Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 60. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Is anyone besides me worried that they may not make any more H boards for the v1-2 MBs? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
24 hours stable now, but my house is freezing! Good news is the oil immersion cooling is almost done, going to have the radiator outside, we'll see how fast these babies can go when their below freezing.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Soooo... HashFast fedex'd me another H-board despite me e-mailing them a week ago telling them not to.

How to proceed

i assume you mean megabigpower/bitfury?

ill buy your h-board for $400, shipped to toronto
   I dont think he/she can't sell it and belong to Hboard Dave.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Soooo... HashFast fedex'd me another H-board despite me e-mailing them a week ago telling them not to.

How to proceed

Yeah, it's been a long day
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 2128
ASIC Wannabe

How to proceed

legendary
Soooo... MegaBigPower fedex'd me another H-board despite me e-mailing them a week ago telling them not to.

How to proceed
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Dave, any chance we can get an update soon?  The price of BTC is making the natives restless.  We have bitcoin burning holes in our pockets and we want to throw them at you!   Grin

Credit card processing will make it even better Smiley
Odi
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Just wanted to add my positive experience, since forums tend to get filled with negative experiences:

I received my full kit order on Nov 5 and put it to work as soon as I could.  I encountered many problems as others have described on here with boards cycling to 0, even with 2x200mm 166cfm fans moving air through.  I kept rearranging boards to minimize the SPI errors from dragging other boards down, until I was left with 8 cycling boards and 1 EOL board (only 11/16 chips detected).  I do believe there are still 4 buses, since the EOL board only brought down slots 6 and 7 with it when it was in 5 at the beginning.  I was only getting somewhere between 200 - 300 GH/s as boards kept cycling.

My heatsinks finally arrived on Nov 6, and I put them on the back of all the regulators except the EOL board.  This stabilized most of the boards, leaving only 2 cycling boards and 1 EOL board.  This stabilized my hash rate to about 31-33GH/s per board.  That was roughly 450GH/s with 2 boards cycling on and off and the EOL at about 22GH/s.  It dropped to a bit less than 400GH/s during the day when the room temp got warm, when 2 other boards started cycling for a total of 4 cycling boards.

On Nov 8, I finally found time to put heatsinks behind all the chips except the EOL board, and this stabilized all the cycling boards.  Each board was getting 33-35GH/s and I was getting a stable 530GH/s.  On Nov 9, I moved it to its permanent home where the temp is 10F less than my testing area, and I have been getting a stable 580GH/s (36-38GH/s per board, 25GH/s EOL board)

I think the following quote from punin is exactly why so many are having problems in this thread in the past few days, these cards are going to be unstable unless you have adequate cooling or turn down the pot setting.  I needed heatsinks at both the regulator and chips in order to get all the boards stable (some were stable with only air cooling, some needed heatsink at the regulator, and some needed heatsinks at the chips)

We have been testing the new M-boards and H-cards today and they seem to work ok, but are running quite hot with the factory pot settings. Max clock speed is 52 to avoid overloading the regulator. We are not comfortable shipping this product yet without further testing and perhaps changing the pot to lower core voltage setting. (which is really slow to do manually, so we need to ask the factory to do this).
legendary
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
ghash.io is good if you have group buyers who own a share of the ghash.  You can set a payout address based on their % of the hash rate.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
He's probably pretty busy trying to get the 200 Th mine up to speed.

I think he said the next round of deliveries will be delivered in December, so I imagine he'll open up sales here shortly.
Dave, any chance we can get an update soon?  The price of BTC is making the natives restless.  We have bitcoin burning holes in our pockets and we want to throw them at you!   Grin

+1
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
i recommend signup for a free account at ghash.io
Well, BTC Guild is working perfectly. I don't really want to change it right this moment. I got the other rig re-imaged and both are showing over 470 Gh worth of submitted shares. That's the best I've done so far.

I do like to have accounts at different places for use in the future though. I thought ghash.io is a private pool, where can you register an account?

I had performance issues pointing mine at Slush pool, BTCguild has been working perfectly.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
i recommend signup for a free account at ghash.io
Well, BTC Guild is working perfectly. I don't really want to change it right this moment.

I do like to have accounts at different places for use in the future though. I thought ghash.io is a private pool, where can you register an account?

You make an account here https://cex.io/ , and you get an account for the Pool as well which is ghash.io

I simply emailed the administrator on ghash.io  he made me 2 accounts.  I thank him for that too.

ghash.io is good if you have group buyers who own a share of the ghash.  You can set a payout address based on their % of the hash rate.

On another topic, I wish i bought more h-cards now, however at the time buying more was unprofitable.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Solved some cards shutting off by jamming a single packing peanut between each h card.  Now my rig is officially ghetto rigged snd I fear my house will burn down, but I'm getting 350 gh/s for 10 h cards

I used two rows of electrical tape along the top of the cards to hold them in place. That helped a lot.. the 1x connectors are crap and wiggle with the slightest breeze. Packing peanuts sounds scary to me, especially with how warm some of these h boards seem to be getting.

that 2xfull kits that was 1.6kusd and damn everyone is looking to add more hashrate power.  Gox is hitting 400usd for btc.
Holy crap are you guys cashing in your 401Ks or something???
selling your kids???!!
I'm not sure about him, but I bought my miners through a group buy and only own a small percentage of them.
legendary
Solved some cards shutting off by jamming a single packing peanut between each h card.  Now my rig is officially ghetto rigged snd I fear my house will burn down, but I'm getting 350 gh/s for 10 h cards
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Productive night of troubleshooting... Thanks to everyone for all their pointers and advice in this thread.

Dayummm, that's sexy. I can get 520 Gh out of one, but I have a couple bad boards on the other and it can only get up to 422 Gh.  Angry

In the interest of full disclosure, that number is not my Bitfury gear exclusively. Have one rig running near 520 more-or-less stable, and another rig with 3 bad h-cards (2 DOA and 1 with a malfunctioning pot that won't volt above 0.127V and hashes at <2GHs) is stable at near 400. Have an RMA pending for the 3 bad cards after doing extensive testing last night.

Will be doing more troubleshooting and tuning this weekend when I move the rigs out of their test environments.

Pages:
Jump to: