Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 56. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
which just goes to show that chainminer needs a failover mode.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Last night my bitfury rig stopped mining on us1.ghash.io:3333  Specifically only my worker1 account.

Turns out my worker1 no longer mines on us1.ghash.io:3333.

it mines on 2 other pools ....too bad i had to re-image and try messing with h-cards first...  I've double, triple checked, something is wrong with my worker being stuck on us1.ghash.io pool

12 hrs wasted time.

**edit**

it mines on nl1.ghash.io:3334

I figured I should post this so you guys don't lose a lot of downtime.

Same thing for me greaterninja, it happened right after they had an outage last night. I sent them a support ticket about it I am pretty sure its on their end since I have 3 different miners that will not connect to it.
legendary
i haven't heard anybody talk about bad slots.

for instance, i have an m board where slots 1 & 3 in bank 1 appear to be dead.  i've swapped multiple good h boards that previously were hashing @ 32-36 into these slots and they won't even boot up beyond 0.  how do you deal with that?

another weird thing is, given those facts, why does Xian's strategy of swapping good cards to the front of the m board even work?  does anyone understand the organizational structure of how voltage flows thru the 4 banks and 16 slots?  Dave insinuated the concept of a bank doesn't apply for newer boards (v3 m boards) here:

"Don't pay attention to the Bank 1, Bank 2, etc.  Those line up for V2 M-boards.  The numbers of the slots do line up as 1-16 map to 1 - 9, A - F.  There, you can see the output of each H-card."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/us-bitfury-setup-guide-288109
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Last night my bitfury rig stopped mining on us1.ghash.io:3333  Specifically only my worker1 account.

Turns out my worker1 no longer mines on us1.ghash.io:3333.

it mines on 2 other pools ....too bad i had to re-image and try messing with h-cards first...  I've double, triple checked, something is wrong with my worker being stuck on us1.ghash.io pool

12 hrs wasted time.

**edit**

it mines on nl1.ghash.io:3334

I figured I should post this so you guys don't lose a lot of downtime.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Has anyone had success contacting sales re: RMA's ? Have been waiting on a response for an RMA on 3 bad h-cards Sad

RMA issues aside, these rigs are beasts once they are configured and placed in an environment with proper cooling ! The one full rig I have up and running has settled around 535 GHs !

what did you do to get them going at that speed?

anyone have a recommendation for a voltmeter?

The thins I have noticed are this, You need to keep the Cards stable while being cooled. The Heatsinks on the back of the regulator covering as much of the exposed silver looking part really helps, and then just a good amount of air flow across them. Also I just have them all set to Auto because over a few hours time they settle at much better Speed than when adjusting them manually even with the dead chips.

I have been stable at 585+ and have 1 Card with 3 dead chips on it.

legendary
why did you need the voltmeter then?

Used it to troubleshoot and identify the 3 h-cards I requested an RMA for. Took a voltmeter to all the cards in the second rig while testing 16 cards one-by-one.

Also used the voltmeter to tune a couple Erupter Blades I have a while back.

Seems like a good geek tool to have in any respectable tool-bag either way.

good info.  already seeing some results from your card rotation strategy. 

any pics as to exactly where you put your probe tips?  there must be a link somewhere.  also how do you reach into the middle slots to measure?  doesn't seem like enough room.
legendary
*Facepalm*  Someone please tell me they have a copy of the Vanilla V3 image, or that one of the older ones works?  I was shipped a blank SD card.

And, yes, I did have the sense to plug it into a PC to try to back it up prior to inserting it in the Pi.

Edit:  Bah, V2 won't fit on the card and GandalfG's image, while booted, isn't generating any hashes.  I don't know if it's my rig or not, yet.

Login with ssh and check what chainminer is doing:
Code:
sudo screen -r | grep -m1 Detached | cut -b2-7

i tried that command and got back a 4377..

what does that mean?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
  Used it to troubleshoot and identify the 3 h-cards I requested an RMA for. Took a voltmeter to all the cards in the second rig while testing 16 cards one-by-one.

^yup, +1

voltmeter is great for almost any sort of electronics troubleshooting - its the essential first aid kit for electrical issues, along with electrical tape
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Now that I got BFG running, I went through the voltages and adjusted them.  The ones in the back ran away up to .88 and I trimmed them back down to .85-.87.  I adjusted the ones in bank 0 up to .86.  Bank 1 is at .83-.835.  Bank 2 is at about .86.  All cards are heatsinked on the diffusion plate on the back with special attention paid to the regulator.  The cards are running between 90F and 110F.  The entire setup is pulling 396 W from the wall.  It seems to be chugging along, although I am wondering "Where's the beef?"  That and the errors...

Code:
bfgminer version 3.5.1 - Started: [2013-11-16 08:46:54] - [  0 days 00:06:41]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options  [H]elp [Q]uit
 Connected to mint.bitminter.com diff 512 with stratum as user [removed]_[#]
 Block: ...6dc9b988 #269964  Diff:511M ( 3.66Ph/s)  Started: [08:46:53]
 ST:32  F:0  NB:1  AS:0  BW:[ 60/ 22 B/s]  E:1869.49  I:13.30mBTC/hr  BS:58.6k
 4/256        | 429.1/426.1/399.3Gh/s | A:59 R:0+0(none) HW:2539/4.5%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 BSB 0:       | 121.5/120.6/116.1Gh/s | A:17 R:0+0(none) HW: 582/4.4%
 BSB 1:       | 100.9/102.1/87.90Gh/s | A:13 R:0+0(none) HW:1238/8.3%
 BSB 2:       | 107.1/105.5/102.1Gh/s | A:12 R:0+0(none) HW: 348/2.9%
 BSB 3:       | 101.8/100.3/95.38Gh/s | A:17 R:0+0(none) HW: 378/2.5%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [2013-11-16 08:53:22] BSB 0cc: 8 of the last 10 results were bad, reinitialisin
g
 [2013-11-16 08:53:25] BSB 3bb: 8 of the last 14 results were bad, reinitialisin
g
 [2013-11-16 08:53:27] BSB 1bp: 8 of the last 19 results were bad, reinitialisin
g
 [2013-11-16 08:53:31] BSB 0bh: 8 of the last 25 results were bad, reinitialisin
g
 [2013-11-16 08:53:34] BSB 1bv: 8 of the last 8 results were bad, reinitialising

[2013-11-16 08:53:35] BSB 1ah: 8 of the last 20 results were bad, reinitialisin
g
legendary

Played a game of "musical h-cards" where I ran the rig for about 5 minutes, took note of which cards were faster than others, shutdown, moved the faster cards to the front, and slower cards to the back, restart, etc.

Also, FANS FANS FANS ! Lots of airflow ! These guys really need to stay cool and ventilated.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EK3NRS/ is what I'm using to tune my gear.

nice job.  i think i can do that.

check the voltage on the cards when running to determine how to best tune the trimpot.
0.78V is about as low as you should go, even without heatsinks
0.8-0.83V is good if you have reasonable airflow and no heatsinks
0.84-0.88V is good if you have reasonable airflow AND heatsinks
0.9V-0.95V if you have LOTS of airflow and heatsinks. might be hard to get this high if you have more than 8 cards in the rig due to the close proximity of eachother's heat

is there a pic showing the exact placement required of the probes during measurement?  so you measure while it's powered up?  how do you get to the boards in the middle like slot 9?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Played a game of "musical h-cards" where I ran the rig for about 5 minutes, took note of which cards were faster than others, shutdown, moved the faster cards to the front, and slower cards to the back, restart, etc.

Also, FANS FANS FANS ! Lots of airflow ! These guys really need to stay cool and ventilated.

check the voltage on the cards when running to determine how to best tune the trimpot.
0.78V is about as low as you should go, even without heatsinks
0.8-0.83V is good if you have reasonable airflow and no heatsinks
0.84-0.88V is good if you have reasonable airflow AND heatsinks
0.9V-0.95V if you have LOTS of airflow and heatsinks. might be hard to get this high if you have more than 8 cards in the rig due to the close proximity of eachother's heat
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Has anyone had success contacting sales re: RMA's ? Have been waiting on a response for an RMA on 3 bad h-cards Sad

RMA issues aside, these rigs are beasts once they are configured and placed in an environment with proper cooling ! The one full rig I have up and running has settled around 535 GHs !

are you running the 3.0 m/boards? what image file are you using? how are you powering them. is it with just the 2 pci-e plugs? do you have pics?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

I did have success with my RMA. After submitting my Oct 31 RMA for one broken H-board, Yvonne contacted me via email on Nov 12 and the replacement board shipped the next day. I received it yesterday.
legendary

legendary
Christian Antkow

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

I also submitted a request and haven't received any response as of yet.
legendary
Christian Antkow

legendary
ASIC Wannabe
*Facepalm*  Someone please tell me they have a copy of the Vanilla V3 image, or that one of the older ones works?  I was shipped a blank SD card.

And, yes, I did have the sense to plug it into a PC to try to back it up prior to inserting it in the Pi.

Edit:  Bah, V2 won't fit on the card and GandalfG's image, while booted, isn't generating any hashes.  I don't know if it's my rig or not, yet.

Login with ssh and check what chainminer is doing:
Code:
sudo screen -r | grep -m1 Detached | cut -b2-7

You have the latest kit? I made an image the day I got my machine. I can send you the image.

OK, I verified with two different multimeters:  12.1V out of the power supply, cards between .76 and .80 volts between the top of the inductor and the terminal ground.  This does not seem to be a vdroop issue since this happens with all cards or just 1 at a time.  I cranked the pot on one of the cards around about 100 degrees clockwise and got it up to about .81V, ran screen -r and found it was hashing with BFG to the default account at BTCGuild at about 4.5GH/s.  Chainminer still seems to be holding itself.

Yes, sir, I would appreciate the base image.

0.76v is fairly low voltage. 0.81-0.86v is a better taget for getting 28-35GH
Pages:
Jump to: