Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] VGC - VegasCoin - page 15. (Read 74432 times)

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
July 17, 2015, 08:39:51 AM
Looks like someone is going hog wild on the chain now,lol

Hopefully its more than just 1 person
legendary
July 17, 2015, 05:26:07 AM
Guys I have been trying to work things out with the original dev Yates. I operate out of respect. When I originally wanted to takeover , I felt the coin was abandoned , and that Yates , just didnt care anymore about it. Yates and I got talking and I quickly realized that he did not want me alone taking over this coin. He talked about a partnership with him and another guy. He already told me he had many other ventures and just did not have the time to put into Vegascoin, yet he still didnt want to pass it on to me alone. I respected his decision, but at the same time, he was very slow to respond to all of my emails which told me, if I got into a partnership, everything would move at a snail pace. It felt like I would be doing all the work, because he didnt have the time. In the end Ive decided its best to leave this project alone as its more trouble than its worth, and I wont barge in and do a hostile takeover and have a conflict with Yates. At this time the coin is dead and will remain dead. I tried. Sorry.

Vegas

It must me hard to respect that. In my experience people who complain they don't have the time are rarely people with the ambition to pull through. Add the fact that he's trying to use your skills to his advantage without lifting a finger himself and it shows what kind of person we're dealing with... On that note I vote:

Hostile takeover!  Grin Cool

If original dev is not interested in VegasCoin, I see there is no reason the community can not take over. Would not be the first time a community took over a coin.
I personally vote for the community to take over the coin. The B.S. from dev having login issues, is just that. Not real hard to stay logged in forever. Not sure of
why blockchain is stuck? I understand you need new wallets. I downloaded the wallet from link Vegas put in this thread. But wallet crapped out on me.
Had purchased 50k at Comkort before they shut down. Since I could not get wallet to work, sold them, before shut down. For about $400, or so we could resurrect
this coin. TheAltCoinGuys.com have very reasonable rates, packages are fairly complete. $300 for wallets, blockchain, and website. Block Explorer and rich list, ect. $60.
Seed/Masternode set up $27 every 3 months. Only leaves some graphic designs to be paid for. And I know a graphic designer, we could get graphics pretty cheap.
I would kick in some money to set this up. We could start from scratch, or use current block chain? I would like to see POW/POS, though not sure what algo is best
suited for this? I do not know if we should go with current block chain, or start a new block chain? I also liked having at least 10 million coins to start with for bounties
and give aways. Like faucets to get the coin rolling with publicity. Might even need to start a new thread? Though not sure how one would go about it? I think 3-4 of
us are serious about this. So, speak up and throw some ideas or suggestions out here, or let VegasCoin die? It is now up to the community to decide on the next
step, or steps!

Peace, Dennis

I am keeping the chain running and currently have 4 active connections with the wallet open

Might be good for a few more people to throw 1-2 mh at the chain until we get listed on Cryptsy (currently in the top 15)

We can keep things going for now without much effort on anyone's part
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
July 16, 2015, 08:37:15 PM
Guys I have been trying to work things out with the original dev Yates. I operate out of respect. When I originally wanted to takeover , I felt the coin was abandoned , and that Yates , just didnt care anymore about it. Yates and I got talking and I quickly realized that he did not want me alone taking over this coin. He talked about a partnership with him and another guy. He already told me he had many other ventures and just did not have the time to put into Vegascoin, yet he still didnt want to pass it on to me alone. I respected his decision, but at the same time, he was very slow to respond to all of my emails which told me, if I got into a partnership, everything would move at a snail pace. It felt like I would be doing all the work, because he didnt have the time. In the end Ive decided its best to leave this project alone as its more trouble than its worth, and I wont barge in and do a hostile takeover and have a conflict with Yates. At this time the coin is dead and will remain dead. I tried. Sorry.

Vegas

It must me hard to respect that. In my experience people who complain they don't have the time are rarely people with the ambition to pull through. Add the fact that he's trying to use your skills to his advantage without lifting a finger himself and it shows what kind of person we're dealing with... On that note I vote:

If original dev is not interested in VegasCoin, I see there is no reason the community can not take over. Would not be the first time a community took over a coin.
I personally vote for the community to take over the coin. The B.S. from dev having login issues, is just that. Not real hard to stay logged in forever. Not sure of
why blockchain is stuck? I understand you need new wallets. I downloaded the wallet from link Vegas put in this thread. But wallet crapped out on me.
Had purchased 50k at Comkort before they shut down. Since I could not get wallet to work, sold them, before shut down. For about $400, or so we could resurrect
this coin. TheAltCoinGuys.com have very reasonable rates, packages are fairly complete. $300 for wallets, blockchain, and website. Block Explorer and rich list, ect. $60.
Seed/Masternode set up $27 every 3 months. Only leaves some graphic designs to be paid for. And I know a graphic designer, we could get graphics pretty cheap.
I would kick in some money to set this up. We could start from scratch, or use current block chain? I would like to see POW/POS, though not sure what algo is best
suited for this? I do not know if we should go with current block chain, or start a new block chain? I also liked having at least 10 million coins to start with for bounties
and give aways. Like faucets to get the coin rolling with publicity. Might even need to start a new thread? Though not sure how one would go about it? I think 3-4 of
us are serious about this. So, speak up and throw some ideas or suggestions out here, or let VegasCoin die? It is now up to the community to decide on the next
step, or steps!

Peace, Dennis
Activity: 301
July 13, 2015, 02:43:35 PM

Vegas

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
July 12, 2015, 12:38:50 PM

Vegas
legendary
July 12, 2015, 11:05:11 AM
Bringing on a well known dev to make things run smooth. Wont mention name unless they want to reveal. Still working on final details.

What we know so far that wont change:
Algo: Scrypt
Brand new wallet written from ground up, new chain, new addnodes, new graphics
POW and POS hybrid
Mineable for years to come
VERY low coin count
Coin swap (if possible). The ratio will be extreme: something like 50:1 to bring money supply WAY down < 1 Mil

Vegas

I like it!

I really like the low coin count idea.

There will be a strong emphasis on keeping coin supply very low, and prices high. Inflation will kill the best coin. That Wont happen here.

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think you should take over this coin. You seem more interested than Vegas. My guess is he was blowing hot air at Spots.
He has been more active on another thread, that wants to restart up MMXIV, TEETH, and the old Gorilla Bucks wallets and block chains.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1108502.20

Peace, Dennis

The thing I liked about VegasCoin was the small community that really stood by the coin for a long time. If I had the skill to take over a project like this its something I would consider seriously. My expertise is in community building and marketing. I sold most of what I had months ago when the price was perfect but I still have a few kicking around. VegasCoin was a project that could have been big
legendary
July 12, 2015, 10:45:26 AM
Bringing on a well known dev to make things run smooth. Wont mention name unless they want to reveal. Still working on final details.

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count
Coin swap (if possible). The ratio will be extreme: something like 50:1 to bring money supply WAY down < 1 Mil

Vegas

I like it!

There will be a strong emphasis on keeping coin supply very low, and prices high. Inflation will kill the best coin. That Wont happen here.

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think the silence just answered your question  Wink Although he did say it would take time... Let's check back next year.

lol, Another year is nothing for VegasCoin!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
July 10, 2015, 08:34:05 PM
I'm hearing/seeing those final breaths. No body cares about this nursing home senior. Angry Huh
July 10, 2015, 08:30:27 PM
It's going down.  Someone mine with 50-100k if you can afford it.
July 10, 2015, 07:07:44 PM
My little ole 600kh looked great there for a couple of days mining every block.  Guess somebody else came back on board.
Well, guess not since I shut down and none of my immatures matured until I started back up.  Yes, I am the only one mining this coin right now!  Someone tell me how stupid that is?
July 10, 2015, 06:53:36 PM
My little ole 600kh looked great there for a couple of days mining every block.  Guess somebody else came back on board.
July 09, 2015, 11:53:59 PM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think you should take over this coin. You seem more interested than Vegas. My guess is he was blowing hot air at Spots.
He has been more active on another thread, that wants to restart up MMXIV, TEETH, and the old Gorilla Bucks wallets and block chains.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1108502.20

Peace, Dennis
Activity: 301
July 09, 2015, 03:51:38 AM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

Vegas

Still thinking about taking this over or have you come to your senses yet?   Wink

I think the silence just answered your question  Wink Although he did say it would take time... Let's check back next year.
legendary
July 04, 2015, 12:17:38 PM

POW and POS hybrid
VERY low coin count

Vegas

I like it!

Vegas

legendary
June 29, 2015, 05:28:28 AM
Looks like I broke something, transferred large amount from Comkort 100k+ and seemed immediately chain went down. Approx. 12cmt

Best to do small amounts at a time

Hope it shows up for you
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
June 29, 2015, 12:00:02 AM
Vegas coin..... i remember when it was launched,  hope you guys are doing well l!!  Smiley
Activity: 208
June 28, 2015, 10:45:29 PM
Looks like I broke something, transferred large amount from Comkort 100k+ and seemed immediately chain went down. Approx. 12cmt

Transactions over 10,000 VGC have been known to get stuck. I have several stuck transactions, nearly 86k total.
June 28, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
June 21, 2015, 05:27:39 PM
Hey, Vegas

I think you should use a variable POS in keeping with the Las Vegas spirit. Like LOTTO coin. Not to high, mind you, between 10%-!00%
on a yearly basis. And not based on network weight, so everyone gets a fair chance. We both know how whales take advantage of the smaller fish.
Once coin is up and running, probably would not be to hard to get listed at Cryptopia to start with. Also, I think the coin should be affordable for the masses.
We do not need billions of coins, but less than a million? Not so sure on that. Saturn squished down their coin amount, did not help keep the value up.
Another thing coin inflation can be somewhat controlled with difficulty fluctuations. Like HYP, TEK, and TRK. Also staking time can be used to control inflation.
Could also replicate the one arm bandit and get nothing on a stake amount from time to time. Well, maybe something, like 1%-100%
I will try and down load the wallet, and try to snag some from Comkort before they shut down.

Peace, Dennis

Keep in mind, it was mentioned a coin swap would be done if possible.

I would hate to see you waste much Bitcoin if it turned out not to be possible

I was not going to spend much, since not sure what is going to happen as of yet. I do not think VGS is POS? Which would mean a fork.
Or a new block chain to swap old for new coins. Vegas is pretty ticked off at Spots! Not sure if anger was talking, or really going to take the
bull by the horns? Going to cost him some money for a dev, website, among other things. Plus needs to build this community back up. Which
is going to take some time to do. Vegas has a few people less than happy with him from several other ANN threads. Would not surprise me to
see some of them trolling and spreading FUD around, if he does go ahead and take control of this coin. If he does, definitely going to see things
from the side. Hope, Vegas can keep his temper in check. Making decisions based on emotions, usually not a good idea. Going to have to let the
flack, roll off his back and stay focused on the job at hand. I know he can build Vegas coin back up and then some. Has a great name, that is
recognizable. Millions, if not a billion people have heard of Las Vegas. I know millions of people visit Las Vegas every year. I really liked the
original dev's idea of using the coin like a coupon, for promoting various businesses in the area. People could buy the coins before coming out
to Las Vegas. What would be really cool, is to be able to redeem the coins for a coupon booklet. That has coupons for a multitude of various
businesses in the area. Could sell the coupon booklets for x amount of coins. Or QR codes for discounts at different businesses. A lot of people
have smart phones. Wallets now have android apps. With a little thought, has endless possibilities.
Just have to wait and see how things go forward from here.

Peace, Dennis
legendary
June 21, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
Hey, Vegas

I think you should use a variable POS in keeping with the Las Vegas spirit. Like LOTTO coin. Not to high, mind you, between 10%-!00%
on a yearly basis. And not based on network weight, so everyone gets a fair chance. We both know how whales take advantage of the smaller fish.
Once coin is up and running, probably would not be to hard to get listed at Cryptopia to start with. Also, I think the coin should be affordable for the masses.
We do not need billions of coins, but less than a million? Not so sure on that. Saturn squished down their coin amount, did not help keep the value up.
Another thing coin inflation can be somewhat controlled with difficulty fluctuations. Like HYP, TEK, and TRK. Also staking time can be used to control inflation.
Could also replicate the one arm bandit and get nothing on a stake amount from time to time. Well, maybe something, like 1%-100%
I will try and down load the wallet, and try to snag some from Comkort before they shut down.

Peace, Dennis

Keep in mind, it was mentioned a coin swap would be done if possible.

I would hate to see you waste much Bitcoin if it turned out not to be possible
Pages:
Jump to: