Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★ - page 42. (Read 119122 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Wow, ClearingHouse works beautifully,  

I had a strong feeling for a second while using the interface.. that this will be H.U.G.E  

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
"This initialization process is called "burning", but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward."

So, it should not be called "burning"... It is another IPO, no?

I assume XCH won't be the last Clearinghouse asset to be created. So, the process will be called burning. A guess, but there it is.

You can use XCH to issue your own assets/coins etc and they can be traded directly on the blockchain, p2p.

How is this done?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
now I understand why viacoin could not be a POS coin, you need inflation to counter the deflation caused by XCH

guy is a genius

Trying to wrap my head around all this. If viacoin arent being destroyed (burned) from the conversion process there isnt any deflation. Unless im missing something, the viacoins given over to the conversion will then be in devs possession to keep trading on the exchanges to fund future clearinhouse development? Idk I'm confused lol isnt this a new ipo and viacoin was simply a interim valuation delivery mechanism for XCH?
Activity: 462
btcdrak, the questions are piling up.
Another: if I convert over to XCH, I'm basically stuck with XCH until an exchange for XCH opens up, yes? Or is the plan for an XCH/BTC exchange to open up in Clearinghouse?
Also, it is rather odd that you aren't burning the VIA after conversion and not saying what the plan is specifically with those VIA and what the plan with VIA is overall after XCH.
JL
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
"This initialization process is called "burning", but since viacoins are new and shiny, we decided not to actually burn them, but use them towards funding the ClearingHouse project looking forward."

I assume XCH won't be the last Clearinghouse asset to be created. So, the process will be called burning. A guess, but there it is.

You can use XCH to issue your own assets/coins etc and they can be traded directly on the blockchain, p2p.

I see. So, is the XCH limited to this initial burn period? What happens when you create an asset with XCH, is the XCH burned? If the XCH is burned and no more can be created then I assume it is considering a deflationary asset causing the value to rise.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Why did you switch away from a burn to another IPO?

Will there be any use for VIA after the exchange period is over?

\
Yea, but what does that mean or what are the implications/uses?

Hell if I know.. been following Via for a few weeks and still really have no clue.

Not enough information for me to make any decisions. Pure dumb luck on speculation right now.

Well the OP says the the coins won't be "burned" but instead used towards funding... meaning they will be sold off for BTC.. meaning it is not a "burning" process at all but yet another IPO...

Anybody else made a little uneasy by this? I thought it would be a true burn. I thought the dev got his dev fund from the first IPO...
legendary
Activity: 1064

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

After the 45 day period Via cannot be exchanged for XCH anymore, right? So, it is useless after that point?

Hell if I know.. been following Via for a few weeks and still really have no clue.

Not enough information for me to make any decisions. Pure dumb luck on speculation right now.

Activity: 483
More then half hour still pending:

From wallet:
Sell VIA Pending: As you have one or more pending or open sell order for VIA, please stay logged in so that the order(s) can be properly filled.

EDIT: everything fine now. Just re-open wallet.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
converted the first ones. Works fine
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Not sure if I should convert my via to xch Sad, hard choice
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This is big. Definitely worth following.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
via could go ltc is 1 outcome
xch shouldnt be worth more than via but at 100xch to 1via reducing to 85xch to 1 via potential profit there.
Activity: 483
Why do not you do what made the Protoshares team:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=post;quote=8202585;topic=325261.1240;num_replies=1258;sesc=54b94598b29f1b53f8117f79b73205b5

Then VIA would repeat the success of PTS and the cost would have been at least $10.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm sorry to be a noob but I'm not sure what the implications of exchanging are?

It's taken a long time and a lot of effort for me to accumulate my modest amount of VIA.

Will all VIA eventually be changed to XCH?

In which case it would be better to do early to get more XCH (100 XCH per 1 VIA)
Pages:
Jump to: