Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform - page 12. (Read 7402 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 11:50:45 AM
Nice idea! There are a few more video platforms. But competition is healthy, so the more the merryer.
I'll keep an eye on this. Good luck with the project!

Thank you klofanwik!

Yes, without a healthy competition there would be no progress in any area.

Here are some other snippets of information :
Allows ads   No
User friendly   Yes
Video Marketplace   Yes
Moderation/Flags   Community based
Social economy   Yes ( likes, comments, etc)

Pretty scanty information ... Sad
Activity: 55
February 15, 2018, 11:34:52 AM
Nice idea! There are a few more video platforms. But competition is healthy, so the more the merryer.

Thank you klofanwik!

Yes, without a healthy competition there would be no progress in any area.

Here are some other snippets of information :
Allows ads   No
User friendly   Yes
Video Marketplace   Yes
Moderation/Flags   Community based
Social economy   Yes ( likes, comments, etc)
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
February 15, 2018, 06:28:11 AM
If you are obsessed with the Champions League this week, then you will surely be glad to hear about our own Viewly Community Champions - the winners of the Community Lucky Draw #7! We are really glad to have awesome supporters like yourselves “championing” Viewly!

To check out who won, visit our Medium blog and read the full post here: http://bit.ly/ViewlyLuckyDraw7BTC 🎉

Our Community Lucky Draw is an ongoing event in which each week we award prizes (each valued at a predetermined number of VIEW tokens) to the best community discussion/Twitter mentions as well as links posted inside or outside of our channels. More than 11,000 VIEW tokens have been won so far! 🏆

Whitelisting is up! Make sure you apply on time and don’t miss out: https://view.ly/
February 15, 2018, 05:46:07 AM
How will the censorship process be implemented in the application? Huh
Activity: 112
February 15, 2018, 03:10:36 AM
 very interesting project with working small prototype application to understand in real time how this decentralized steaming going to work.ill  will watch it
Activity: 350
February 14, 2018, 05:09:11 PM
In the end, the most popular will be only one. The rest will go to the background.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 05:06:28 PM
The Project is going after interesting purposes, so the hype is very attractive.
Activity: 39
February 14, 2018, 04:59:24 PM
Activity: 377
February 14, 2018, 04:47:34 PM
haha, but in fact the truth. How will you control the banned and propaganda videos? Don’t t you think that sooner or later this technology will be taken under the control of the authorities?
I think, like on any other Internet resource, there will be a moderator here. Do you think that the world has completely lost its mind? Not by that much...))
The most important thing is that people will have freedom of speech. Their videos will not be banned for security reasons. You can shoot and show anything. You can express your opinion and stand up for your position.
I agree. I don't see a need for moderator who would ban videos. If you want nice cartoons without violence and music videos, go to youtube or watch TV. Internet should be open.
You can simply put a warning to those videos with explicit content and user needs to click, Yes I am over 18. There are few exceptions of course like CP and other deep web stuff.

Maybe that's just my vision. If Viewly wants to copy YouTube and ban every other video, that is an option but I am not a fan of this idea.
I fully support. Except, of course, completely inappropriate content.
Politics, religion and other exciting topics should be discussed openly. Why we can't share our point of view with people? Why we're limited in this? Not authorities have created this world, it's not for them to decide for us.
Activity: 94
February 14, 2018, 04:46:45 PM
That sounds good. Such a project can change the idea of video hosting. The absence of corporations will make the platform interesting for ordinary users.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 129
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
February 14, 2018, 04:41:25 PM
haha, but in fact the truth. How will you control the banned and propaganda videos? Don’t t you think that sooner or later this technology will be taken under the control of the authorities?
I think, like on any other Internet resource, there will be a moderator here. Do you think that the world has completely lost its mind? Not by that much...))
The most important thing is that people will have freedom of speech. Their videos will not be banned for security reasons. You can shoot and show anything. You can express your opinion and stand up for your position.
I agree. I don't see a need for moderator who would ban videos. If you want nice cartoons without violence and music videos, go to youtube or watch TV. Internet should be open.
You can simply put a warning to those videos with explicit content and user needs to click, Yes I am over 18. There are few exceptions of course like CP and other deep web stuff.

Maybe that's just my vision. If Viewly wants to copy YouTube and ban every other video, that is an option but I am not a fan of this idea.
Activity: 326
February 14, 2018, 04:33:27 PM
February 14, 2018, 03:47:49 PM
Activity: 364
February 14, 2018, 01:26:27 PM
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
February 14, 2018, 01:12:41 PM
Hello tiCeR, thanks for the question.

The seed sale was ongoing in October and the hard cap was reached. There is a presale for strategic contributors that's ongoing at the moment until the 19th February - above 100 ETH. Then on the 20th and on the 21st February there will be a presale for whitelisted contributors - above 5 ETH. The public token sale starts on the 22nd February and it will last until the hard cap has been reached or until the 22nd March.

Videos are not stored on the blockchain, you actually only store the information regarding transactions and that relates to videos (hashes, etc). The technology is advancing.

Interesting. I am not sure if I understand how your platform works if videos are not stored on the blockchain. If someone creates a video and someone else wants to see it, does that other person have to pay for it and that transaction gets recorded on the blockchain? And then, how does the other person access that video if it's not stored on either a central server like Youtube provides or on a blockchain? Does that person need access to the producers computer?

The blockchain only stores pointers (the hashes) to the locations of the videos i.e. the VIEW hosts. The decentralized CDN (content delivery network - that serves videos) means essentially that anyone can host videos and be part of the Viewly network. Whether its one person making use of their home internet upload capacity when they're not using it or professional CDN's, they all treated as nodes in the network and yes some will be more capable than others and will set for theselves a higher VIEW token price for use. The centrality is only the blockchain itself that points to where videos are.

That explains it, thank you. Is there any sort of censorship involved or can anyone offer anything via your blockchain? But wait, it wouldn't probably be smart to offer illegal content via your platform because the hash pointer will be stored permanently. They could do it via Tor though.
February 14, 2018, 12:55:20 PM
If this isn’t a social network - but what is it? Suppose I uploaded a video, can I set the price for viewing?
Activity: 255
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 12:30:59 PM
Everything looks fine, BUT. What if you don't earn enough money without advertising? What if subscribers can't pay a lot? The bulk of bloggers now receive money only through advertising ...
This is interesting...
This is interesting - Run by the people, for the people, is the best time the video makers and bloggers that there aim to give information to viewers, my only question is how to control the platform against video maker trying create videos that are not good for the viewers?
February 14, 2018, 12:23:52 PM
Guys, why this project should be interesting to me, as a blogger? How is it better than usual Youtube?
Full freedom of speech, your content isn’t t controlled by anyone, and you control the monetization of your publications.  Smiley
Merit: 1
February 14, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Guys, why this project should be interesting to me, as a blogger? How is it better than usual Youtube?
Activity: 13
February 14, 2018, 10:16:09 AM
great
Pages:
Jump to: