Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 1310. (Read 2375202 times)

Activity: 781
Merit: 501
also it need libboost 1.54 instead of 1.55? how can it run on my pc if i have boost 1.55?
what is db version needed?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
why reward is sometime 10, sometime 100 per block?

Smiley I should put some numbers; 100 is for testnet in order to have some coins to paly; 10 (odd block number) is a mimic of the mainnet, a value particularly for this low diff, which grows up to 500 when diff hits 150.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
why reward is sometime 10, sometime 100 per block?
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
XMG wallets for windows and linux were uploaded here:

http://cryptomagic.com/files/magi-release/
(downloads currently removed until we fix an issue)
(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8463488)

NOTE: They only work on the testnet. I'd like to collect feedbacks. If everything goes smoothly, we can set up a launch time then. You won't be able to run the wallet without setting the testnet mode, that can be done through magi.conf. The default folder having this file is: %appdata%\magi (windows) or ~/.magi (linux) (sorry we don't have the mac wallet yet). magi.conf should contain this line:
testnet=1
You may also need:
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass

Once conf file is given in the right place, the wallet should be running on the testnet. Go to menu Help -> Debug window -> Console, run
setgenerate true 1
to mine coins ("1" is for 1 cpu core). We will update standalone miner asap. Please request wallets for the operating systems not available yet, I will compile that, going forward, to assure all wallets available at the launch.

About 2400 blocks were minted in the testnet so far; I've done that for various tests. Issues I've got are the network sync which was proven to be the access of money supply once blocks were minted during PoS. It's about the new PoS mechanism. A few linux boxes were set up for tests, some of which had mining enabled and thus the PoS. The blocks minted were sent for verification, for some reason some of them were two more ahead of the boxes being received, that makes inaccessible to the money supply and messed up PoS block processing. All look fine to me now, will need more confirmations on this.

The PoW mining can be done through the Console command: setgenerate true, or setgenerate true 1 (if you want to invest 1 CPU core only so that the computer won't slow down much). My primary interest is not about the M7 PoW part as to this test, but on the PoS. Let me know any questions/issues you have. If you got PoS earnings, appreciated if you can tell me how many coins are in stake, when and the amount you get the stake. I can send you some coins if you need that for test.

[Testnet] XMG wallets for windows and linux downloads:

http://cryptomagic.com/files/magi-release/

To run the wallet, testnet mode must be set. This can be done through the conf file: magi.conf. The default folder having this file is: %appdata%\magi (windows) or ~/.magi (linux) (sorry we don't have the mac wallet yet). magi.conf should contain this line:
testnet=1
You may also need:
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass
Once conf file is given in the right place, the wallet should be running on the testnet. Go to menu Help -> Debug window -> Console, run
setgenerate true 1
to mine coins ("1" is for 1 cpu core). We will update standalone miner asap. Please request wallets for the operating systems not available yet, I will compile that, going forward, to assure all wallets available at the launch.

legendary
Coin of the Magi!
The wallet is basically ready, will update (stayed up all night,  Sad)
so can you just tell us when you will release it ?
Pleeeeasssssssssssse an ETA
Magi is based on standard block chain, not the minichain; the miners for cryptonite won't work, will make sure a miner (CPU) is up before the launch.
Bad news Undecided
I think private cuda miner based on cryptonite cuda miner quite very fast and raped this coin.

You're right, and in fact any algo cannot resist GPU and ASIC, just timing issue. So cryptonite is basically mined by cuda miner a lot and probably AMD miner will be out soon. The reason we use M7 is that we consider it's a safe algo. Here is what we're goning to do to "resist" GPU.

# diff dependent rewards, some figures will be published and I will be open to suggestions to modify these numbers further, in order to reach a level that GPU mining is not that profitable by comparing mining XMG with mining other coins

# will try to implement block rewards reduction with high diff impact which goes into PoS

# mining favors small hashrate miners is in our consideration

We have few more ideas, but cannot implement all at this time, we do try to improve these by the time, and hopefully.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Let's hope that does not happen.
If the communty is strong enough problems can be solved well.
What I'm curious about is how the value of a currency is determined.
Is that the exchanges that determine the value of a coin? Or something else?

The value of different currencies is only determined by what someone is willing to pay.  It is ALL speculative in crypto......at least that is how it is now.  The exchanges or whales for that matter may influence values at times, but their actions in doing so are only to influence speculation, not the real world value of a coin.

Thanks for the explanation!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

The value of different currencies is only determined by what someone is willing to pay.  It is ALL speculative in crypto......at least that is how it is now.  The exchanges or whales for that matter may influence values at times, but their actions in doing so are only to influence speculation, not the real world value of a coin.
legendary
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
Magi is based on standard block chain, not the minichain; the miners for cryptonite won't work, will make sure a miner (CPU) is up before the launch.
Bad news Undecided
I think private cuda miner based on cryptonite cuda miner quite very fast and raped this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Hmm, interesting .. I want to participate on testnet
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
I will also give detail answers to prior questions when I have more time to be here.
legendary
Coin of the Magi!

Let me release the testnet wallet by end of today. It would be a good idea to decide the launch time after seeing how the wallet is doing in testnet. Initially I thought Magi was good to go, but I just got a sync issue right before the initial scheduled launch time. That was actually due to the new PoS feature. Because of this, I'd like get more tests and feedbacks from you too. After that we will decide a time for the launch (hopefully this week). Magi is based on standard block chain, not the minichain; the miners for cryptonite won't work, will make sure a miner (CPU) is up before the launch.
legendary
Good work Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
legendary
I follow Magicoin from the beginning (April).
I know the developer is working for months to innovate and improve Magicoin.
I hope he's coming with good news soon. He earns the trust of the community.
I say; take the time you need. After all these months it is not a problem if it takes a few days longer.
an ETA would still be nice no matter what...

+1

Thou, you compiled AMD miner for XCN?
I haven't had time to look into opencl implementation of xcn
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I say; take the time you need. After all these months it is not a problem if it takes a few days longer.

+1

Thou, you compiled AMD miner for XCN?
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Maybe trying compile amd miner...
Jump to: