Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform - page 17. (Read 7402 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 1
February 10, 2018, 10:09:49 AM
Explain pls, for what will people get money at your platform? For videos, for views? For subscribers?
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 08:08:42 AM
I do not understand what is decentralization? than it specifically will be different for example from the instagram? there are pictures and videos. Everything is fast and without advertising. Explain.
February 10, 2018, 07:16:01 AM
yes, if you will realize your idea, it can be a grandiose project of world level.
Your team looks strong and prepared, I think you can do it!
Do you think it will be able to compete with Youtube in the future? Huh
I think it will not be possible to compete with the YouTube for a long time, because YouTube has been developing for a decade, millions of users, billions of views. Hype, money, advertising - everything is there. Luring flighters to another platform will be problematic. But over time, everything can change when people understand that there is a service without advertising, without garbage, without waiting. Where everyone shares their stories without any problems.
I don’t t thinkso, now people willingly support something new, if it is worthy of it. If the developers make a really interesting product - success is assured. Now everyone is filming a video, it's just a hype - to shoot all around. So if Viewly will do it comfortably - then the competition is guaranteed.
Activity: 334
February 10, 2018, 06:00:18 AM
yes, if you will realize your idea, it can be a grandiose project of world level.
I think it will not be possible to compete with the YouTube for a long time, because YouTube has been developing for a decade, millions of users, billions of views. Hype, money, advertising - everything is there. Luring flighters to another platform will be problematic. But over time, everything can change when people understand that there is a service without advertising, without garbage, without waiting. Where everyone shares their stories without any problems.
Activity: 350
February 10, 2018, 05:21:04 AM
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 02:42:13 AM
Looks like an interesting project! How do you feel about rolling out your own coin, instead of relying on the Ethereum network for token distribution? I certainly won't invest if it's an Ethereum token, because there are way too many of them already, and I don't like Ethereum.

I think if there is your own coin on the blockchain, this can also be used as an incentive payment method for content creators later, so you'll need your own blockchain+coin anyway. Why not distribute those coins in an ICO right away to the ICO investors?

Also please consider switching to Slack or Discord, not everybody has a mobile phone to join the Telegram platform. Slack and Discord also work on mobile, but don't require a phone number.

"Selling pressure", as you are noting it in your whitepaper, certainly won't be a problem if you make a PoS coin with 5% per year, for example. It is an incentive for people to run nodes on the network, which in turn could also be used for CDN functionality etc.

Hello Gandalf86 , thank you for your interest in Viewly.

We will likely be shipping on Ethereum before EOS, however we are very interested in switching to a more scalable solution in the upcoming years.

-----
One question from a community member could apply here also:
"how long will the VIEW token be an ERC-20 ETH token? Will it convert to a coin if y'all decide to build your own chain? What would it be if it is decided to use EOS chain?"

--r:
We have a few mechanisms for switching to EOS. Its a bit trickier when tokens are held by 3rd parties, but still doable.
One potential solution is a proof of burn contract, where users can destroy their ERC-20 tokens and register the EOS address atomically. Then, the tokens are minted to the registered address in 1:1 basis on EOS chain.
-----

The latest information is that:
1. Tokens will be minted into the contributors wallets after the tokensale has concluded up to 7 days after AML check.
2. Tokens will become liquid up to 7 days after the tokensale has finished.
February 10, 2018, 02:35:31 AM
That sounds good. But where will all these videos be stored? Will the content be free for viewing, or should I forcibly sacrifice the author to see his work?

Hello Nijeltheboss , thank you for your inquiry.

The developers are in the process of refreshing the Alpha, and  are working on Viewly Demo.

At this point video files are stored on IPFS. All video content will be free to watch but there is one monetization option which content creators could take advantage of in the sense that they could also create private channels for their most loyal fans.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
February 09, 2018, 07:33:41 PM
February 09, 2018, 07:16:53 PM
For me is not very clear the situation with advertising? because now many people make good money on it, both the form and the users) Huh
Activity: 322
February 09, 2018, 06:06:34 PM
The idea is very interesting! Now TV is moving to the second level, and media platforms are gaining more and more attention)) I have not yet seen such an interesting view on this direction. I will be sure to follow the project and its development! I would like to see more information on the forum ...
Good luck, guys! Cool
Activity: 322
February 09, 2018, 05:54:17 PM
Wow, very interesting idea! But if i upload a video to the Viewly - where it will be saved? If it decentralized platform - it must be saved in my device only. Or not?
Activity: 326
February 09, 2018, 05:08:10 PM
That sounds good. But where will all these videos be stored? Will the content be free for viewing, or should I forcibly sacrifice the author to see his work?
February 05, 2018, 05:37:53 PM
It’s Super Bowl week and we have some SUPER prizes for our Community Lucky Draw #6 winners! This week, the largest amount to date of our beloved community got involved in the drawing. As a thank you, we awarded a grand total of 10 winners with 500 VIEW tokens each! We would like to say thank you to everyone who participated and to make sure that you enter yourself in time for next week’s Lucky Draw, which starts on 5th of February at 00:00 CET and ends on the February 9th at 11:59pm CET. 🎉

To check out who won visit our Medium blog and read the full post by clicking here: http://bit.ly/ViewlyLuckyDraw6BTC

Our Community Lucky Draw is an ongoing event in which each week we award prizes (each valued at a predetermined number of VIEW tokens) to the best community discussion/Twitter mentions as well as links posted inside or outside of our channels. More than 11,000 VIEW tokens have been won so far! 🏆

Whitelisting is up! Make sure you apply on time and don’t miss out: https://view.ly/
Activity: 37
Great article from the first bounty winner of the new batch

https://coinobserver.io/look-out-youtube-viewly-has-a-plan-to-poach-your-creators/
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Viewly ICO project is now listed on my site Bl4nkcode ICO list, you can view the listing here https://bl4nkcode.info/ico/listing/viewly, and I have made some social media posts about the project, to those who support this project you can share, like, tweet this;
Tweet: https://twitter.com/bL4nkcode/status/958292829452713984
Insta: https://www.instagram.com/p/BemP10Elo5b

-Bl4nkcode
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Hello Gandalf, a lot of these questions can be answered by our developers, please take a moment and visit our Telegram channel and ask them . Thank you
As for the Discord part I will propose it to the rest of te team. Thank you again for taking the time to read our thread.

Well I don't have a smartphone for privacy reasons, so I cannot use the so called "private" Telegram...  Grin

Maybe you can convince your developers to join this forum and answer some questions here, or you could just copy & paste their answer?
Activity: 55
Thanks for this, Youtube definitely needs a competitor and what better way for a decentralized one utilizing blockchain.

I also have an idea - add live streaming to viewly!

I would love that, too !
Looks like an interesting project! How do you feel about rolling out your own coin, instead of relying on the Ethereum network for token distribution? I certainly won't invest if it's an Ethereum token, because there are way too many of them already, and I don't like Ethereum.

I think if there is your own coin on the blockchain, this can also be used as an incentive payment method for content creators later, so you'll need your own blockchain+coin anyway. Why not distribute those coins in an ICO right away to the ICO investors?

Also please consider switching to Slack or Discord, not everybody has a mobile phone to join the Telegram platform. Slack and Discord also work on mobile, but don't require a phone number.

"Selling pressure", as you are noting it in your whitepaper, certainly won't be a problem if you make a PoS coin with 5% per year, for example. It is an incentive for people to run nodes on the network, which in turn could also be used for CDN functionality etc.

Any answers?  Huh

Hello Gandalf, a lot of these questions can be answered by our developers, please take a moment and visit our Telegram channel and ask them . Thank you
As for the Discord part I will propose it to the rest of te team. Thank you again for taking the time to read our thread.
I've been hearing a lot of FUD from early investors. I hope the Viewly team addresses this and finds a way to make this whole ICO process fair for everyone.

Hi Andi, I would like to ask you to email stefan ( at } view.ly if you have any concerns. Thank you !
Guys, are there real users posting videos? Sorry it was asked in the thread but I couldnt get the answer..

Hello altcrazy, we have our alpha which at this point is depircated and he development team is workijg on the next stage of the product.
Yes, all videos posted there are posted by real people as far as I am aware. Please join our Telegram group and chat more.
Pages:
Jump to: