Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform - page 22. (Read 7402 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Good concept.  YouTube has begun a serious censorship campaign the last few months by way of de-monetizing any content it (or its bots) deems inappropriate.   Ad revenue for many YouTubers has plummeted, and many are in desperate need of an alternative means to get their content out there with the possibility of making money.  I hope Viewly can live up to the need it has the enormous potential to fill.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
100 Million is a respectable quantity of coin supply.  With Bitcoin at 21 Million, I look at this amount (5x that) and see a positive investment on top of a promising team.  In terms of the chain it will live on, EOS is an awesome idea. I have not seen a large scale project come forward and talk about building on top of EOS.  I’ve slowed my ICO activity a lot since Gnosis, but I would buy in. Long term hold.  It’s going to take a minute to get this plane off the ground.
Activity: 1
And how will streamers be paid? Will it be for clicks on each video, followers? In case they will be paid with tokens, correct?

Yes, the nodes will be paid with VIEW tokens based on availability and storage of videos
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
this looks really interesting, youtube should be already decentralized and stop the censorship
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 01:44:43 PM
And how will streamers be paid? Will it be for clicks on each video, followers? In case they will be paid with tokens, correct?
Activity: 19
September 27, 2017, 01:29:35 PM

100 million
[/quote]

Thanks for the Reply Viewly!!
Activity: 124
September 27, 2017, 06:16:02 AM
On Youtube one of the existing problems is anyone can use anyone's content with little changes at start and start earning. Do you have any plan to combat this issue and content of anyone should remain sole property of original creator to earn honest and well ?

Plagiarism should be less of a problem on Viewly, as the monetization is largely influenced by building of a personal brand and a community.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 05:49:37 AM
On Youtube one of the existing problems is anyone can use anyone's content with little changes at start and start earning. Do you have any plan to combat this issue and content of anyone should remain sole property of original creator to earn honest and well ?
September 27, 2017, 05:37:06 AM
Same Question people asked before......WHAT IS THE TOTAL SUPPLY!!?Huh?!?!?!? It's not in the Whitepaper!!!

100 million
Activity: 19
September 24, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
Same Question people asked before......WHAT IS THE TOTAL SUPPLY!!?Huh?!?!?!? It's not in the Whitepaper!!!
Activity: 11
September 19, 2017, 02:48:59 AM
A great project and verified:
https://www.verifiedicos.com/ico/viewly

Looking forward to the progress, been using their alpha for a few weeks now. They have no definite ICO date yet but will be participating!
Activity: 5
September 08, 2017, 11:12:15 AM
I've been following this project (and it's rivals) for a while and I believe Viewly has the greatest chance of success among the decentralized video projects. So far it's the only platform I've found that is both properly decentralized as well as taking steps to combat the major potential downfall of such projects - such as copyright violation.

It remains to be seen whether it can scale to rival the big guns of video, but even if it doesn't it has the potential to provide a much needed home for content creators that don't have thousands of followers.
September 08, 2017, 01:47:58 AM
i was always told---
when you Dream-- Dream Big!
going after youtube's shares is not a really sound approach!

I think the odds of Viewly replacing YouTube are very slim, but that is OK, because the meaningfulness and the size of the creator segment we're targeting is full-filling enough.
September 08, 2017, 01:44:50 AM
Can you give us any information on the Token Sale or their use case? I am always willing to invest in a promising project if I can find a way to get my money back.  Cool

Monetization models for creators:
 - Private Channels (like Netflix or Spotify)
 - Recurring Patreonage (for perks, status, commerce)
 - Frictionless Micropayments (as an upvote or like)
 - Sponsorships

Token flows:
Businesses -> Content creators
Viewers -> Content Creators
Content Creators -> Decentralized Storage/CDN Providers and Oracles

The token flows need to be tight, to avoid unnecessary market pressure.

There are plenty of tokens above $100M mkt cap with no users, or use cases other than speculation.
We hope to bring crypto to non-technical people, and address the problems in the UGC space that have been bothering us for years.
Activity: 394
Merit: 14
September 08, 2017, 01:40:59 AM
i was always told---
when you Dream-- Dream Big!
going after youtube's shares is not a really sound approach!
September 08, 2017, 01:33:48 AM
are you sure you can compete with youtube?
what is the advantage if using your platform?

I see all the advantages of your platform already on youtube. the only thing I see youtube is just not using blockchain technology and I don't think it's necessary

and if viewed from the amount of traffic youtube seems to be difficult to run your platform

I would encourage you to read the monetization models part of the whitepaper.

The theory behind Viewly is that while ads work reasonably well for celebrities (with millions of viewers), they don't scale as well to most niches, despite the high quality content creators and their loyal viewers.

We are highly focused on this segment, allowing quality content creators to supplement, or perhaps in many cases supersede their YT income.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Genesis Team™
September 07, 2017, 10:38:24 PM
Can you give us any information on the Token Sale or their use case? I am always willing to invest in a promising project if I can find a way to get my money back.  Cool
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
September 07, 2017, 10:29:27 PM
are you sure you can compete with youtube?
what is the advantage if using your platform?

I see all the advantages of your platform already on youtube. the only thing I see youtube is just not using blockchain technology and I don't think it's necessary

and if viewed from the amount of traffic youtube seems to be difficult to run your platform
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
September 07, 2017, 10:34:28 PM
Apart from the app being based on blockchain whatelse can  really make you a big time competitor of youtube?
September 07, 2017, 12:33:23 PM
Will viewly be its own blockchain or running off EOS/Steem/Eth?

Excellent question.

Originally we planned to build Viewly as a fork of Steem, however the most likely path for the time being is for Viewly to be hosted on an existing chain with large distribution / network effect.
There are some trade-offs here, between liquidity and technical suitability for the problems at hand.

Given the retail nature of the project, the blockchain part needs to be abstracted away from the end user.
So in the end, as long as liquidity and a bridge between conventional means and crypto are in place, it won't matter much.
Pages:
Jump to: