Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [VITE] [DAG + Smart Contract] Vite | Asynchronous Architecture - page 17. (Read 30983 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
guys I like the project and the website, but please, it's 2019 and having a smart contracts tech project on a website without https is to say at least unprofessional. it's free and doesn't cost anything!

yes I did just write vite.org on my browser Smiley all good
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
guys I like the project and the website, but please, it's 2019 and having a smart contracts tech project on a website without https is to say at least unprofessional. it's free and doesn't cost anything!

Which website do you mean? All official websites related to Vite (main site, wiki, forum, etc) use https. Either you landed on a Vite fake site or you accidently opened http and Vite did not set up to force a forward to https.

Vite surprized me. In this market project shows not bad chart statistic and I think that Vite has a future.

At the current state, Vite can not really be compared to other projects. Only a part of the coins (only ERC20 tokens not native tokens) are tradable. So the main part is not tradable at the moment, therefore the characteristics of the Vite market does not tell much.
Activity: 27
Activity: 9
Pretty interesting project. I visited the website and seeing many members interacting each other and like freedom of speech. I think this project will become famous soon.
Activity: 2
Merit: 1
I love the concept.

The only thing that worries me is an architecture that is based on EVM. How much does this make the project dependent on development of Ethereum?

Thinking about business, it's never very good to depend on the development on a competitor and VITE is a competitor of Ethereum.

Can someone from the team give some feedback on this?
Vite also has a virtual machine, however, we are very different from Ethereum. First, we have a asynchronous architecture, whereas Ethereum is synchronous. Second, we use DPoS algorithm, which is very different to Ethereum's proof of work but more similar to EOS. Our smart contract programming language is called solidity++, which is 90% competible with solidity. The resaon of having solidity++ is Ethereum has the biggest developer community. We want to eliminate barriers for developing Dapps on Vite.

thanks for the answer. what troubles me is that if Ethereum decides to change something in their EVM or solidity and you want to be compatible then you need to change things too that may not be possible etc. being compatible is quite tricky with fast moving projects.

The meaning of Vite VM is compatible with EVM is, solidity ++ shares the same syntax with solidity. On programming level, it is easier to develop in solidity ++ if you know how to develop in solidity. However, the asynchronous architecture makes Vite VM very different to EVM on infrastructure level. That means, Vite can still decide to change or not when solidity is updated. But it's unlikely to happen that solidity changes its whole syntax.

Besides, we acknowledge that solidity is not very well developed. Ethereum is developing Ewasm to be an alternative of solidity. Vite Labs is also doing research on that. Just like what you said, projects are moving so fast. So there will be new solutions to solve old problems, instead of old problems solving themselves.

you seem to be part of the team. I couldn't find target tps for the project. do you plan to use the mainchain for everything or scalability through sidechains?

Yes I am. We haven't tested our TPS yet. We want to do this when the network is more stable, maybe after we launch the MainNet. Currently, we don't have a plan to use side-chain. Vite uses a DAG-based ledger and (H)DPoS consensus to solve scalability problem.
Activity: 924
Merit: 11
Vite surprized me. In this market project shows not bad chart statistic and I think that Vite has a future.
copper member
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I recommend the project to a friend and advised him to download the wallet app to start with some VITE airdrops. He did so (Android wallet). Today he asked me why the app is asking him to allow access to calls and video chats when requesting airdrops by clicking on the button in the app. I could not answer that question because I used iOS and it was not asked here. Could it be that this is a bug in the software? I think it's strange if a wallet app wants to have access to the call functions.

This is used to prevent fraudsters, those who will change their imei / id to get an unlimited number of airdrops.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
I recommend the project to a friend and advised him to download the wallet app to start with some VITE airdrops. He did so (Android wallet). Today he asked me why the app is asking him to allow access to calls and video chats when requesting airdrops by clicking on the button in the app. I could not answer that question because I used iOS and it was not asked here. Could it be that this is a bug in the software? I think it's strange if a wallet app wants to have access to the call functions.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
I love the concept.

The only thing that worries me is an architecture that is based on EVM. How much does this make the project dependent on development of Ethereum?

Thinking about business, it's never very good to depend on the development on a competitor and VITE is a competitor of Ethereum.

Vite also has a virtual machine, however, we are very different from Ethereum. First, we have a asynchronous architecture, whereas Ethereum is synchronous. Second, we use DPoS algorithm, which is very different to Ethereum's proof of work but more similar to EOS. Our smart contract programming language is called solidity++, which is 90% competible with solidity. The resaon of having solidity++ is Ethereum has the biggest developer community. We want to eliminate barriers for developing Dapps on Vite.

thanks for the answer. what troubles me is that if Ethereum decides to change something in their EVM or solidity and you want to be compatible then you need to change things too that may not be possible etc. being compatible is quite tricky with fast moving projects.

The meaning of Vite VM is compatible with EVM is, solidity ++ shares the same syntax with solidity. On programming level, it is easier to develop in solidity ++ if you know how to develop in solidity. However, the asynchronous architecture makes Vite VM very different to EVM on infrastructure level. That means, Vite can still decide to change or not when solidity is updated. But it's unlikely to happen that solidity changes its whole syntax.

Besides, we acknowledge that solidity is not very well developed. Ethereum is developing Ewasm to be an alternative of solidity. Vite Labs is also doing research on that. Just like what you said, projects are moving so fast. So there will be new solutions to solve old problems, instead of old problems solving themselves.

you seem to be part of the team. I couldn't find target tps for the project. do you plan to use the mainchain for everything or scalability through sidechains?
Activity: 2
I love the concept.

I love the concept.

copper member
I love the concept.

If you have the programming language solidity++, does that mean you extended the solidity and made some improvements?

Yes, correct.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 520
Cashback 15%
I love the concept.

If you have the programming language solidity++, does that mean you extended the solidity and made some improvements?
copper member
Fantom claims it is world's first DAG based smart contract platform.But i can see VITE already has smart contract in testnet and in the developmental side fantom is behind in comparison to VITE.Although both project's roadmap says mainnet will come in Q3.Does vite have plans to gain the first mover advantage(DAG+Smart contract)?

We don’t really follow other projects and with what speed they move, we prefer to look after ourselves and fulfill our goals and objectives. Vite builds its ecosystem and development in all directions is important for us.

I love the concept.

I love the concept.

Activity: 102
Fantom claims it is world's first DAG based smart contract platform.But i can see VITE already has smart contract in testnet and in the developmental side fantom is behind in comparison to VITE.Although both project's roadmap says mainnet will come in Q3.Does vite have plans to gain the first mover advantage(DAG+Smart contract)?
copper member
What about the Valentine´s day promo. Have you sent all tokens to people who won?
I thought that I will get real VITE coins and not only some points to your store  Roll Eyes.
Hello, VCP tokens have been sent. They can be spent in our store http://global.vite.store/  Smiley

The Revolution of DEX ? ViteX
ViteX, a true decentralized exchange will be launched soon!

https://forum.vite.net/topic/925/the-revolution-of-dex-vitex
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
What about the Valentine´s day promo. Have you sent all tokens to people who won?
I thought that I will get real VITE coins and not only some points to your store  Roll Eyes.
copper member
When was this project added to Bittrex?

Have the team been working closely with the Nano devs to help refine the DAG protocol?

- VITE was listed on the Bittrex on 15/01/19
- We do not work with Nano.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
When was this project added to Bittrex?

Have the team been working closely with the Nano devs to help refine the DAG protocol?
Pages:
Jump to: