Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 118. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Ain't seen nothing yet... it's still the holidays. Ya'll do need to get contacting pools though.

I wrote on WeMineLTC's forum. It's a pretty long shot, but why not? Cheesy
legendary
@FAILCommunity
C'mon guys... 113.5 GH hashrate?! Its crazy...

Ain't seen nothing yet... it's still the holidays. Ya'll do need to get contacting pools though.

Believe me... I know what to expect and that is why I am very close to top 30. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

legendary
@FAILCommunity
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
After the network switched to merged mining there are many 'Conflicted' transactions appearing in my wallet.
What does this mean, and what can be the cause of this?
I use the latest wallet 10.6.3 64 bit.

Need more screenshots, I would prefer it off this forum because it's support.
Conflicted transactions a feature since Bitcoin 0.9 and have been enabled in Viacoin since inception:

You can read about it here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3669

and http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/22663/stuck-duplicate-transaction-in-bitcoinqt

Please send me an email or PM with screenshots, or better still come to #viacoin-dev on freenode
or log a ticket at github.

Most of the Conflicted transactions were resolved after some time, only a few remained.
I was mining at 1GH, probably some glitch during the transition.
At the moment everything is back to normal.
Activity: 713
Merit: 252
coinking gives you the option to convert to another coin or take the coin you are mining.. i am converting some and taking my via!
was working suchpool, but with merge mining, i switched to coinking as soon as it went live, had good luck with them before and my account was still active...

Thanks, I asked in IRC and got same answer from OP. So very believable Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
coinking gives you the option to convert to another coin or take the coin you are mining.. i am converting some and taking my via!
was working suchpool, but with merge mining, i switched to coinking as soon as it went live, had good luck with them before and my account was still active...
legendary

Really?  Shocked

Coin maturity is 24 hours, similar to Bitcoin which has a coin maturation of 100 blocks (which is the best part of a day).

Ah ok, didn't know that. Just wondered when I saw this. Thanks for explaining it.

Btw, merge mining VIA works nice at Coinking.io. New blocks arriving every few minutes.
Yes but does coinking pay out in via? I would like pay outs in the actual coins I amn mining. Do they do that ??

Ask on their IRC channel. Freenode #coinking
Activity: 713
Merit: 252

Really?  Shocked

Coin maturity is 24 hours, similar to Bitcoin which has a coin maturation of 100 blocks (which is the best part of a day).

Ah ok, didn't know that. Just wondered when I saw this. Thanks for explaining it.

Btw, merge mining VIA works nice at Coinking.io. New blocks arriving every few minutes.
Yes but does coinking pay out in via? I would like pay outs in the actual coins I am mining. Do they do that ??
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Really?  Shocked

[/quote]

Cryptsy never upgrades anything on time. Ever. It will be weeks later... That's Cryptsy for you.
[/quote]

yeah, I know, there pretty slow.... i do a little over there so I bugged them ...
legendary

Really?  Shocked

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
I dont think Cryptsy has updated yet either..

Cryptsy never upgrades anything on time. Ever. It will be weeks later... That's Cryptsy for you.
I dont think Cryptsy has updated yet either..
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
I can confirm everyone important on the network has already upgraded to 0.10.6.x like Bittrex, Bter, most pools, etc. etc.

FYI: could it be that Poloniex hasn't upgraded their Viacoin wallet yet?  (perhaps they fall in the "unimportant" category?)

I made a VIA deposit there yesterday that hasn't arrived yet (not even an indication of pending).

I've sent messages to their Trollbox, IRC channel, and opened a support request, but no answers yet.
legendary
After the network switched to merged mining there are many 'Conflicted' transactions appearing in my wallet.

Need more screenshots, I would prefer it off this forum because it's support.
Conflicted transactions a feature since Bitcoin 0.9 and have been enabled in Viacoin since inception:

You can read about it here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3669

and http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/22663/stuck-duplicate-transaction-in-bitcoinqt

Please send me an email or PM with screenshots, or better still come to #viacoin-dev on freenode
or log a ticket at github.
legendary
@FAILCommunity
I don't know if I must be happy (VIA's rising volume and price) or angry with current hashrate (less coins for me). Cheesy
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
So guys, what ya'll need to do is start contacting pools and ask them to add merged mining for Viacoin.
Pools that mine LTC almost invariably support merged mining and currently merge mine doggy with LTC.

merged mining allows an unlimited number of child coins with something like LTC etc as the parent.

So this needs grass roots, people to go sending emails, making tweets, getting on IRC channels. I've been doing it also.
You can get a good list of pools to inform here: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

Cool! more and more people will know Viacoin.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Jump to: