Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★ - page 35. (Read 119122 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Its not allowing me to burn any more VIA... but that might be because I have pending VIA. Its been pending for over a day now, after being locked up in the exchange for hours. Whats going on?

Have you burned 20k? There is a limit of 20k per address iirc.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
That was caused by a server update. Just refresh.

What was updated? The code of the wallet? If so, I suggest you use cache busting Uri's for artifacts, so when they change browsers will d/l them automatically and not require a manual browser refresh.

If not, never mind. Wink

Just refreshing didn't solve my issues. Any other ideas to fix this?
Activity: 191
Its not allowing me to burn any more VIA... but that might be because I have pending VIA. Its been pending for over a day now, after being locked up in the exchange for hours. Whats going on?
legendary

What was updated? The code of the wallet? If so, I suggest you use cache busting Uri's for artifacts, so when they change browsers will d/l them automatically and not require a manual browser refresh.

If not, never mind. Wink

Activity: 293
Merit: 10
Still getting this error across all browsers. I lost all my XCH and tokens. Any help?

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Invalid params

Code: -32602

Coins are in the blockchain, not in the wallet. So, you only lost them if you lost your seed/password.

hopefully you have your seed password like mentioned above.
legendary
Still getting this error across all browsers. I lost all my XCH and tokens. Any help?

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_normalized_balances; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Invalid params

Code: -32602

Coins are in the blockchain, not in the wallet. So, you only lost them if you lost your seed/password.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
legendary
I have changed 4 browsers , all the same , this situation has last more than 20 hours.            

all cache and localResources for the wallet?? what do you mean , my computer is ok, I changed different computers, still  have the  problem when I use this passphrase

So if you use a new passphrase it works?

What are you doing when you get the error? Just opening the wallet?

Your not running on testnet right?

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
No worries guys i couldnt see the balance on my phone lol
Activity: 126
Might be a bit too simple but have you guys inputted the correct passphrase for your clearhouse wallet. ive not had an issue with my xch. if you havnt inputted the correct password it will display a totally different wallet. appologies if you have but just checking
passphrase is right,,  the account has via in it
Activity: 126
Might be a bit too simple but have you guys inputted the correct passphrase for your clearhouse wallet. ive not had an issue with my xch. if you havnt inputted the correct password it will display a totally different wallet. appologies if you have but just checking
you can see the money in pictures,  how can be a wrong passphrase
Activity: 212
Think I will wait a bit for the issues with the wallet to be sorted before I "burn"(trade in reality) Via into xch...
instead of "burn" how about "recycled" back into the via ecosystem. granted they go to devs but they will eventually end up in circulation again
legendary
Activity: 952
Thank you for your opinions and feedback regarding terminology. I've explained things well enough in the OP. If you do not like ClearingHouse or Viacoin, no-one is asking you to participate.

Running a project for the long term is a serious commitment. Nay-sayers are welcome to try it and come back to me when it takes 18 hour days, sleepness nights, endless stress and you have expensive developers, project costs and hosting to pay for. Look at most coin development after release and you will understand why underfunded projects disappear.

My own personal opinion is destroying coins needless, wasteful and would possibly be a price manipulation gimmick (which I am totally against). Also I never said issuance was by "proof-of-burn".

This is a "fire-sale" and the purchase process is called "burning". I like that because it's like forging metal in the fire to make it stronger.

Drak - you misunderstand.  Nobody is saying there is anything wrong with selling the coins.  The problem is simply the use of the term "burn" which is misleading.  Please reconsider this.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Anybody else made a little uneasy by this? I thought it would be a true burn. I thought the dev got his dev fund from the first IPO...

I'm not uneasy about this at all, and trust me I hold a lot of VIA.  I bought this coin because I think it's the next generation of cryto (and these days everyone seems to claim this).  It has the potential to crush so many other coins (XCP, MSC, Stellar, etc.).  But is it reasonable for us to expect Btcdrak to do this on only a 600BTC raise??  Fuck no.  I want to see VIA give Ethereum a run for their money, and I truly believe it can.  However, Ethereum has raised $15M so far.  The beauty is Btcdrak and Viacoin are way ahead of the game, by months! and only off of 600BTC!  

I personally don't think it's even remotely possible to compete with well funded coins like Stellar or Ethereum with so little capital resources, which is why I'm fully behind the new raise for XCH.  It's a pretty easy choice in my mind.  Btcdrak has had flawless execution and this "burn" or IPO is no different.  He's doing exactly what he has to and keeping his eye on the prize in the long game.  I'm happily going to contribute becuase for VIA to really have the best chance of succeeding, Btcdrak will need to pull the best developers from everywhere over to this project.  This will cost money.  He's got the reputation, he's got the skills, he's shown execution, he's always two steps ahead, and he's got the momentum now.  I hope this raise pulls in well in the $ Millions for him to work with, and he makes even more scary good hires ala Peter Todd.  I can't wait to see the future of this coin.

+1000
this!
legendary
xcp high value would also be a flaw. Lets say that at some point in the future due to the lack of available xcp that 1 xcp is worth $1,000. No one in their right mind would pay $1,000 just to complete one single transaction on clearing house. The system would eventually be to expensive for anyone to consider using.

Exchange fees are paid in Via.

I was not actually referring to the fee per transaction, but rather the fact that 1 or more xch are destroyed everytime you create something within clearinghouse, like an asset or contract. Therefore if you create a contract within clearinghouse and 1 xch is destroyed as part of that process, and if 1 xch is worth $1000, then it has cost you $1000 to create that contract or asset. Am I right?

XCH is destroyed to create an asset, that is correct. We can adjust the fees in accordance with inflation/deflation in much the same way Bitcoin adjusted the miner fees as the price went up. There is nothing for you to worry about.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
xcp high value would also be a flaw. Lets say that at some point in the future due to the lack of available xcp that 1 xcp is worth $1,000. No one in their right mind would pay $1,000 just to complete one single transaction on clearing house. The system would eventually be to expensive for anyone to consider using.

Exchange fees are paid in Via.

I was not actually referring to the fee per transaction, but rather the fact that 1 or more xch are destroyed everytime you create something within clearinghouse, like an asset or contract. Therefore if you create a contract within clearinghouse and 1 xch is destroyed as part of that process, and if 1 xch is worth $1000, then it has cost you $1000 to create that contract or asset. Am I right?
Activity: 128
Thank you for your opinions and feedback regarding terminology. I've explained things well enough in the OP. If you do not like ClearingHouse or Viacoin, no-one is asking you to participate.

Running a project for the long term is a serious commitment. Nay-sayers are welcome to try it and come back to me when it takes 18 hour days, sleepness nights, endless stress and you have expensive developers, project costs and hosting to pay for. Look at most coin development after release and you will understand why underfunded projects disappear.

My own personal opinion is destroying coins needless, wasteful and would possibly be a price manipulation gimmick (which I am totally against). Also I never said issuance was by "proof-of-burn".

This is a "fire-sale" and the purchase process is called "burning". I like that because it's like forging metal in the fire to make it stronger.
excellent explaination, now I am bit of understood
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: