Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [UTC] University of Texas Coin - a coin for students - page 10. (Read 17771 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253
Does anyone know what a node is and how to explain it?

In communication networks, a node (Latin nodus, ‘knot’) is either a connection point, a redistribution point or a communication endpoint (some terminal equipment). The definition of a node depends on the network and protocol layer referred to. A physical network node is an active electronic device that is attached to a network, and is capable of sending, receiving, or forwarding information over a communications channel.[1] A passive distribution point such as a distribution frame or patch panel is consequently not a node.

it took me 0.8 sec to google it  Tongue

How do I set one up I mean like explain it completely not just a definition I don't understand this at all
Activity: 285
Merit: 255

In communication networks, a node (Latin nodus, ‘knot’) is either a connection point, a redistribution point or a communication endpoint (some terminal equipment). The definition of a node depends on the network and protocol layer referred to. A physical network node is an active electronic device that is attached to a network, and is capable of sending, receiving, or forwarding information over a communications channel.[1] A passive distribution point such as a distribution frame or patch panel is consequently not a node.

it took me 0.8 sec to google it  Tongue
Maybe this helps This is the creators open wallet
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4050909
How are you putting out a release when you don't "understand coins" and can't figure out how to use Github?

Like this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-utc-university-of-texas-coin-a-coin-for-students-380259

I don't even know how to mine yet I am just trying to figure everything out
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Are you shitting me? How are you putting out a release when you don't "understand coins" and can't figure out how to use Github?

Is there a way someone else can point their IPv4 at this coin? I don't know what that even means or if I said it right But maybe that is what we need The creator said we needed 2 people or 2 computers to be doing something I thought it was just download the wallet but I was mistaken
If this is a SHA coin I will be putting 336 MH/s towards it soon
Do u know this command- addnode ?

u should go to utc client console window, and input -  getpeerinfo- . U can see nodes.

15:37:36

getpeerinfo-

Method not found (code -32601)

15:37:40

getpeerinfo

[
]

Is your wallet out of sync too?

Yeah I thought that all I needed to get it synced up was 1 other person to download it That is why I posted this originally I just thought that was all it needed But I was mistaken and now I am learning things

If ABCCoin is the core then I think it is a SHA if that helps
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
This does not seem like a trustworthy alt coin. Just my two sense.
If you downloaded the ZIP file and extracted it you have just as much info about this coin as I do I don't know anything more than that
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

u should go to utc client console window, and input -  getpeerinfo- . U can see nodes.

getpeerinfo-

getpeerinfo

[
]

Is your wallet out of sync too?

getpeerinfo-

getpeerinfo

[
]
Hmm seems like a great representation of th students at University of Texas...let's just make something and hope other people can tell us how to use it! Should really reevaluate the purpose of this coin. GO HEELS!!

I'd look at it more like a team building experience and documentation for the next ones to try this after us
And I'm not a tech I have plenty of other abilities though so once this gets going it will thrive
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Does this mean anything?
Proxy IP 127.0.0.1
Port 9050

I got it by clicking file-options-network
Activity: 140
CEO/Founder AltSwap (Cryptocurrency Exchange)
Hmm seems like a great representation of th students at University of Texas...let's just make something and hope other people can tell us how to use it! Should really reevaluate the purpose of this coin. GO HEELS!!
Activity: 322
I can see utc's local ip is 2013, but no target ip. So we need nodes.

If I PM you an IPv4 can you use that? or is that something else?
I need nodes to sync the wallet. If we know nodes, maybe we can mine this coin.

I am waiting for your pm.

What is a node? Maybe I can help
I sent the PM

A node is basically a network connection point, The IP address of any computer connected to the network is basically what is being sought, GIYF
I also just PMed the creator So he will come to this thread whenever he logs on Bitcointalk
I can see utc's local ip is 2013, but no target ip. So we need nodes.

If I PM you an IPv4 can you use that? or is that something else?
I need nodes to sync the wallet. If we know nodes, maybe we can mine this coin.

I am waiting for your pm.

What is a node? Maybe I can help
I sent the PM
Pages:
Jump to: