Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 35. (Read 48763 times)

Activity: 387
Merit: 102
Can't find block in more than 24 hours.
My hashrate is ~6000000.

One of my machines is 2.2 MH/s, so a third of yours, and I've gotten 1 block on that in 4 days. My wife has gotten zero on her notebook with 800KH/s in 4 days, but I'm suggesting to my family to mine. These current blocks are much bigger than they will be in the coming years, and the opening time is pseudo-random, so you can even get lucky on that.

Where can i check my hashrate?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi,

this morning two lines appeared in my wallet transactions list, but they're still immature after more than 700 confirmations. Destination adresses don't seem to be mine, and the addresses have a different format, beginning with letter "b". What are them?

https://i.imgur.com/60p8FPz.png

I'm having the same problem.

https://imgur.com/a/N5isvCz

I think it's because all these 'b' transcation was locked, for details, read some reply above, and you will see why, it's not a mistake or bug

Sorry I missed that in the first post - thanks for clarifying!

Quoting portion of OP's post here for others to reference as well:

Reward:           1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks)
                        for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter. All rewards over 192 Verus
                        are time locked to mature at a random block between 129,600 and 1,181,520

OK! So, the number next to immature must be the block that line will be released to the wallet.

So all coins that we will get for POW mining will be locked?
What's the point of mining if I can't use my coins 2 years?

It won't be to get rich quick for any of us, but the blocks right now are time locked because they are so large. I'm not worried about the time locks, and I have to deal with them the same as you. With them, early participants will be rewarded for participating, but there will never be a flood of supply that overruns the potential for miners or stakers to reap rewards from their immediate work. The time locks now are in exchange for the larger, early rewards. You can also wait until rewards are 96 coins per block, and there won't be time locks at that time. You also might get lucky and get one that opens in 3 months.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com

[/quote]

I just found one block and kind of like the idea of need to hold it for a long time. It's a feature to keep people from dumping into the market for sure.

Just keep mining and hold it.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

Could be three months if you are lucky Cheesy, but yeah, that could qualify as a valid concern. Also, if I understand correctly, since they won't be spendable, they won't be available for staking, will they?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Hi,

this morning two lines appeared in my wallet transactions list, but they're still immature after more than 700 confirmations. Destination adresses don't seem to be mine, and the addresses have a different format, beginning with letter "b". What are them?

I think it's because all these 'b' transcation was locked, for details, read some reply above, and you will see why, it's not a mistake or bug

Reward:           1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks)
                        for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter. All rewards over 192 Verus

OK! So, the number next to immature must be the block that line will be released to the wallet.

Activity: 175
Merit: 12
Any chance the SSL on the block explorer could be fixed?

Yes. We will fix that soon. Just working on the post-launch update and then will focus on that. I believe someone may roll off of their work on launch today and have a little time to look. Thanks.
My hashrate is ~6000000.

One of my machines is 2.2 MH/s, so a third of yours, and I've gotten 1 block on that in 4 days. My wife has gotten zero on her notebook with 800KH/s in 4 days, but I'm suggesting to my family to mine. These current blocks are much bigger than they will be in the coming years, and the opening time is pseudo-random, so you can even get lucky on that.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Any chance the SSL on the block explorer could be fixed?

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
My hashrate is ~6000000.
Activity: 10
Hi,

https://i.imgur.com/60p8FPz.png

Reward:           1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks)

@VerusCoin: for staking is it enough to let the agama wallet open and running with my VRSC balance in it or did i have to enter any command in the CLI?
The default setting on Agama is to stake and not mine, but I have heard that there may be an issue where it doesn't start staking until you first mine. I don't know yet for sure, but if so, the next release will have that fixed. To be 100% sure you are staking, you can go to the same place as to start mining and enter:
    setgenerate true 0

That will only stake and not mine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
@VerusCoin: for staking is it enough to let the agama wallet open and running with my VRSC balance in it or did i have to enter any command in the CLI?
hello,is there any telegram or something comunity like that?

We had a discord setup, but just haven't had time to announce and get there. Here is the invite, and someone will stop by periodically. We don't really use Telegram much. If there's a community Telegram channel, we'd have to call it unofficial from our team perspective for now. We don't really have time to regularly visit both.
https://discord.gg/VRKMP2S
Activity: 25
Hi,

These are the very large reward, time locked coinbases. They will release automatically and be spendable at the block number they are mature. It can be a few months or up to 2 years and 3 months.
For me no deal: "CLI response: Error reading configuration file: Missing komodo.conf".
Using linux version.

Where did you get the Agama you're using? That error is not normal, and seems to indicate that you may be using an Agama that isn't our Verus-enhanced version.
Anyone is successfully mining on this VSRC with your CPU? I used "setgenerate true 15" on the second command line but I don't see anything is happening.

You can use "getmininginfo" with no parameters in the same place as you used "setgenerate" to find out your hash rate and other info. No response to the setgenerate call means you are mining.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
If anyone is looking to buy coins, let me know.

They were mined before 192 block reward, so they can be transfered.

Activity: 387
Merit: 102
Activity: 28
Zk-SNARK and POS, I do not see a coin that integrates both features, Where can I find out more?
Pages:
Jump to: