Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 109. (Read 2375603 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
About 100 blocks was deleted right now from dev node.
some of which I mined... thanks our great dev Sad

This is by the strangest coin ever, with a dev come and clean what he doesn't like...

And I donated to him, I am complete idiot)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
some of which I mined... thanks our great dev Sad

This is by the strangest coin ever, with a dev come and clean what he doesn't like...
Joes node (104.128.225.215) continuously rewriting blocks, try to fight with my actions probably, but I am not doing anything for 12H+
Bad triggered algo)

Advice to all, especially for pools and POS miners: write "connect=104.128.225.215" to magi.conf to have only one connection to true chain. If you will have many connections, splitting will continue due to rewritings on Joes node.
actually I tried, it doesn't even stay connected

First download clean chain from link he posted. If it not help, probably ip ban (also fail) triggered. For example, one of my IP banned same way and can't directly connect to 104.128.225.215 node.
legendary
Joes node (104.128.225.215) continuously rewriting blocks, try to fight with my actions probably, but I am not doing anything for 12H+
Bad triggered algo)

Advice to all, especially for pools and POS miners: write "connect=104.128.225.215" to magi.conf to have only one connection to true chain. If you will have many connections, splitting will continue due to rewritings on Joes node.
actually I tried, it doesn't even stay connected
Bad triggered algo)

legendary
has anyone noticed
Minerclaim and xpoolx is on block 1813585

but wallet and other pools are on 1813645???
Grin

edit: minerclaim is on block 0... guess they can't be wrong with that

anyone knows which are the nodes of the wallets of the pools ?
Activity: 154
has anyone noticed
Minerclaim and xpoolx is on block 1813585

but wallet and other pools are on 1813645???
legendary
Same problem here.  Went from 206 XMG to 15 XMG.  I loaded a wallet backup from last week and only lost about 8 XMG.  Still frustrating.
checkwallet, repairwallet (had the same issue with coins staking) if those coins weren't mined on the "wrong" fork

How to use it, I could not find documentation?
in the wallet, go to console and you need to type the commands
checkwallet then repairwallet (if checkwallet shows a problem)
there is also help command, which doesn't give much info tbh
Activity: 102
Same problem here.  Went from 206 XMG to 15 XMG.  I loaded a wallet backup from last week and only lost about 8 XMG.  Still frustrating.
checkwallet, repairwallet (had the same issue with coins staking) if those coins weren't mined on the "wrong" fork

How to use it, I could not find documentation? Edit: OK, wrote this in console, repaired, restarted the wallet, thanks, coins are back Smiley
They mentioned a split in the chain a few posts before, probably your xmg was on the other chain and not in the current one.

Several months old coins on the other chain???  Embarrassed
legendary
Same problem here.  Went from 206 XMG to 15 XMG.  I loaded a wallet backup from last week and only lost about 8 XMG.  Still frustrating.
checkwallet, repairwallet (had the same issue with coins sent to myself for staking) if those coins weren't mined on the "wrong" fork (ie older than a day and half)

checkwallet showed the disvrepencies,
repairwallet (then restart the wallet) corrected the problem
Activity: 18
They mentioned a split in the chain a few posts before, probably your xmg was on the other chain and not in the current one.
Activity: 41
Same problem here.  Went from 206 XMG to 15 XMG.  I loaded a wallet backup from last week and only lost about 8 XMG.  Still frustrating.
Activity: 18
Same.

And it is mining not minging xD

(Warning at the client)
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

should we use this chain from now on or is it just for the tests of the new client 1.4.6.1?

For now I'm just using it for the test build, I've backed up everything just in case.
Activity: 14
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
For test only (don't run for regular use):

The following are for testing solutions to the current issue; for one who wants to help out, here are the steps:

Source: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/tree/1.4.6-test-1

# Download blockchain and unzip into the right place:
https://m-core.org/bin/block-chain/m-block-chain-1813042.zip
https://m-core.org/bin/block-chain/m-block-chain-1813042.tar.gz

# Download binaries (windows, linux and osx):
https://m-core.org/bin/m-wallet-1.4.6.1-test/m-wallet-1.4.6.1-test.zip

# Setup magi.conf:

Code:
rpcuser=magirpc
rpcpassword=magipass
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
posii=1

addnode=159.203.71.237
addnode=138.197.70.198

# Launch the wallet

We'll monitor progress; pls help mining on test chain, particularly PoS staking.

Weird bug
Running Linux Ubuntu 18.04:

Running a standard desktop, not a touchscreen device

m-wallet would not run until I installed the "touchscreen" library "libts.sd.0"
Code:
./m-wallet: error while loading shared libraries: libts.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I installed the library:
Code:
sudo apt install libst0

wallet then starts.
legendary
may-be time to add masternode Grin
Jump to: