Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 32. (Read 48763 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Is it necessary to have the full wallet for PoW mining? There's no standalone miner?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
So should we mine now or there are still fork issues?
Activity: 387
Merit: 102
Updated to the new wallet.
Deletted all blockchain files and resynced.
And one transaction from 29.05.18 dissapeared...
Why???

I noticed only today, its about 15+ transactions  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
what speed is the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core 3.4GHz should be getting? I think I was getting a lot more faster on first wallet.

I believe I have seen people getting 10 or 11 MH/s on these. What were you seeing?

I getting about 9 MH/S but, only using 80% capacity.
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
what speed is the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core 3.4GHz should be getting? I think I was getting a lot more faster on first wallet.

I believe I have seen people getting 10 or 11 MH/s on these. What were you seeing?
WE HAVE FOUND THE ISSUE. A BAD WINDOWS BUILD. ACTIVATION IN 1/2 HOUR. IF YOU'RE ON WINDOWS GRAB THE BUILD AT http://veruscoin.io NOW! THANK YOU!
TO EVERYONE:
WE HAVE A FEW SMALL FORKS FROM YESTERDAY'S ISSUES AND WE SHOULD SHUT THEM DOWN AS WE APPROACH 12800.
PLEASE, IF YOU'RE NOT MINING WITHIN 2 or 3 BLOCKS OF THE EXPLORER HEIGHT https://explorer.veruscoin.io/ PLEASE JUST STOP MINING AND WAIT UNTIL
FURTHER NOTICE.
we have a month of these large blocks upcoming, and we will get everyone on the main chain fastest if those extending the forks quit mining. If you know a group of miners on Verus, please pass this on.
it looks like these are the cause of the Windows synch issues some people have had.
legendary
www.neutroncoin.com
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Why???
you were on the fork chain.
Ah... I posted an answer on discord, which I'll change now. I didn't notice the date format. Based on correct reading of your date, I believe as with kaicrypzen, you mined a block on the fork that later resolved.
Why???
There is a second update (after https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.38754844) that seems mandatory because otherwise you'll be mining on another chain ... The second update is available on the website.

Yesterday, I updated according to the post. Today, I updated with the second update and all seemed fine, however when I checked one of the last blocks (getblock ) it didn't have the same hash as the one displayed in the block explorer for that block. So I removed all the files in .komodo/VRSC (I'm on Linux) apart from wallet.dat and started Agama, I then had the "RPC connection" error, so I restarted Agama and it was fine, however, the last block I minded is no longer visible. Either I mined it on another chain or I'm missing something. That block was mined at 8:xx AM UTC, does this make sense?

Almost certainly that block was mined on a fork that was orphaned. The RPC issue was our nodes getting blocked yesterday, which led to a number of problems. We have addressed that issue, but we are still investigating sync problems right now. If you got up to date on the network and don't see the block, 99.9% (or more) chance that it was just mined on an orphaned chain.

Are you saying that it was also mined by someone else, and that's why it was orphaned, or something else?
Was it normal that I was on another chain despite having installed the (first) update before the deadline? It seems the second update is mandatory to mine on the right/strongest chain, if so, can you please make a(n official) post about it here?
Glad to hear that you are working on fixing issues, not that I doubted it in the first place Smiley. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!
When a fork occurs, or even when multiple people find the same block virtually instantly, only one gets accepted. When there are small forks, same thing. When there are larger forks, often the hashpower on the main chain far exceeds the other(s), and sometimes people can mine many, many blocks because there is almost no one on the chain and they lost the main one. I'm not saying that these are exactly the things that happened, just generally what can. Yesterday, as a small coin with fewer stable nodes than most, we got all of our stable nodes blocked, and many people weren't connecting properly. With the different versions coincident, we ended up with at least one large group of miners on one chain forked from the main chain. The people in our community discord helped us connect to them, and they upgraded and the fork resolved, but until people upgrade, possibly clear out their chain folder data while saving their wallet (instructions on our discord (https://discord.gg/VRKMP2S) they may have trouble getting back to the main chain.

We learned a number of things, including that we need more fixed ip nodes in different DCs, and a community member in Europe provided nodes for everyone as we were getting it resolved. I'm spending most of today making sure all is good, and once that is done, back to forward progress Smiley
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
There is a second update (after https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.38754844) that seems mandatory because otherwise you'll be mining on another chain ... The second update is available on the website.

Yesterday, I updated according to the post. Today, I updated with the second update and all seemed fine, however when I checked one of the last blocks (getblock ) it didn't have the same hash as the one displayed in the block explorer for that block. So I removed all the files in .komodo/VRSC (I'm on Linux) apart from wallet.dat and started Agama, I then had the "RPC connection" error, so I restarted Agama and it was fine, however, the last block I minded is no longer visible. Either I mined it on another chain or I'm missing something. That block was mined at 8:xx AM UTC, does this make sense?

Almost certainly that block was mined on a fork that was orphaned. The RPC issue was our nodes getting blocked yesterday, which led to a number of problems. We have addressed that issue, but we are still investigating sync problems right now. If you got up to date on the network and don't see the block, 99.9% (or more) chance that it was just mined on an orphaned chain.

Are you saying that it was also mined by someone else, and that's why it was orphaned, or something else?
Was it normal that I was on another chain despite having installed the (first) update before the deadline? It seems the second update is mandatory to mine on the right/strongest chain, if so, can you please make a(n official) post about it here?
Glad to hear that you are working on fixing issues, not that I doubted it in the first place Smiley. Keep up the good work.

Activity: 476
Merit: 133
My wallet shows 100% sync but always is a few block backward then explorer...

For example wallet shows current block 11856.
Explorer - 11860.

Why?
if you didnt update recently, you could be on a fork
check the specific blockhash not just height
My wallet shows 100% sync but always is a few block backward then explorer...

For example wallet shows current block 11856.
Explorer - 11860.

Why?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

Activity: 2
The latest wallet I got stuck at block 11353 and close and reopened couple times. Anyone has similar problem?

Had same issue; solved by:
- stop Agama
- backup (outside their folder) wallet.dat and VRSC.conf
- delete all remaining files in .komodo/VRSC/
- bring back wallet.dat and VRSC.conf
- start Agama and wait the sync

Basically, you force a reload of all blocks
Activity: 36
All rewards over 192 Verus are time locked to mature at a random block between 129,600 and 1,181,520.

So, the miners starting now will get 0 free verus to transfer in quite a long time.

What about the strategy to attract more miners?
legendary
www.neutroncoin.com
The latest wallet I got stuck at block 11353 and close and reopened couple times. Anyone has similar problem?
Pages:
Jump to: