Author

Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info - page 117. (Read 759214 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
180.000 WC and still 8 hours to go is great.
think we will easy reach 300.000 WC in the first round.
Activity: 39
Thanks Chris.

Lets get all hands on board to get that logo updated seamlessly on all sites and social accounts.

I have been so far impressed by the test ads I have running on various sites and will get bird dog to redo the banners as soon as we have selected the new design.

Best of luck to all the entries and finalists in the final round..
exactly. best luck to those finallists in the final round. Cool Cool
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks Chris.

Lets get all hands on board to get that logo updated seamlessly on all sites and social accounts.

I have been so far impressed by the test ads I have running on various sites and will get bird dog to redo the banners as soon as we have selected the new design.

Best of luck to all the entries and finalists in the final round..
Statement from the Acting President of The WhiteCoin Foundation

Hello Whitecoiners!

I have been awestruck at the talent that's appeared around the logo contest. So many great submissions, I still haven't made up my mind as to my real favourite!

No matter who wins, I think it's safe to say that all of you have a very bright future ahead of you in the design field, and that'd we'd be more than happy to have you as part of our graphics team here at WhiteCoin. Once we have finalized the logo, the real work will begin: creating seamless branding.

With that in mind, I'd like to offer you my thoughts on what type of logo we need as an organization.

We need flexibility

There are many schools of thought on what an organization's logo should look like, with two main ones competing here at WhiteCoin.

1. The 'Our name in our Brand' approach. Similar styled logos would be: the McDonald's golden arch, or Apple's bitten apple.

2. The Abstract logo. Similar styled logos would be: The Nike Swoosh, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's symbol.

What camp you fall into tends to be very subjective, because it really comes down to taste and art. For some brands having the first letter of their name in the logo is essential, for others it's not at all.

In my opinion, the best logo's are the ones that are flexible enough to be defined after creation. For example, with the Nike Swoosh, Nike's leadership team had a fairly luke warm reaction to it at first. It was only as time went on and the quality of Nike's operation became clear that the Swoosh came to be defined, and in turn defined Nike. The reason the swoosh did Nike so well, was that it gave them the flexibility to evolve while remaining tied to a consistent identity.

Nike started out making shoes, but eventually moved into many other areas of the sporting goods field. If their logo had just been a shoe, it would have been restrictive and required redesign. By embracing a flexible logo like the swoosh, they were able to gradually evolve as an organization over a long period of time... all the while pointing back to one consistent identity people could remember and identify with.

Don't forget that important line in the whitecoin foundation paper, and our goal to become "unbound by any current or future limitations, including coding or software." I believe we have at least 3 or 4 logos submitted that fall have the potential to give us that ability to evolve.

It should also be noted that the final 4 logos for the next round will be permitted to submit refinements until the last 24 hours of voting. So for now, I've been actually voting for 4 logos, because I want to see what more can be done with them. Don't forget, voting will reset for the next round!

Thanks again for everything WhiteCoiners, you're awesome!

Chris

+1 voted today and will vote again tonight. Hope my fav make it to the final round
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Statement from the Acting President of The WhiteCoin Foundation

Hello Whitecoiners!

I have been awestruck at the talent that's appeared around the logo contest. So many great submissions, I still haven't made up my mind as to my real favourite!

No matter who wins, I think it's safe to say that all of you have a very bright future ahead of you in the design field, and that'd we'd be more than happy to have you as part of our graphics team here at WhiteCoin. Once we have finalized the logo, the real work will begin: creating seamless branding.

With that in mind, I'd like to offer you my thoughts on what type of logo we need as an organization.

We need flexibility

There are many schools of thought on what an organization's logo should look like, with two main ones competing here at WhiteCoin.

1. The 'Our name in our Brand' approach. Similar styled logos would be: the McDonald's golden arch, or Apple's bitten apple.

2. The Abstract logo. Similar styled logos would be: The Nike Swoosh, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's symbol.

What camp you fall into tends to be very subjective, because it really comes down to taste and art. For some brands having the first letter of their name in the logo is essential, for others it's not at all.

In my opinion, the best logo's are the ones that are flexible enough to be defined after creation. For example, with the Nike Swoosh, Nike's leadership team had a fairly luke warm reaction to it at first. It was only as time went on and the quality of Nike's operation became clear that the Swoosh came to be defined, and in turn defined Nike. The reason the swoosh did Nike so well, was that it gave them the flexibility to evolve while remaining tied to a consistent identity.

Nike started out making shoes, but eventually moved into many other areas of the sporting goods field. If their logo had just been a shoe, it would have been restrictive and required redesign. By embracing a flexible logo like the swoosh, they were able to gradually evolve as an organization over a long period of time... all the while pointing back to one consistent identity people could remember and identify with.

Don't forget that important line in the whitecoin foundation paper, and our goal to become "unbound by any current or future limitations, including coding or software." I believe we have at least 3 or 4 logos submitted that fall have the potential to give us that ability to evolve.

It should also be noted that the final 4 logos for the next round will be permitted to submit refinements until the last 24 hours of voting. So for now, I've been actually voting for 4 logos, because I want to see what more can be done with them. Don't forget, voting will reset for the next round!

Thanks again for everything WhiteCoiners, you're awesome!

Chris

Testing 170... Next stop for people to board be train.. 200.
wow there are some posts here in the threat.
Hope you guys will joins our new (own) Forum soon.

Dont forget to vote today for the new Logo.

Smiley nice work white coin talk. Smiley
172 - 115 spread on cryptsy. Haha!
it's not funny. man.

lol

I think it is...  It's looking like a transition phase.. Not many people willing to sell at this price and also not many coins left on cryptsy that aren't already in my investors circle.

It's not funny if you look at this like a day trader , you could get burned so easy with this spread.
It takes just a push in the opposite direction and your done for 50%.

High risk... High reward...
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
it's not funny. man.

lol

I think it is...  It's looking like a transition phase.. Not many people willing to sell at this price and also not many coins left on cryptsy that aren't already in my investors circle.

It's not funny if you look at this like a day trader , you could get burned so easy with this spread.
It takes just a push in the opposite direction and your done for 50%.
wow there are some posts here in the threat.
Hope you guys will joins our new (own) Forum soon.

Dont forget to vote today for the new Logo.
it's not funny. man.

lol

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
That reminds me.. Time to put my votes in.. Smiley

Someone has put down a 50000 WC for Birddog  Shocked.
My favorite is Pantalaimon's logo but unfortunately it seems hard to scale down (it lacks of contrast).

That was me Smiley .. My other votes are still processing. Smiley

10k for Nate, 10k for opera incoming and a 4k panta

Hey Jesus. I like the story behind Birdog's logo but I have to say that Opera has definitely got the recognition factor going. Nice job to all of the entries though. Well done.
Activity: 182

My favorite is Pantalaimon's logo but unfortunately it seems hard to scale down (it lacks of contrast).

Very generous Smiley what a great community to be a part of!

Activity: 60

Like I've mentioned before: I'll make smaller versions of my logo that will be just as readable, if mine gets in the top4 before the end of voting Smiley

Like most logo's in the comp with finer details, they don't scale down well and the details become blurry. Thats why smaller versions need to be tweaked anyways most of the time.
Activity: 126

Jump to: