Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 119. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Coinking.io are now merged mining. I believe ipominer and multipool are also in the works.

Stated on the Ipominer site:

Dec 26 5:00 PM Viacoin forked and is currently disabled for mining and payouts until it can be resolved.

Yes, I contacted them: The network is fine, but any software clients that were not upgraded to 0.10.6.x have been left behind. This is because auxpow (merged mining) is a hard forking change so once the rules come into effect, old clients cannot proceed with the new rules. As I wrote in a previous post, most miners and all the important services like Bittrex, Bter etc upgraded before the network transitioned. It just happened a little sooner than expected.

My last communication with ipominer today is they will migrate to merged mining.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Coinking.io are now merged mining. I believe ipominer and multipool are also in the works.

Stated on the Ipominer site:

Dec 26 5:00 PM Viacoin forked and is currently disabled for mining and payouts until it can be resolved.
legendary

Great to hear.
Would be cool to get hash-to-coins and coinmine.pw on board, too.

both are viacoin miners, I dont think they have upgraded to MM yet. Please be active an encourage your favorite pools to upgrade: spend time in IRC, send email, etc.
Activity: 196

Great to hear.
Would be cool to get hash-to-coins and coinmine.pw on board, too.
legendary
Activity: 92
Merit: 10

I contacted richlist.eu, and they immediately updated... and sent me back notification stating such
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Net hash is climbing rapidly, so is difficulty, guess we will see what will come of the change..

Yeah... about 7-8 GH more than usual hashrate. If chinese pools add VIA it will become more rare than LTC. Cheesy
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Net hash is climbing rapidly, so is difficulty, guess we will see what will come of the change..
legendary
So guys, what ya'll need to do is start contacting pools and ask them to add merged mining for Viacoin.
Pools that mine LTC almost invariably support merged mining and currently merge mine doggy with LTC.

merged mining allows an unlimited number of child coins with something like LTC etc as the parent.

So this needs grass roots, people to go sending emails, making tweets, getting on IRC channels. I've been doing it also.
You can get a good list of pools to inform here: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools
legendary
Looking for Chinese speakers to contact http://ltc1btc.com/, and https://www.f2pool.com/ and let them know Viacoin can be merged mined with scrypt now. These are very large pools and would be awesome for Viacoin's network security. If they agree to add it I also need an email contact to let them know about upgrades if necessary.
legendary
Hi,
I think ipominer is on fork, I wrote message on the Ipominer bitcointalk account, but as it is festive season he may not check it, so if someone knows the way how to contact him faster, it may help, as most of the hash is all the time on via, and if it is fork, will be wasted.

It appeared they havent upgraded yet.  I usually talk to them on IRC on ##ipominer (freenode)
Oki, it looks like he get the message some way, as mine unconfirmed was just zeroed.

Ya I got him on DM via twitter.
Activity: 150
Hi,
I think ipominer is on fork, I wrote message on the Ipominer bitcointalk account, but as it is festive season he may not check it, so if someone knows the way how to contact him faster, it may help, as most of the hash is all the time on via, and if it is fork, will be wasted.

It appeared they havent upgraded yet.  I usually talk to them on IRC on ##ipominer (freenode)
Oki, it looks like he get the message some way, as mine unconfirmed was just zeroed.
legendary
Hi,

Activity: 150
Hi,
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
soooo... any pools merge mining yet?  Roll Eyes

2 so far. Everyone else is enjoying their holidays.

Which 2 pools allow us to merge mine LTC/VIA at the moment?

I've been mining VIA non stop from the beginning even at a loss because I want to support the block chain.
It would be nice to get some profit out of it with merged mining.

The only pool I know the ID of is http://bemining.net/ the other is mining with but I dont know which pool it is.

Thanks, I will take a look over there.

legendary

I've been mining VIA non stop from the beginning even at a loss because I want to support the block chain.

The only pool I know the ID of is http://bemining.net/ the other is mining with but I dont know which pool it is.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250

legendary
Drak Cointelegraph have shown an interest in running a press release, if I email something could you check it over edit as necessary so I can get over to them ASAP?

Sure. You have my address
legendary

Jump to: