Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 31. (Read 48763 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
This coin has unfair start. Some one can mine, someone not.
Activity: 107
Do you have a github PR for your POS solution ? or commit that describe well the process of integration of your Proof Of Stake ? I got an eye on the commits but can't figure out it ... any PR or anything clear please ?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
Do this coin use EQUIHASH ? or a variant of it ? or was using that ?

I think it using Haraka512 v2 and not been used on other coin.

It's a fork of komodo, and it's using EQUIHASH or i am wrong ?

Or do they managed to change it ?

You can download the wallet from http://veruscoin.io/ and the miner is inside the wallet.

Mining instruction is at the OP.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.38008797
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

It's a fork of komodo, and it's using EQUIHASH or i am wrong ?

Or do they managed to change it ?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
Those addresses are yours. The wallet keeps a pool of addresses that it selects for new blocks when mining or staking. You can verify that these are your addresses by copying one and using the command:
validateaddress

In the settings section of the wallet, under CLI. Just select VRSC (native), where you select the coin, enter the command in the line below, and click "execute".
Activity: 21
Can somebody explain this to me how I know I mined a block?
Some transactions appear in my wallet but are all with a destination to other adresses RA6oCPCMR3fDef2ouPcEy6kQjTNtuusEZJ, RL49tuEjPiZUDaoe56AQHNr5ZLMx2rJxM8, RAgAH5gqEZP8ezroMbFVangdctNTTQJor2,etc.
My balance is still 0 and I can't find these addresses in the explorer.

thanks

Can you post a screen shot to imgur or something and share, or provide a tx id? Definitely these aren't on the blockchain, so it will be a local issue. You say your balance is STILL 0. So, what were the transactions transferring? thx

heres a screen shot of the transactions
http://imgur.com/gallery/4OS2Q8P

Congratulations Smiley! These are 1920 coins worth of mined blocks. They aren't showing up in your balance because they are time locked until the number of minutes of those numbers peeking out the side.

ok thanks but why is the destination address not mine?
Some transactions appear in my wallet but are all with a destination to other adresses RA6oCPCMR3fDef2ouPcEy6kQjTNtuusEZJ, RL49tuEjPiZUDaoe56AQHNr5ZLMx2rJxM8, RAgAH5gqEZP8ezroMbFVangdctNTTQJor2,etc.

thanks

Can you post a screen shot to imgur or something and share, or provide a tx id? Definitely these aren't on the blockchain, so it will be a local issue. You say your balance is STILL 0. So, what were the transactions transferring? thx

Congratulations Smiley! These are 1920 coins worth of mined blocks. They aren't showing up in your balance because they are time locked until the number of minutes of those numbers peeking out the side.

thanks

Activity: 476
Merit: 133
How do you mine this coin? I downloaded the wallet and hit mining, it started hashing but 12 hours later I still have not mined a single coin
network hashrate is 7000MH
If your system has a hashrate of 2MH (a decent computer)
Your expected time to mine is 3500 blocks or about 2.5 days

add in the normal mining variance and it could be less than a day or a week for your first block.

Maybe it would be good for the GUI to display the expected time to find a block based on local hashrate vs network hashrate
Activity: 13
How do you mine this coin? I downloaded the wallet and hit mining, it started hashing but 12 hours later I still have not mined a single coin

thanks

thanks
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
I get that the circulating supply is very limited for the time being, but anybody buying at these prices should be aware that this scarcity will only last for two months, since after that, the block reward will be 96 and the equivalent of what has been pow-mined in the 3.5 first days (and which is now spendable), will be pow-mined in 3.5 days once the block reward becomes 96.

The coin just launched and the team has yet to produce a white paper explaining their vision. Buying this coin for xxx times what it costs to mine makes no sense at all for the time being, well it could make sense (but still) if the buyer is looking for a greater fool (literally) to sell to for a higher price in the upcoming 53 days ... Of course the market is not necessary rational so anything is possible.

Just remember that people sell only if they think they are making a good deal (or they need the money), so if someone tells you it will be worth $100 and is still selling it to you for 1/10 of that, something doesn't seem right ...

I don´t have a clue whats the value of VRSC, i just offered a price that seems to be fair for me to sell at the moment. There no hint, scam or anything else. I mined from the first blocks on with a I7 6700 and was lucky to find some unlocked blocks....so here´s the deal

No offense intended, I was merely balancing the selling offers by pointing out things that I think buyers should be aware of.

I estimate that the daily unlocked coins will be a small minority compared to the 92VRSC coinbases when the halvings get us there

Agree on that (*96). Why is that actually relevant?

$10 does not seem an unreasonable price level for unlocked VRSC at this time

At this time, without taking into account the circulating coins that will reward the blocks mined after 2 months, maybe. Still, we have no idea about what the team wants to accomplish, let's at least wait for the white paper.

Trading VRSC right now really doesn't make much sense to me. It would be like trading BTC when it appeared (at least Bitcoin had a white paper), nobody did that cuz nobody could put a price on it, everybody was just mining, and when use cases started to appear and demand started to grow, then fiat trading started.

Are you prepared to buy VRSC for $10? If yes, why?
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
I get that the circulating supply is very limited for the time being, but anybody buying at these prices should be aware that this scarcity will only last for two months, since after that, the block reward will be 96 and the equivalent of what has been pow-mined in the 3.5 first days (and which is now spendable), will be pow-mined in 3.5 days once the block reward becomes 96.

The coin just launched and the team has yet to produce a white paper explaining their vision. Buying this coin for xxx times what it costs to mine makes no sense at all for the time being, well it could make sense (but still) if the buyer is looking for a greater fool (literally) to sell to for a higher price in the upcoming 53 days ... Of course the market is not necessary rational so anything is possible.

Just remember that people sell only if they think they are making a good deal (or they need the money), so if someone tells you it will be worth $100 and is still selling it to you for 1/10 of that, something doesn't seem right ...

I don´t have a clue whats the value of VRSC, i just offered a price that seems to be fair for me to sell at the moment. There no hint, scam or anything else. I mined from the first blocks on with a I7 6700 and was lucky to find some unlocked blocks....so here´s the deal

No offense intended, I was merely balancing the selling offers by pointing out things that I think buyers should be aware of.

I estimate that the daily unlocked coins will be a small minority compared to the 92VRSC coinbases when the halvings get us there

$10 does not seem an unreasonable price level for unlocked VRSC at this time
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

Activity: 387
Merit: 102
Another successful trade made in the discord channel, price was 9$ for 1 VRSC coin.

i would sell 144 VRSC (matured and transferable) for a price of $8 each.

... a precious 480,000 that are not timelocked for now.

Also interested same question, how ppls trade VRSC if all coins is locked.
Now it's clear.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Another successful trade made in the discord channel, price was 9$ for 1 VRSC coin.

i would sell 144 VRSC (matured and transferable) for a price of $8 each.

... a precious 480,000 that are not timelocked for now.

Is it necessary to have the full wallet for PoW mining? There's no standalone miner?

You can use the command line daemon wallet, but currently you'll need to build it, which is quite straightforward on Linux. No standalone miner yet. We're discussing a bounty for a GPU miner to see if an effective one can be made, but it's currently unknown if GPUs can beat CPUs by any meaningful margin, if at all. I'm pretty skeptical. We do want to support pools after the time locked coinbase period is over, but we are not sure yet if that will be through the wallet directly (GUI and CLI) or with a separate miner.
Pages:
Jump to: