Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 122. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
@weedo84  You mentioned:  "Peter Todd does seem to like speaking about colored coins and Mastercoin but so much with Viacoin..."

This is EXCELLENT for the Viacoin protocol BC that's exactly what Clearinghouse is - a much faster meta-protocol with colored coins (and a notary...and CustodyChains...and much more to come).

Congrats to Drak and Peter Todd on your most recent developments in Viacoin.  Drak, when you get a chance, please give us a shout-out and update over on the Clearinghouse thread Smiley
Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Your points noted.   Even though you weren't entirely sure what I was asking, I feel very content with your response-  Because I see your passion in this coming through strongly (and github updates) and if I'm honest- its enough.  I'm sure I speak for most of us as I say this.

Thanks again,
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking that I havent already covered before. Peter is an advisor to Viacoin and many other projects. Like Viacoin, Peter is helping the crypto movement in general, because that's what's good for society. At no point is Viacoin intended to compete with Bitcoin but instead to compliment it. You will notice CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY + BIP65 was made to Bitcoin *on purpose* because it's something that is likely to benefit the entire ecosystem. As such why not get the best peer review and solution. It turns out we have implemented CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY before Bitcoin anyway, but it really makes no difference to me. If the feature is accepted to Bitcoin we'd merge it, and if not (because it was not appropriate for their model, or too disruptive for their ecosystem to introduce), we'd merge it anyway. It's a win win.  Viacoin is about providing a censorship free embedded consensus platform as well as being a faster currency. These are things that Bitcoin is not even interested in competing on. Bitcoin is a much slower moving project because of it's size and ecosystem. Viacoin can innovate much faster but even I *want* any innovations in Viacoin to be considered for merge to Bitcoin. I want to improve the ecosystem not splinter it. I do not see a world where any single product can gain 100% of the market. There is no question that Viacoin can become a bigger player.

The world gets better not by competing, but by sharing ideas and technology and by collaborating.

Peter is often trolled as the Chief Nay-Sayer but truth be said, he's just willing to say things without bias which may or may not seem unpleasant. He's has a very good eye for finding subtle problems. I think you can trust Peter far more than anyone for being honest and realistic rather shilling for their own interests and glossing over uncomfortable topics.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Hi there BtcDrak,

We appreciate your dev work in the past few months for Viacoin+ClearingHouse, along with your management of it, I also personally admire your approach, however, a few things we would appreciate you address as fundraisers of this project;

- With all-do respect to Peter Todd and yourself, it seems that he appears to me personally, in a state of avoidance of the Viacoin topic and appears unconvinced with what is being done with Viacoin OR possibly doesnt actually know what else is going on with it besides the stuff we all know in the blogs.  On more than 1 occasion he appears to want to jump out of the Viacoin topic.    As intelligent fundraisers of your wonderful project, why is that sir?

Watch this video for a small example.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5E-nuZTt-Y#t=12 minute 9:30

- I'm aware the Viacoin project isn't a company and you're not entitled to the things mentioned here, but we would love for you to comment on why Peter Tod mentioned in the video example that, in other words; he's getting paid to do research by Viacoin and he's going to benefit Bitcoin first and foremost.

Again, we mean this with good intentions, we would only like to know if you believe we're entitled to know a little about why a given title of Chief Scientist doesn't appear to be very convinced with it or aware of where Viacoin is going.  Because he does seem to like speaking about colored coins and Mastercoin but so much with Viacoin. I also could be putting too much weight on Peter Todd only if you yourself have withheld information from him on your project.

You might have a bigger picture in your mind about this, if so, please do share it.

Thanks very much,
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

That's really good, looking forward to seeing what develops with CHECKLOCKVERIFY demand for something that releases funds at a given time seems to have a fair amount of interest. Dnotes recently made yahoo financial news based around a vault wallet, trust funds etc.

At this rate, Gocoin could add Viacoin before too long .

Blocktrust utilizing Clearinghouse Notary sounds impressive although a closeup inspection makes it sound overly intrusive, restrictive and regulatory in nature, still nice application of Clearinghouse Notary that might suit some if not restrict others. Plus another messaging app SendChat how fun.
so many news about via, why the price is a bit low.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Hi all,

this https://github.com/petertodd/bips/blob/checklocktimeverify/bip-checklocktimeverify.mediawiki#trustless-payments-for-publishing-data
is very interesting imo.

What would be a use case for it? I thought about an ebay like auction actually. Are there existing services which utilize the PayPub protocol allready?
Activity: 840
why the price dropped to 3,
the version is still not stable ?

What do u mean? Roll Eyes

price dropped to 3? Version not stable?
Activity: 703
Merit: 500
why the price dropped to 3,
the version is still not stable ?
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
merge mining would rock
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Which pool supports merge mining?

the bigger question is what merge pool will allow payment in viacoin
Activity: 267
Which pool supports merge mining?
Activity: 614
Merit: 254

I get this on both 64 & 32 bit

Just hit ignore like i did. After rescan everything works fine  Smiley
Activity: 448
vialectrum server "not connected" ?
legendary

Did you refuse to reindex?

Nope it's a clean install there's nothing in AppData\Roaming

Edit: Installed the previous version so it created the AppData\Roaming files then ran the new version without problem.

Right, that error make sense only if you haven't reindexed the blockchain as instructed.
legendary

Did you refuse to reindex?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
I can confirm that tray icon doesn't show up. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64.
legendary
'Start Bitcoin on System Login'

ffs how many months old is this coin again?

startrekfacepalm.gif

moolah.lol - go away, you are not welcome here any more.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
'Start Bitcoin on System Login'

ffs how many months old is this coin again?

startrekfacepalm.gif
Jump to: