Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 170. (Read 2375617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Also, would you be kind to share some info on the team behind the XMG ?

I've been asking this for weeks with basically no response. Joe did an itty-bitty personal Q&A somewhere around this thread 1120. Nobody else has been very responsive. I keep threatening to PM starman and joe for tech details so I can write up a thing for the marketing efforts - which are so minimal they may as well not exist, BTW.

Want to see this coin gain and then stabilize in value (eventually, maybe, someday, (probably never, just like every other coin))? Great. Let's form a non-profit corporation; fund it with, well, anything from anywhere. Then actually pay developers and a marketing team.

What we currently have is basically the results of a volunteer dev+marketing team. The team did not bootstrap any sort of foundation with a pre-mine or ICO, so there are no funds to support development or marketing.

@111magic, do you have any more to say on this topic? I know you have been talking a little on #slack about finding a way to fund a marketing campaign.

Yes amigo i will respond on this tonight.
So quote reserved!😉

Here it is amigo. I joined Joe in 2014 without any knowledge of digital currencies. I'am still learning every day. During 2014 i started to help Magi with promotions/marketing. It started as hobby. In these days value of Magi was maybe 0.01$
I started to use Twitter and at this moment we passed 13000 followers.👍
I made some awesome give-aways & campaigns. Best campaigns were the Proof of Interest campaigns.
I liked working for Magi & building a awesome huge & friendly community. Personal: I have a young family with two kids & fulltime job. Oh and a great blond wife😉
During the years i used lots of time to promote Magi. And no not for own gain because i gave more than 120k XMG away during campaigns. Just because i love the idea behind Magi & i like to build a huge community & great future for Magi.
During the last 6 months it was difficult for me to keep up.
Magi grew bigger and we needed more people helping.
And it happend. Its very easy to ask people to do something & pay them. As you all know Magi started old-school, without ICO & teammembers are not whales.
Asking people for free help takes more time.
Thats maybe why Magi continues growing step by step.
Its ok because Magi is a long-term digital currency.
Value went up from 0.01$ to 0.80$ in the last 3 years.
Thats great but Magi is far from finished. We like to achieve many new developments and improvements thid year. The reason i asked for donations is simple. Some big exchanges ask payments for adding currencies.
If we like to grow bigger we need more exchanges to reach more people.
Hope i give you all some more info about me & my ideas.

Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.

I've been asking this for weeks with basically no response. Joe did an itty-bitty personal Q&A somewhere around this thread 1120. Nobody else has been very responsive. I keep threatening to PM starman and joe for tech details so I can write up a thing for the marketing efforts - which are so minimal they may as well not exist, BTW.

Want to see this coin gain and then stabilize in value (eventually, maybe, someday, (probably never, just like every other coin))? Great. Let's form a non-profit corporation; fund it with, well, anything from anywhere. Then actually pay developers and a marketing team.

What we currently have is basically the results of a volunteer dev+marketing team. The team did not bootstrap any sort of foundation with a pre-mine or ICO, so there are no funds to support development or marketing.

@111magic, do you have any more to say on this topic? I know you have been talking a little on #slack about finding a way to fund a marketing campaign.
legendary
legendary
@111 Magic ...could you give us a small hint on the 1st feb announcement ?  Smiley

Working on this!😉
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
@111 Magic ...could you give us a small hint on the 1st feb announcement ?  Smiley

Any idea what could be the big announcement scheduled for the 1st of February ?
Not a clue - I didn't even hear that there was going to be an announcement...

https://twitter.com/Coin_Magi_XMG/status/949750814180036609
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Not a clue - I didn't even hear that there was going to be an announcement...
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
$XMG should worth 50$ by now. WTF... There should be a great marketing towards it. The growth is damn slow or not even growing

$0.50 you want to say? Smiley

50$ with its circulating supply

"A Real Time Crypto Investor, Analyst and HODLER"
I smell the cry of money loosing investor Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin HODL  Grin Grin Grin Bought at 0.4$ But I really Wanna See This Coin Moon
legendary
Not sure if you guys spotted the new merit system on BCT. If not/so, here is a link which explains how it works...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350
He Starmman thanks. Nice to know

Just tested it out - you don't lose merit for spending merit, but you only have a limited amount to spend, and you get 50% back for the amount that you recieve.

Think its a way of counteracting these bots that have been posting spam a lot recently.
Thats a good thing. I don't like those bots posting spam. Lets see if this counteracting from bitcountalk works!
legendary
Not sure if you guys spotted the new merit system on BCT. If not/so, here is a link which explains how it works...

Just tested it out - you don't lose merit for spending merit, but you only have a limited amount to spend, and you get 50% back for the amount that you recieve.

Think its a way of counteracting these bots that have been posting spam a lot recently.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 109
$XMG should worth 50$ by now. WTF... There should be a great marketing towards it. The growth is damn slow or not even growing

"A Real Time Crypto Investor, Analyst and HODLER"
I smell the cry of money loosing investor Smiley

Activity: 109

legendary
Price has been very stable over the last week in comparison to previous weeks, wonder if this is a new trend or the calm before the storm.
Activity: 3
Hi everyone, sorry im new to the forums. Though ive been mining XMG and buying it for about 6 months now. Back before the hardfork.. and after the... problems.. I transfered 133 coins to cryptopia. They still have not credited me or responded to my service ticket. I'm very,very upset, how do i yell at them? Angry
Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
How can I use Magi in real life?

Much like any other coin, you basically can't. There are payment gateways for cryptocurrencies for online stores. They are largely un-implemented by vendors, or the vendors are picky about which coin(s) they accept. The m-pays project may or may not solve that a little bit. There is not actually a technical challenge in setting this up.

There is a big social challenge, though. Cryptocurrencies still have very little market penetration at the retail or retail-services (like your phone and power bill) level. Furthermore, there are a little over 1,000 coins for a company to choose whether to accept - not counting NEO, ETH, etc. smart tokens. Coin valuations fluctuate wildly in the trading marketplaces, making it very difficult for a vendor to price their goods and services in crypto.

The only way to use it in real life is to negotiate and barter. Search and hunt. Otherwise, it's useful only as a trade asset like stocks and bonds. Just like pretty much every other cryptocurrency including the 900lb gorilla that is Bitcoin.
Jump to: