Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 171. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

Magi continues growing. Thanks & welcome all new followers & crypto friends!
And as Magi does, so will new people learn to appreciate it.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

Magi continues growing. Thanks & welcome all new followers & crypto friends!
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
This coin is 0.00008 at the time of 2014. 4 years later, it is still the same value. Many years of appreciation are bitcoin, not the coin itself. One of the worthless coins Grin

lol u just want to buy in again  Wink
Activity: 31
Are my coins in Cryptopia safe? Can't even trade it inside the exchange right now 😞
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XMG_BTC

Cryptopia market is already open!

Good news! Smiley
Activity: 14
Are my coins in Cryptopia safe? Can't even trade it inside the exchange right now 😞

Could you charge your wallet? I couldn't!
This coin is 0.00008 at the time of 2014. 4 years later, it is still the same value. Many years of appreciation are bitcoin, not the coin itself. One of the worthless coins Grin
If the BTC rate of the coin is still around 0.0008 (was 0.0016 last month though), and BTC/USD price rose sky high... (from 900 USD jan 2017 to 11.000 today), then price of XMG rose with it, or didn't it?
XMG was abt 0.015 USD in 2014, now it is abt 0.80 USD (and even 1.5-1.6 few weeks ago) is abt 53 time more USD worth

*just my few XMG cents*

That is the revaluation of bitcoin, XMG itself does not matter. If this is the contrast, all the coins surpass the XMG

Are people mining or buying for collection? The smart people have already sold all the coins. If you benefit from investment, any coin will be more interesting than this

IMG simply tells it... as with all investments, buy low, sell high... plenty of profit to make.

Right, you can't make money when the price only goes up, you can't make money when the price only goes down.
You make your money when the price keeps going up and down.
Therefore XMG  (and GRS) are very good coins. (and there are more)
Sell all your coins at the pump, buy back more at the dump, that's the way I do it, for more than 3 years already.
And you're right the pump of end december was a really profitable one, because this one remained longer.
The highest pump was the poloniex delisting pump mai 2017, price until 36K.

And once the BTC storm @ gouverments calm down all prices will rise again. It's been a steady rise in price... let's just see where it'll end.
We just need some more volume on exchanges I'd say
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
If the BTC rate of the coin is still around 0.0008 (was 0.0016 last month though), and BTC/USD price rose sky high... (from 900 USD jan 2017 to 11.000 today), then price of XMG rose with it, or didn't it?
XMG was abt 0.015 USD in 2014, now it is abt 0.80 USD (and even 1.5-1.6 few weeks ago) is abt 53 time more USD worth

*just my few XMG cents*

That is the revaluation of bitcoin, XMG itself does not matter. If this is the contrast, all the coins surpass the XMG

Are people mining or buying for collection? The smart people have already sold all the coins. If you benefit from investment, any coin will be more interesting than this

IMG simply tells it... as with all investments, buy low, sell high... plenty of profit to make.

Right, you can't make money when the price only goes up, you can't make money when the price only goes down.
You make your money when the price keeps going up and down.
Therefore XMG  (and GRS) are very good coins. (and there are more)
Sell all your coins at the pump, buy back more at the dump, that's the way I do it, for more than 3 years already.
And you're right the pump of end december was a really profitable one, because this one remained longer.
The highest pump was the poloniex delisting pump mai 2017, price until 36K.

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

*just my few XMG cents*

Cheesy

Yeah, LTC was 0.034 in 2013, it's 0.016 now, and of course, many other coins lost their sat value as BTC went up...cause it's $ that matters

*just my few XMG cents*

Activity: 37
How can I use Magi in real life?
Activity: 112

*just my few XMG cents*

*just my few XMG cents*

*just my few XMG cents*
Activity: 32
Is it still profitable to mine this coin?
NO. Block reward is ridicilously low now because network hashrate is very high.
We'll see some profit if XMG price makes (or block reward) will make x50 at least.
I was getting like $0.1(XMG 0.1)/day per 6-core i7 and dropped it.
Just a few months ago same CPU was making up to 25 XMG/day.
Activity: 31
Hello I discovered XMG today and I am intrigued by the project.
Is it still profitable to mine this coin?
I have a dual xeon (X5650) setup. What is the approximate hashrate of this setup?

Best regards
Activity: 247
O__o

@Minerclaim  - will you finally credit those 0.5 - 0.6 xmg I wrote you about more than 2 weeks ago ?? Maybe you don't check your inbox regularly  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 22
We opened our own pool with just 1% fee, which is from our understanding very low. We are not aiming to get rich while sleeping, only so it can partly pay for the bandwidth etc. Hence the low fee.
You can join us at http://xmg.hashtech.nl we have a strict "no-whales-allowed" policy. Amount of KHs is subject to debate, but we will suspend any big hashers as we want go give everyone a chance to join into XMG.

Cheers!

Nice, but what is your transfer fee?!

It's set to 0.1 currently, which is about 8 cents. We will adjust accordingly on pool size and coin worth. Transfers will never be more then $0.10. This is simply to cover bandwidth and costs to keep the pool up. The more miners we have the lower we go, as we need less and less to cover for it. We have 100+ connections to the network so the confirms and block height updates will be quick. (We could go higher, but as we've experienced it doesn't result in better confirm or block height update speeds)
We are trying to encourage people to save a few XMG up before transferring it to their wallets. This is cheaper for us, but also for all the users.

0.1 XMG is too high fee. The max acceptable fee is up to 0.05!
And do not convert it to $$$ and say, it is only $0.10!!! The current price of the coin is about $1, BUT next month could be $1000!

I honestly disagree with that. Fiat is what's paying the bill for the rack space its in, the energy it uses, the bandwidth it uses. If for any reason the coin would be worth $1000 next month, then we would set our fee at 0.0001
As written before, we adjust the fee accordingly to its market price. If you still think it's to high, it's your own choice of course. You are free to use a different pool or to go solo mining.

I also disagree with you too. The cheapest VPS is about from $7 to $15 and is perfect start for new project like this. So, you will get VPS from $15/month. This is $0.5/day and with the current price of the coin you need 0.5 coins per day.
I will stop writing anymore, the above example is clear.

Comparing to the others like:
- SuprNova fee is 0.0001 XMG
- Bull Mining  fee is 0.01 XMG
- The LuckyPool fee 0.01 XMG
- MinerClaim fee is 0.05 XMG

It's clear that the mentioned 0.1 XMG is too high fee!  Wink
Jump to: