Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [VNL]- VanillaCoin.net [ New WhirlpoolX Algo ] - page 12. (Read 26100 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
Mining on the coin is exploding. People are noticing. It would be great if this thread could replace the old ANN thread in search engines. If anyone can submit this or do that it would be appreciated.  Meanwhile keep mining, as the coins are harder to get, keep spreading the word, and post and grow this thread. Can't wait to see what the exchanges will bring.

Locked the thread in the miners section. This should act like the one and only thread for VNL from now.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Mining on the coin is exploding. People are noticing. It would be great if this thread could replace the old ANN thread in search engines. If anyone can submit this or do that it would be appreciated.  Meanwhile keep mining, as the coins are harder to get, keep spreading the word, and post and grow this thread. Can't wait to see what the exchanges will bring.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov
What about Nvidia miner ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Exchange and popcorn time.

vanilla popcorn flavor, this could be fun.
Activity: 829
Exchange and popcorn time.
legendary
180 BPM
this coin need exchanger badlym, 3 month without one is weird  Huh

and I myself identified a PoW bug that allowed me to generate guaranteed blocks during the "solo" period that promised me 5-6 blocks per hour on each wallet, using the built in wallet CPU miner (unoptimized). This exploit existed for weeks on end, and then was patched out in late January.

wow..you exploited a PoW bug for weeks and you didn`t report of it when you found it? and then you cry for unfairness now?

The dev insisted such things were impossible. I shit you not you can go read it in his forums, he's insane. So who am I to prove him wrong? Plus it was pretty obvious he was orchestrating a one-sided advantage for himself the entire time, so what do you expect me to do? And I did report it, to a couple friends. Smiley

Also I fucking *stumbled* onto it because of his constant Mandatory Updates, I didn't even go looking for it. Basically if you closed the wallet, restarted it, and started mining, you were guaranteed a block within like 5 minutes. Like clockwork. Every time. Rinse and repeat or automate it for maximum effect. Coins were all legit and on the main chain, the only time it failed was when the blocks would orphan due to John-Connor increasing the block generation to like 10x the normal rate. Gee I wonder who was getting all those coins.  Roll Eyes

I was never banned for consensus, I never mined with more than 3 CPUs, most of the time only 2. I got banned for complaining too often that the coin was centralized and being sarcastic in tone. Also - I'm not really crying. If I have a gripe it's mostly that the dumkoff dev didn't capitalize on his unique codebase before he egregiously fleeced the early mining periods for a crazy number of weeks. Go grab a calculator and compare the current supply to the release schedule and blocktimes etc, off to a great start amirite? If I'm bitter it's only because I wanted to dump a long time ago cause I ain't even fudding, this is just facts - you think this thing has legs with the current state of how PoW went? Good luck. I'll watch the inevitable clones closely though, because unique codebases are great hype material.

Coin has an 500+ diff now, became ultra popular and you potentially have a huge stash due to a bug and you want to fud it so your stash becomes worthless.

Totally legit guys.

Give him a positive trust rating, he is a hero sacrificing his free BTC for the greater good, because that is how the internet works.

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

and I myself identified a PoW bug that allowed me to generate guaranteed blocks during the "solo" period that promised me 5-6 blocks per hour on each wallet, using the built in wallet CPU miner (unoptimized). This exploit existed for weeks on end, and then was patched out in late January.

wow..you exploited a PoW bug for weeks and you didn`t report of it when you found it? and then you cry for unfairness now?
legendary
180 BPM

It's been highly centralized by the creator since inception, it wasn't open source for the first 2 months. Even now the full source isn't available, for instance for the wallet binaries. I think the linux wallet still has some RPC issues too? Not sure, got banned from his forums for asking these types of questions haha. Exchanges aren't too keen on centralized coins.

IMO this coin is a mining exploit, the dev has had an optimized/GPU miner from the get go, and I myself identified a PoW bug that allowed me to generate guaranteed blocks during the "solo" period that promised me 5-6 blocks per hour on each wallet, using the built in wallet CPU miner (unoptimized). This exploit existed for weeks on end, and then was patched out in late January. There were also several periods where the block time was literally 1/10th what it should be, sustained, for hours on end - suspiciously this happened after short-notice "mandatory updates" where the network peers dropped significantly. He claimed this was "normal" and the network adjusting - but as it was, by 2 months in, we had generated 4x the amount of coins that should've been generated by that time - so clearly it wasn't "normal". There were also at least 20 times, no joke, 20 times, that he issued a "mandatory update" where we had to move to a new wallet version (still fully closed source at the time) to continue mining. During this time he was manually adjusting PoW and PoS constraints, turning on/off PoW at various times. He also insists the coin has never hard forked. So figure that one out.

Be verrrrry careful with this one. Tons of dumps coming when an exchange does open. Make your money and get out, IMO.
+10000
you took the words right out of my mouth

i also mining  from the start ...with 20+ update and alway on a wrong chain..

I rarely forked to a bad chain, and if I did I just found the answer to my problems on the forum. Maybe your just not good at this?

Also you guys forget that this started out as an alpha software, it had bugs for sure. John has proven that he proven the ability to code, he did a coin from scratch with a lot of work put into it and some nice features to be able and limit people gaming the system. Some may have done it for sure, but all I know is that I could solo mine with a 6 core amd cpu and I can not say this for the other 99% of the coins launched in the past year or so.

The reason you guys are crying is either that you were kicked out of the network by the concensus system implemented or you simply didn't follow the forums on a daily basis (I've refreshed it like 15x every day to find fixes/updates/whatever). Satoshi solomined BTC for ages, obviously John solo mined it from start.

Everything in crypto can end as a scam with mostly anon devs, but atleast this needed a good amount of coding, ill take my chances.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://vnl.suprnova.cc/ is in beta now. Please support him, he makes great pools. VNL code is new and unique so that's the reason for beta.

You can now safely join the beta test, everything should be fine, payouts are confirmed to be working, tell me if you have any trouble.

I think there's something wrong with your pool. Can you check?

Already on it Smiley

Cool. Thanks.

Everything is fixed now, thanks for your patience.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's been highly centralized by the creator since inception, it wasn't open source for the first 2 months. Even now the full source isn't available, for instance for the wallet binaries. I think the linux wallet still has some RPC issues too? Not sure, got banned from his forums for asking these types of questions haha. Exchanges aren't too keen on centralized coins.

IMO this coin is a mining exploit, the dev has had an optimized/GPU miner from the get go, and I myself identified a PoW bug that allowed me to generate guaranteed blocks during the "solo" period that promised me 5-6 blocks per hour on each wallet, using the built in wallet CPU miner (unoptimized). This exploit existed for weeks on end, and then was patched out in late January. There were also several periods where the block time was literally 1/10th what it should be, sustained, for hours on end - suspiciously this happened after short-notice "mandatory updates" where the network peers dropped significantly. He claimed this was "normal" and the network adjusting - but as it was, by 2 months in, we had generated 4x the amount of coins that should've been generated by that time - so clearly it wasn't "normal". There were also at least 20 times, no joke, 20 times, that he issued a "mandatory update" where we had to move to a new wallet version (still fully closed source at the time) to continue mining. During this time he was manually adjusting PoW and PoS constraints, turning on/off PoW at various times. He also insists the coin has never hard forked. So figure that one out.

Be verrrrry careful with this one. Tons of dumps coming when an exchange does open. Make your money and get out, IMO.
+10000
you took the words right out of my mouth

i also mining  from the start ...with 20+ update and alway on a wrong chain..
Activity: 260
https://vnl.suprnova.cc/ is in beta now. Please support him, he makes great pools. VNL code is new and unique so that's the reason for beta.

You can now safely join the beta test, everything should be fine, payouts are confirmed to be working, tell me if you have any trouble.

Already on it Smiley

Cool. Thanks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
Has an exchange picked up the coin yet ?
legendary

Already on it Smiley
Activity: 260

Activity: 829
this coin need exchanger badlym, 3 month without one is weird  Huh

Couldnt agree more.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
this coin need exchanger badlym, 3 month without one is weird  Huh
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Very exciting to finally be mining Vanilla with MPOS.
legendary

legendary
180 BPM
legendary
180 BPM
For the people asking:

VNL had a concensus system going while the solo mining phase. Literally no one could game the system (those who tried were shadowbaned from the network) and the most people have mined with were 3 dektops (simply cpus). The 4 million coins are probably evenly distrobuted and the faucet atm has 260k coins. Now block rewards a bit lower 106 down from 128, but GPU miners run energy efficiently and produce high hash. ocminer and minerpools are already in talks with the dev on making 3rd party pools for the coin.

Also please read the whitepaper and the VNL forums. Hundreds of pages of information and people taking place in the alpha/beta phase of the coin. John-connor (the dev) has proven that he can code something from scratch and not clone just another X11, X15 or whatever coin is trending.

The coin was well announced before it launched and even the different patches were announced in a seperate thread a few times.
Pages:
Jump to: