.  It's not reliable without shielding/separation.

Well not only that...you are looking at possible power and performance issues when using multiple risers.
Also, don't assume that a riser won't short things. I haven't checked, but the PCIe spec might have many ground pins between the data pins, and a riser just might connect those all together. Since these boards don't follow PCIe spec, you might end up shorting power or worse.

You beat me to it.   Tongue
Is it possible to use 1x-1x risers on these cards? I feel like they might be easier to cool if i could get them off the M-board

I would advise against it, as it may lead to cross-talk and potentially much higher error rates

Do not attempt this without carefully looking at the pinout of the risers.  I made this mistake and was fortunate enough to not damage anything since my PSU has superb short/overcurrent protection.  The PCB on most 1x risers joins some of the pins together.  For the m-boards, this shorts 12v and ground.   Shocked

If you have risers that have a perfect 1:1 pinout on each side, you'll be fine.  However, like klondike_bar said, you'll have huge noise issues unless you cut and separate (or and/or shield) the 8 SPI wires.  I already did this once with a ribbon cable on a v1 board and the noise dropped a card's hashrate from 31GH to 22GH.  It's not reliable without shielding/separation.
Activity: 681

Also, don't assume that a riser won't short things. I haven't checked, but the PCIe spec might have many ground pins between the data pins, and a riser just might connect those all together. Since these boards don't follow PCIe spec, you might end up shorting power or worse.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
I've put up an SD-card image with bfgminer (patched to run the Bitfury ASICs at speed 52) and support for the Coldtears USB LCD.  It also is set to use DHCP to grab an IP address instead of whatever weirdness was used to put it on x.x.x.249.  Get it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Sums:

Once it's downloaded, write it to a 4GB or larger card with something like this (change the destination device as appropriate):

Code:
xzcat bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz | dd if=- of=/dev/sdg bs=512

If you have a USB SD-card reader, a second card, and enough free space on your existing card, you can even download and unpack this image on your miner's RPi...could be useful if you don't have another Linux box on hand:

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz
xzcat bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz | dd if=- of=/dev/sda bs=512

Passwords are the same as the original image: the root password is root, the password for pi is raspberry.  I left the bfgminer source tree (pulled from GitHub) in ~pi/bfgminer.  bfgminer and bfgmonitor.py (for the LCD) are started on boot.  Make sure you edit ~pi/bfgminer.conf to put in your pool credentials, unless you want me to get your mining output! Grin

Could you post your script to start bfgminer on boot (hopefully inside screen) I couldn't get it working in rc.local, although I admit not trying that hard.
I've put up an SD-card image with bfgminer (patched to run the Bitfury ASICs at speed 52) and support for the Coldtears USB LCD.  It also is set to use DHCP to grab an IP address instead of whatever weirdness was used to put it on x.x.x.249.  Get it here:

Sums:

Once it's downloaded, write it to a 4GB or larger card with something like this (change the destination device as appropriate):

Code:
xzcat bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz | dd if=- of=/dev/sdg bs=512

If you have a USB SD-card reader, a second card, and enough free space on your existing card, you can even download and unpack this image on your miner's RPi...could be useful if you don't have another Linux box on hand:

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz
xzcat bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz | dd if=- of=/dev/sda bs=512

Passwords are the same as the original image: the root password is root, the password for pi is raspberry.  I left the bfgminer source tree (pulled from GitHub) in ~pi/bfgminer.  bfgminer and bfgmonitor.py (for the LCD) are started on boot.  Make sure you edit ~pi/bfgminer.conf to put in your pool credentials, unless you want me to get your mining output! Grin
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Is anyone besides me worried that they may not make any more H boards for the v1-2 MBs? Huh
I can tell you they do have v1.2 cards in stock.  They are not selling them at the moment, but you can get replacements.  So they have some.  I do agree though that they may be a low priority for new production.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
Also, I believe Punin is selling them on the bitfury strikes back web site.

I now have almost all of my cards working properly. Its been a major pain in the ass to do so though. I've spend hours individually heatsinking each H-board and I had to get a lot of high CFM fans to make it work. I also noticed some pools don't show the true hashrate properly.

I'm looking forward to see what kind of hardware mods are chosen to get the most juice out of these.
24 hours stable now, but my house is freezing! Good news is the oil immersion cooling is almost done, going to have the radiator outside, we'll see how fast these babies can go when their below freezing.
I'd love to see some pictures of that!

I'll post some pics of my rigs once I get everything to 100%

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
Since the design files for the V1 H-cards are now open, I suppose anyone could start making them.  I believe goxed is researching exactly that.

But yes, it would be nice to be able to populate empty slots easily if you bought a starter kit.
Pages:
Jump to: