Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 58. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
How do you make money with this? It's so expensive.

What do you think about this BFL 50Ghs/ for 2500 usd https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/50-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html and look like price of h/w is going up because BTC up. Also miners want to get more h/ws.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

you don't
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Activity: 206
So I ordered https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

and finally received it in the mail to find that it's missing 2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable

I literally made a mess tearing up that box trying to find them. I contacted customer support and they told me that there was nothing they can do for me. I have NO reason to "scam" them out of some cables. I ordered a starter kit WITH cables. I can't help that they didn't ship me what they advertised. I just want my cables or a partial refund for the cost of acquiring new cables.

What do I do next? If I paid with credit card, we would already be in disputes, but since I paid with Bitcoin... I have to post drama here. *sigh*

your board should use PCI-e power connectors, the ring connectors were phased out after august

Thanks man. So I just plug those in to power this bad boy up?

So how about an apology to Dave and the others folks at MBP for your rant? They delivered exactly what you ordered.  It's not their fault that you didn't know what you ordered.

Sorry they don't update their website.

Sorry they don't send what I purchased. I took a screenshot early on... Just in case of any sort of arbitration.

There is my apology.

*edit*

The first thing that you do when you receive a package is NOT inspect it's contents and compare them to what you paid for? I also did NOT receive the instructions for assembly and setup, however I should apologize to them.....  Roll Eyes
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I have two of his custom bitfury case's and work great.

I have one on order...will probably have it in a week or two.

In the meantime, I've attached heatsinks to my miners:

The top row is attached lower than the others...top edge of the heatsink level with the uppermost thermal via, while the other ASIC heatsinks are centered.  The heatsink on the regulator is angled so that it covers nearly the entire thermal pad, but it doesn't come into contact with nearby components.

I recompiled bfgminer last night to run the ASICs at 53 instead of 52.  The rig ran overnight without any issues, cranking out an additional 5 GH/s while burning another 5 W (as measured with a Kill-a-Watt).  This morning, I tried cranking it up to 54, but it only ran for a few minutes before it started producing the same errors I got running the rig at 53 without the heatsinks.

This was a few minutes after setting the rig back to 53.  The BFL ASICs are good for maybe 10.5-11 GH/s, so the two H-boards are now delivering about 74 GH/s, or 37 GH/s each.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

A proper case to mount everything to would do it:

Send me a PM.   Roll Eyes

I've been eyeing them for over a month.  I am currently trying to figure out how to use that top plate to keep the cards from moving in the PCIe slot.  Is it close enough for double sided tape?

The cards are secured in place by plastic spacers.

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

I've been eyeing them for over a month.  I am currently trying to figure out how to use that top plate to keep the cards from moving in the PCIe slot.  Is it close enough for double sided tape?

That is what the top plate is designed to do.  Underneath the plate is some foam rubber, which gently presses down onto the top edges of the h-cards, to keep them steady.   Grin

I highly recommend Spotwood's cases.  The rubber foam works well in holding the cards in place and the pressure on it is adjustable depending on how hard you screw the plate in.  I am waiting on my second case from him for another type of bitfury miner.  Worth every penny.

EDIT: Unrelated - 8 hours left in auction for two H-Boards, v2.2, if you are looking for more hash.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/auction-two2-new-bitfury-h-cards-v22-333237
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I found some pipe insulation lying around, split it in half, and cut notches at the appropriate intervals.
(I used 2 strips, on top edge.)

Works great, cheap, and only tool required is a pair of scissors!

c32

Oh, and going back to physically stabilizing the cards, did anyone else think to use the mount-holes on the H-cards to bind them together using bolts, dowels, or something similar?  I imagine it would be quite tedious to set up and you would want to make sure the cards where working well first...
Activity: 512

That is what the top plate is designed to do.  Underneath the plate is some foam rubber, which gently presses down onto the top edges of the h-cards, to keep them steady.   Grin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Send me a PM.   Roll Eyes

I've been eyeing them for over a month.  I am currently trying to figure out how to use that top plate to keep the cards from moving in the PCIe slot.  Is it close enough for double sided tape?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Oh, and going back to physically stabilizing the cards, did anyone else think to use the mount-holes on the H-cards to bind them together using bolts, dowels, or something similar?  I imagine it would be quite tedious to set up and you would want to make sure the cards where working well first...

Activity: 512

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

packing peanuts are still running strong, as has my device for the last 48h
Activity: 420
So I ordered https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

and finally received it in the mail to find that it's missing 2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable

I literally made a mess tearing up that box trying to find them. I contacted customer support and they told me that there was nothing they can do for me. I have NO reason to "scam" them out of some cables. I ordered a starter kit WITH cables. I can't help that they didn't ship me what they advertised. I just want my cables or a partial refund for the cost of acquiring new cables.

What do I do next? If I paid with credit card, we would already be in disputes, but since I paid with Bitcoin... I have to post drama here. *sigh*

your board should use PCI-e power connectors, the ring connectors were phased out after august

no, some people still get cable for ring connectors for V3 Mboard + PCI-e connectors.
Activity: 576
Just going to throw this out there about Cex.io/GHash.io... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ghashio-and-double-spending-against-betcoin-dice-327767

Because I hate the idea of centralized pools controlling ~22.4% of the network. Especially ones doing sketchy shit.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
Hello, everyone!  Random lurker here.  I went ahead and signed up for the board to let the rest of the lurkers know that if anyone who has paid has not yet received notice that their rig was shipped, you may want to contact MBP sales.  I grabbed one of the last rigs, order #10xx and was told that it should have shipped already.

Beyond that, anyone know how to sign up for ghash.io?  The old link to cex.io seems to have disappeared and regular signup page there looks like it is for investors, not bitfury miners.  

Edit:  Scratch that ghash.io question, it looks like something fishy is going on.  I'll look into some of the other pools mentioned earlier that play nice with the difficulty.

if you have a share on cex.io,   you get access to the ghash.io pool.....

You don't have to have any shares on cex.io.  If you make an account on cex.io, you can log into the pool with the same credentials.
Activity: 504
Hello, everyone!  Random lurker here.  I went ahead and signed up for the board to let the rest of the lurkers know that if anyone who has paid has not yet received notice that their rig was shipped, you may want to contact MBP sales.  I grabbed one of the last rigs, order #10xx and was told that it should have shipped already.

Beyond that, anyone know how to sign up for ghash.io?  The old link to cex.io seems to have disappeared and regular signup page there looks like it is for investors, not bitfury miners.  

Edit:  Scratch that ghash.io question, it looks like something fishy is going on.  I'll look into some of the other pools mentioned earlier that play nice with the difficulty.

if you have a share on cex.io,   you get access to the ghash.io pool.....
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

So how about an apology to Dave and the others folks at MBP for your rant? They delivered exactly what you ordered.  It's not their fault that you didn't know what you ordered.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Activity: 206

Pages:
Jump to: