Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units - page 2. (Read 49035 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
I wish I could have gotten a response from TSMC, would have been nice to be able to post something official so this thread stops popping up in my "Show new replies to your posts."
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
September 07, 2013, 11:46:37 PM
Cool website anyway.
Activity: 252
September 07, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
This still happening?
Nope! The scam has run its course undoubtedly.

You mean the next time some anonymous 23 year old online women's clothing vendor wants to take tens of millions of dollars in preorders, we'll need to think twice ?
I'm honestly expecting him still to pop up and rag on all the people who put in for pre-orders and announce the whole thing a ploy to test people's gullibility when it comes to miners.

Maybe his whole con was to take the money of those unscrupulous people who will contact a miner-builder and offer cash to move to the top of the line (as KNC had recently admitted they'd been besieged with, and what is probably what happened to Avalon's chips).

The conman conning a conman is one of the best cons there is, he may reason. Take the money of someone trying to cheat the system.
Activity: 692
September 07, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
This still happening?

You mean the next time some anonymous 23 year old online women's clothing vendor wants to take tens of millions of dollars in preorders, we'll need to think twice ?
September 07, 2013, 03:27:31 PM
This still happening?
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
September 07, 2013, 10:29:08 AM
This still happening?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 02, 2013, 10:40:44 PM
Based on how this has rolled out and wound down now, I'm assuming it was a confidence scam designed to fool a 3rd party into releasing a large sum of money into Adbi's hands. Who can say whether it was successful or not, but it's pretty clear there never was and will not be a miner from Xcrowd.

No doubt this forum played a part in making the company appear legitimate and to have mainstream interest in buying, and all it took was the magic word 'escrow' for many of you to throw caution to the wind and place orders.

yup, you win sir. oh well....

Well, no one lost any money, I guess. Still kind of amazing people weren't able to pick up on the mega-scammyness.

If I'd have been thinking I would've gotten a Bitbet going Tongue

Heh, could have made some money.
September 02, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
If I'd have been thinking I would've gotten a Bitbet going Tongue
Activity: 532
September 02, 2013, 05:36:43 PM
Based on how this has rolled out and wound down now, I'm assuming it was a confidence scam designed to fool a 3rd party into releasing a large sum of money into Adbi's hands. Who can say whether it was successful or not, but it's pretty clear there never was and will not be a miner from Xcrowd.

No doubt this forum played a part in making the company appear legitimate and to have mainstream interest in buying, and all it took was the magic word 'escrow' for many of you to throw caution to the wind and place orders.

As I said;

No, I never said that. I said if legitimate, and if they have private equity funding, as they have claimed, that escrow only facilitates placing those funds in cold storage so to speak. They in effect are preventing you from then spending monies on their direct competitors should a more preferable alternative appear, like purchasing a product in stock should a company clear it's backlog, or a new entrant appear, or alternatively if they suffer a setback, or delay, depending on what the terms of the escrow are.

Certainly from an engineering design stance, those products look wayy too over engineered. I doubt the renders would be final products, and perhaps that questions their legimacy further.

It's a strong visual industrial design concept, but the flaw lies within the amount of parts. Xcrowd are not claiming to use the latest gen chips, they have an even smaller finite period of use.

When you design a product concept for retail, you make it aestheically pleasing.

When you finalise the chosen design you ensure it retains as much function as possible whilst reducing the number of parts.

Why?

Because more parts = greater expense which is needless, and more points of failure which is untenable in the long run. If parts fail, or break they will lead to loss of function of the miner = loss of profit for the miner = headache and more expense for both the miner and the company manufacturing/selling to the consumer.

When I studied engineering I hated taking my beautiful concepts and having to remove aesthetically pleasing design for boring practicality, but it's a necessity, especially if building in volume for a product where failure is critical. Also these need to be assembled, and fast, more parts = loss of time, more inspection, more hands to employ, and more expense w.r.t. assembly, bearing in mind these guys intend to undercut and compete on margins.

Which is why unflattering metal boxes with a few fans and a chip populated pcb board is the way to go...
Activity: 280
Hell?
September 02, 2013, 03:47:15 PM

September 02, 2013, 03:46:16 PM

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
September 02, 2013, 01:44:41 PM
If someone wants to click that sketchy link go ahead but I'm going to wait for someone else to go first or someone get a youtube link.

Here we go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Activity: 72
September 02, 2013, 01:43:33 PM
If someone wants to click that sketchy link go ahead but I'm going to wait for someone else to go first or someone get a youtube link.

no risk no fun Cheesy
September 02, 2013, 01:41:44 PM
Activity: 72
September 02, 2013, 12:42:46 PM
Live Demonstration of xCrowd Olympus.

http://bit.ly/r8BnTA
Activity: 560
August 31, 2013, 12:50:50 PM
yup. xcrowd is complete bullshit. oh well i still have knc!

Although it's funny, all they had to do was manage to setup their escrow account properly and they could have raked in millions of dollars.

Oh well.

Yes clearly if they wanted to scam people. Are you guys seriously bitching about them having hardware built and ready to ship before paying? After all the crying you do about no pre orders here is a company who is not going to take pre orders but actualy have the device Iin hand and you all cry. This has to be the dumbest community alive. This isn't towards you Ytter just used your quote lol
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 06:43:58 PM
soon as that abdi dudes profile was posted, i lost all confidence. i was just lying to myself and kept hoping i was wrong. never trust a 23 year old with this stuff.
August 30, 2013, 06:39:54 PM

Although it's funny, all they had to do was manage to setup their escrow account properly and they could have raked in millions of dollars.

Oh well.
Hell?
August 30, 2013, 06:27:13 PM
August 30, 2013, 06:23:14 PM
I like hosting deposit option but how does the escrow option work for it?? Will escrow be initially mining for me as a proof of service delivery?? Doesn't make sense.

Of course not.  xCrowd can ship space heaters, how is escrow.com going to know the difference?
Pages:
Jump to: