Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 175. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 0
I came across the tutorial on how to mine Magi using Raspberry Pi. I am going to give it a try soon Smiley

With Orange pi pc I'm getting 4kh/s. Using calculator, when network hashrate is 103mh/s:

0.00842111 xmg/day/4kH 

Time to find with 4 kh ~ : 76 days 19 hours 48 minutes 40 seconds
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I came across the tutorial on how to mine Magi using Raspberry Pi. I am going to give it a try soon Smiley
Still didn't mind the motivation to build a pi rig - I fancy getting my hands on a pi cluster and dockerising all my PoS wallets and running them on a swarm - might be a pretty intensive project though
Activity: 285
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27853925

Post your ideas there (link above) mimokrokodil. Dev's are taking this serious and looking at different options.
Nice picture btw. I also need to be patience but all things are difficult before they become easy & if there is no struggle there is no progress.
Quick decisions are not always the best so we have to give the dev's some time, nor is it the only thing they are working on!
Activity: 32
Magi team already mentioned that. Big miners would earn more with using there big hashrate to mine other currencies. If they leave the blockrewards will go up & thats better for the miners who do understand the Magi project. Thanks for your opinion here! Next time use black its easier to read.
For some reason those "big miners" stay mining XMG and keeping block reward below the ground.
We discussed earlier and I still don't see an answer to a simple question: what Magi team going to do if we couragesly face the fact that current hashrate can be kept for months or years?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/253/061/84f.jpg

...or maybe some changes to reward system according new reality? Smiley
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
What is the annual POS return for Magi coin?
Thought +- 3% Maybe this will give more info for you
http://telegra.ph/MAGI-PROOF-OF-STAKE-MINTING-MANUAL-01-09

Very helpful. Thank you.
This is a great coin.
legendary
Thought +- 3% Maybe this will give more info for you
http://telegra.ph/MAGI-PROOF-OF-STAKE-MINTING-MANUAL-01-09
Activity: 533
legendary
Magi XMG continues with release new developments.
Check out the poolattractor!
Special thanks to Alojz👌

https://poolattractor.com
legendary
Thanks for your opinion extant. Could you post it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27853925
Its easy for dev's to find the posts about this.
legendary
hello friend does anyone know what this wallet status means in YOBIT?
Parese is on the way to be 100% operational but is still late in the synchronization.
Any suggestions?
Magi team sent in requests for updating wallets.
We can only wait for them to finish this.
Activity: 210
hello friend does anyone know what this wallet status means in YOBIT?
Parese is on the way to be 100% operational but is still late in the synchronization.
Any suggestions?
Activity: 19
Hello folks, I passionately followed the coin, today after seeing the result of mining I realize something very simple, this currency is easy to corrupt and collapse, these days as things are with the market for cryptocurrencies and impositions from different governments, I realize that yes, a government would like to end with xmg, simply redirecting a lot of hash rate towards the mining of this, ruining the whole network, since it would not reward anyone, a government can give itself the pleasure of doing this and believe me that sooner or later this will happen, today I abandon the mining of this currency, there are many more profitable than this, then from the fork everything went to sink (and I do not speak of the price) a hacker took rewards and that keep this currency active take the punishment, is my simple point of view, goodbye XMG

I totally agree with this logic. Time per block is still high and let's all remember that XMG isn't that popular. What's going to happen when it becomes more popular? Everyone will start mining which will make it impossible for the coin to be used.

The following are some solutions to the problem:

- create some sort of passport registration to mine and eventually impose limits (not the ideal solution)
- Token mining - Example -> X amount of tokens are generated every 12 hours. Every token has a max hash limit of 4320000 hashes (100hashes/second For 12 hours). Once this token is used (limit reached), it can no longer be used. These tokens are distributed randomly among interested miners. There might be times when you don't receive a token, but when you do you can't exceed the limits. This technique will create a balanced network.

Developers what do you think?

--Edit

Tokens can be distributed per block
legendary
On request a simple mining calculator:

http://magicalc.herokuapp.com/

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
This sounds good in practice, but how does staking 50 coins compare to staking 200 coins as far as rewards?  What I am asking, basically, is if I only stake 50 coins won't I get less reward than if I stake 200 coins and wait for the 'cooling off period'?

Aren't staking rewards based on the amount staked and the age of the coins?  If I split my coins into 50 coin segments instead of staking the entire 200 coins, won't I receive less reward?

This is an honest question that you might be able to answer through the experimentation you are currently conducting.

your reward will be lower as you're staking with less coins at once, but overall you'll get your % per year and i think it supports the network if we can mine more PoS blocks.

this way we're able to mine PoS blocks every few minutes, instead of one big stake maybe only once or twice a day.

not fully sure yet but'll try to explain with an example: (let) splitting your coins into 500 (or more) smaller tx would allow your weight to be higher while staking with less coins and you can mine more PoS blocks.
Activity: 276
Hello Developer and all the Magi Community!
I successfully installed new wallet, but the sync is stuck. Yes, I do have the latest Blockchain Data.
What is the content of your magi.conf file?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Hello Developer and all the Magi Community!
I successfully installed new wallet, but the sync is stuck. Yes, I do have the latest Blockchain Data.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
can not be traded on crytopica. That does not bother me, the teamm dev of the project is still working very hard. I am hoping for a good result after crytpoica broke into the wallet. 1 great exchange is pending
Thanks for your words here! Hope to give some good news soon
Message on 'topia still says waiting on devs - I'm pretty sure that this is not the case - I think that 'topia are really overloaded with new accounts joining and simply don't have time to update the wallet properly - they disabled trading a few days ago which is pretty annoying
Jump to: