Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 189. (Read 2375617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Thanks for the quick reply 111magic.

I saw that Cryptopia was having issues.  His exchange does not carry XMG or I would have just had him convert it and send it to my wallet.  What other options do I have?  Is Bitrex the only other exchange?  I see ridiculous waiting times to register there.

Yes thats right. Cryptopia also grew huge.
Magi sent 8 requests to other different exchanges.
Hope to give some positive news about that soon.
I don't know if this is still working. But Novaexchange will close in few months. Looks they still have Magi there.
Think you can register there also.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XMG/

Give it a try
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Its great to see the limiting algorithm created by Joe in action and working to design, so few magi mined over the last couple of days - I'm sure these people with a lot of power will move on when they realise they are getting no reward.
Don`t count big hashers as stupid mans..   please Smiley    
Easy script which calculated profitability for each interesting coin..  When magi not priftable script switch to other coins and back when magi reward grow.
When you ask everyone down their hashrate - you ask them give you some money, but business not work in this way.

As I told before - calculate magi block reward  depends other cpu only coins profitability, and set it below 10%-20%   it will be price  which solo miners pay for remove "whales".

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Thanks for the quick reply 111magic.

I saw that Cryptopia was having issues.  His exchange does not carry XMG or I would have just had him convert it and send it to my wallet.  What other options do I have?  Is Bitrex the only other exchange?  I see ridiculous waiting times to register there.
legendary
I am new to crypto currency, but I like the idea of Magi.  I have 2 unrelated questions.

First, my son-in-law has been investing in LiteCoin and did quite well.  I want to invest in Magi.  Now he needs cash and wants to sell some LiteCoin.  This looks like an opportunity for me.

Can someone spell out (for dummies) how to best convert his LiteCoin into XMG?  My first thought is to DL a LTC wallet, have him send me some LTC (for cash) and then create an account on Cryptopia where I can send from the LTC wallet and receive into my Magi wallet.  Is this really that simple?  I see where folks are having problems with Cryptopia.  Is this still the case?

My second question regards solo mining.  I get it that solo is not profitable, but this seems like my last chance to try it before solo mining for ANYTHING becomes obsolete.

Can someone walk me through what I am looking at in the terminal (still for dummies) and/or debug logs?  The terminal is running the linux cmd: ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user XXXX --pass XXXX.  It updates several times per second with a hashrate per CPU core (~13.5 khash.sec) but nothing else ever (or not for the 2 days I have been mining).  m-wallet console with the command 'getmininginfo' occasionally reports 1 or 2 blocks as 'currentblocktx:2'.  Does that mean I found 2 blocks?  What must I find to earn any XMG?  Am I looking for a whole chain?  A certain number of blocks?  Is there a way to find the current status/progress toward a solve?

A "Solo Mining for Idiots" guide could be most helpful for guys like me.  Most newb questions are how to set up or get started.  I am computer savvy enough to get it up and running, but not cryptoCurrency savvy enough to know what I am looking at once I do.

Thanks.
Hi txwooley,

Cryptopia would be an option. But.... this is there message for new customers.

Due to the extremely high number of registrations that have occurred recently we have paused our registration feature while out team works to make changes in our internal systems to cope with the increased level of traffic our site is experiencing.

We apologise for any inconvenence and will resume registrations as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience at this time.

------- 
So maybe if your son already has an account you can use that to sell ltc & but Magi (XMG).
We are working on guides for newbies.
We almost finished the linux guide & OS guide.
If the linux guide is ready i will send it by direct message to you.
I am new to crypto currency, but I like the idea of Magi.  I have 2 unrelated questions.

First, my son-in-law has been investing in LiteCoin and did quite well.  I want to invest in Magi.  Now he needs cash and wants to sell some LiteCoin.  This looks like an opportunity for me.

Can someone spell out (for dummies) how to best convert his LiteCoin into XMG?  My first thought is to DL a LTC wallet, have him send me some LTC (for cash) and then create an account on Cryptopia where I can send from the LTC wallet and receive into my Magi wallet.  Is this really that simple?  I see where folks are having problems with Cryptopia.  Is this still the case?

My second question regards solo mining.  I get it that solo is not profitable, but this seems like my last chance to try it before solo mining for ANYTHING becomes obsolete.

Can someone walk me through what I am looking at in the terminal (still for dummies) and/or debug logs?  The terminal is running the linux cmd: ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user XXXX --pass XXXX.  It updates several times per second with a hashrate per CPU core (~13.5 khash.sec) but nothing else ever (or not for the 2 days I have been mining).  m-wallet console with the command 'getmininginfo' occasionally reports 1 or 2 blocks as 'currentblocktx:2'.  Does that mean I found 2 blocks?  What must I find to earn any XMG?  Am I looking for a whole chain?  A certain number of blocks?  Is there a way to find the current status/progress toward a solve?

A "Solo Mining for Idiots" guide could be most helpful for guys like me.  Most newb questions are how to set up or get started.  I am computer savvy enough to get it up and running, but not cryptoCurrency savvy enough to know what I am looking at once I do.

Thanks.
legendary
Happy New Years all - lets hope for a 2018 as good as 2017 for XMG

Yes. This year (2018) is already beginning and it will be full of surprises and exciting new things for XMG! As it grows in user base, and popularity, it could further rise in value and market cap establishing its presence in the mainstream world. Many altcoins out there promise constant development and exciting features, but none has come up to the point to make mining accessible to anyone in the world like Magi has done.

I believe that its unique mining algorithm is its true value proposition and will attract many people who don't have access to ASICs or even high-end GPUs to get started with cryptocurrency mining. Magi is truly one of the (if not the only) most decentralized cryptocurrencies in existence today.

As for new features for this year of 2018, I would like to suggest an XMG wallet for Android/iOS devices. That way, people could easily access XMG without the need to use their PC every time. This mobile wallet could have an integrated mining feature to allow users to mine Magi with their phone or tablet's CPU. It will make a major boost towards Magi popularity, if implemented. Anyways, it's just a suggestion as the dev decides what's best for the future of XMG. Together, we could make XMG huge! Wink

Thats the spirit Abiky.
Thanks for those words.
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

My suggestion is to mine another cpu coin until the network comes down below 70Mh/s.

I did. I kept a few little-bitties mining XMG because setting them up for other coins is a PITA.

See XMR, VRM, AEON, a few others.

IT might be slower that Trump's reading speed but I'm sticking with Magi for now...

#/begin moan
Problem is most of those Wallets use the LTS version of Open SSL which is a pain because it's not compatible with the latest OpenSSL in most Debian based distros...
I know their might be "web-Based" wallets but I don't trust them. like to have them all on my box where i can control the keys and access.

I looked at Aeon... could not get a wallet to run or generate an address...(i think, it was the wallet! all CLI).

VRM The issue of Open SSL version means it can't connect to any network using ssl so it's sitting not being able to
update the blockchain. and the built in miner won't run until the blockchain is up to date.

Not looked at XMR, but since most of these use the same Openssl version i don't think i'd have much luck.

At least Magi had a wallet ran first time... (Yes! it still has the issue with open ssl version, but that only comes in if you are required to compile from source, which is not needed due to the released binary that WORKS!!) Wink
/# end moan

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Happy New Years all - lets hope for a 2018 as good as 2017 for XMG

Yes. This year (2018) is already beginning and it will be full of surprises and exciting new things for XMG! As it grows in user base, and popularity, it could further rise in value and market cap establishing its presence in the mainstream world. Many altcoins out there promise constant development and exciting features, but none has come up to the point to make mining accessible to anyone in the world like Magi has done.

I believe that its unique mining algorithm is its true value proposition and will attract many people who don't have access to ASICs or even high-end GPUs to get started with cryptocurrency mining. Magi is truly one of the (if not the only) most decentralized cryptocurrencies in existence today.

As for new features for this year of 2018, I would like to suggest an XMG wallet for Android/iOS devices. That way, people could easily access XMG without the need to use their PC every time. This mobile wallet could have an integrated mining feature to allow users to mine Magi with their phone or tablet's CPU. It will make a major boost towards Magi popularity, if implemented. Anyways, it's just a suggestion as the dev decides what's best for the future of XMG. Together, we could make XMG huge! Wink
In another windows machine, everything works correctly.

Do you have suggestions?

My suggestion is to mine another cpu coin until the network comes down below 70Mh/s.

I did. I kept a few little-bitties mining XMG because setting them up for other coins is a PITA.

Thank you for your answer,
but my problem is not the profitability of mining, but the fact that in my configuration does not work.
That's I was asking for support.

Thanks
Daniel
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Its great to see the limiting algorithm created by Joe in action and working to design, so few magi mined over the last couple of days - I'm sure these people with a lot of power will move on when they realise they are getting no reward.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
if trying to do something like that

easier just do it based on ip and or wallet

if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 1000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by half to bring them down to 500
if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 2000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by 4 to bring them down to 500

or instead of dividing harsh rate divide the payout

that way each user as a poolside hash limiter based on hashrate

and that can easily be included in the wallets as well

I don't think an limitation will work since it's to easy to by bass both ip / xmg address. With ip, just use a proxy, with xmg address, just generate a new after you minted a new block.
Limiting by hash rate, I would just fire up x amount of docker instances with magi daemon to spread, can even add so they communicate externally via proxies. (If i can think of this, Whales can too)

The reason limits won't work is because it's to easy to by pass them and adds up on technical dept in the code base for magi.

Dividing the payout and you are going to upset the whole community and wouldn't be fair at all(for those who mine at a good rate ofc) - inputed amount of work should be rewarded for that amount of work. Don't think you would like if your co-worker works 10 hrs and get payed the same as you but you work 30 hrs for the same work?

The problem with limiting is that it's often easier to find ways around it and that put's us right back at the start.

The best limiting factor would be identifying each person by ID/proof of address/email, and giving one wallet address per one identified user, then limiting hashrate at 250kh/s per wallet address. Opinions?

So let's centralize a decentralize chain using identification?

But for the sake of it, let's say we give 1 xmg address per mail, easy to create 100 emails = 100 xmg address. Proof of address is easy to fake so same there - new mail with faked proof of address. Id's harder to fake but still doable by creating a market for xmg address with "Hey bud, let me mine on your address and i'll give you 10%"
Activity: 102

if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 1000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by half to bring them down to 500
if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 2000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by 4 to bring them down to 500

I don't think an limitation will work since it's to easy to by bass both ip / xmg address. With ip, just use a proxy, with xmg address, just generate a new after you minted a new block.
Limiting by hash rate, I would just fire up x amount of docker instances with magi daemon to spread, can even add so they communicate externally via proxies. (If i can think of this, Whales can too)

The reason limits won't work is because it's to easy to by pass them and adds up on technical dept in the code base for magi.

Dividing the payout and you are going to upset the whole community and wouldn't be fair at all(for those who mine at a good rate ofc) - inputed amount of work should be rewarded for that amount of work. Don't think you would like if your co-worker works 10 hrs and get payed the same as you but you work 30 hrs for the same work?

The problem with limiting is that it's often easier to find ways around it and that put's us right back at the start.

The best limiting factor would be identifying each person by ID/proof of address/email, and giving one wallet address per one identified user, then limiting hashrate at 250kh/s per wallet address. Opinions?
Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.

Do you have suggestions?

But mining is boring. Still hoping for some marketing and other infos.

How many nodes are active on the network (average, because I know they come-n-go)?
How are planning to keep a certain minimum number up to secure the network (BTC is running into this problem)?
What is this mysterious Feb 1 announcement (just hints! Don't want to spoil it. Let us speculate.)
What are plans for mobile wallets w/o full node attached? Web wallets? Paper wallets? (yes, could not contribute to PoS, but would ease actual use of coin outside of market trading and HODLing)
How is funding for promotion and development happening and planned for future?
Hello,
I installed the miner wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2 with some precautions(on the command GCC i had to change -march=native with -mcpu=native -mtune=native).

My system have power pc 7 CPUs and Centos7 for PPC 6.4.
I run this command:
./m-minerd  -a m7mhash -o stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -t 1

Only one thread for test, the same result if I set up multiple threads.

I have strings with the result (boooo) instead of yay !!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0749yuq_nG4enF2MGtsUDQxMnhFTEV3b3VHVm9HbXc3TG44/view?usp=sharing

Do you have suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Daniel
Activity: 56
I don't know but you know, now my mindset's like "Come on whales lets jack the network hashrate up to 1 GB/s so that the rewards will be even more close to 0 XMG." Maybe then those whales might FINALLY GET LOST.

Sorry, I'm really getting pissed with only getting 0.05 XMG for 2 consecutive days.

While the net hash rate is above 150,000 Kh / s, it is useless and unprofitable to contribute less than 200 Kh / s.
We would have to wait for the network hash rate down to 50 Kh / s

But it's good that all the low-power hash miners are active to put pressure on the whalers. If the net hach ​​rate triples "400 Kh / s", the hash rate will be more distributed among independent users, maybe the whalers instead of gain will only lose because the algorithm is going to punish them. "I believe"
So miner hold firm position and your miner on, join forces to distribute the net hash rate in a more fair and profitable way. 50Kh / s is the objective 98% of hash rate must be concentrated 90% of the total of workers and 2% of net hash rate in the rest of the workers

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Activity: 154

Activity: 56
Thinking again about the issue, I believe that the solutions to many things that are happening at this time are already implanted in the structure of the currency algorithm as such.

The algorithm of each coin is in itself a set of solutions to each problem that is found around the linked events.
In the algorithm it is assumed that the solution to this detail of large amounts of hash per user on the network is already found, however it seems to be out of control, but I could read that the devs. They are taking action on the matter.
I trust the devs. and I think a lot of things are going to go well, it's just a matter of giving time to time.

* If the cause of high hash rates are botnets, it's just a question of neutralizing them. Is the detail like?

* If the causer are real miners with high hash rates in their mining rigs, the algorithm of the currency will already be in charge of finding a solution, I believe, however it is not enough to inform these miners that are affecting the network and also to themselves.

* It is clear that at least 98% of the hash power is concentrated in only a few users in a certain pool, for example: if there is a total of 1000 users in a certain pool, of those 1000 users only 2% that would be about 20 users, would be concentrating the largest amount of hash (98% hash rate), the rest; that would be 980 users would be contributing only a 2% hash rate to the total hash rate of that particular pool.

To be more educational, it would look like this:

Data:
-Pool hash rate: 34,000 Kh / s
-Quantity of pool workers: 1000 workers
-98% of workers: 980 workers, these only generate 2% of total hash that is equal to: 680Kh / s
-2% of workers: 20 workers, this micro group generates 98% of total hash that is equal to: 33,320 Kh / s
***** In a few words, practically the total network belongs only to those 20 users ********

This maybe looks a little exaggerated, but it is only to give an example, to have an idea of ​​"THE BRUTAL DESPROPORCION OF KH / S THAT CONTRIBUTES EACH USER TO THE NETWORK"

:or

Activity: 27
I don't know but you know, now my mindset's like "Come on whales lets jack the network hashrate up to 1 GB/s so that the rewards will be even more close to 0 XMG." Maybe then those whales might FINALLY GET LOST.

Sorry, I'm really getting pissed with only getting 0.05 XMG for 2 consecutive days.
Activity: 40
After reading for the few weeks leading up to the hardfork, as well as the few days after, I've been both impressed and disappointed in the magi community. There are plenty of people that are happy with the growth in magi, and plenty that are simply upset they cant earn any mining. The mining issue has been one that has slowly been reaching a boiling point over the last few months, and was even an issue last time we forked. A lot of people are calling for limits for mining in the protocol, poolside, in the miners, etc. I'd like to take a minute to discuss the issues with each of these approaches and offer my suggestion.

To begin with, we need to understand the potential types of whales we're dealing with.
1 - Botnets
2 - People with large amounts of CPU/CPU power. This could quite simply be someone with a few, very powerful CPU at this point.
3 - People with a private or personal GPU/ASIC miner. Although this is a rumor, this should be considered.

We also need to look at some of the commonly proposed solutions to the hashrate.
1 - limit hashrate poolside
2 - limit hashrate in the protocol
3 - limit hashrate in the miner
I'm aware there are other suggestions as well, they simply dont come to mind as quickly as these and will likely fall under the same ineffective solution as these.

Looking at these issues, the first is easily avoided. Botnets can be configured to create workers for each CPU in the net, or if there is an account limit than a separate account. People with large amounts of CPU power can easily do the same, especially considering if they fall under the few, very powerful CPU category. This would solve the issue of a single miner/worker having a large hashrate, as would be the case for a GPU/ASIC miner, but these are unproven rumors and likely would have minimal impact. It would, however be nice to see.

Moving to limiting hashrate in the protocol. I've seen this suggested and I'm not a technical as many in this thread, however I can already see some issues with this. It will only be a matter of time before someone "cracks" the new update, and when that happens do you think this person will share the code? This will only punish those following the rules more and allow those that abuse the network even more success.

Finally, limiting hashrate in the miner. Same as above, this will just result in other miners without the limit being made, or endless guides on youtube/steemit showing you how to disable the limit.

So what can be done? In my opinion there is no silver bullet, and there is no perfect plan. No matter what the magi network as it stands and is designed will never function perfectly, but we can get closer to the ideal. To begin with, I do believe an updated miner should be released. This miner should use some sort of sweet spot control by default, so the hashrates adapt and change to promote healthy network hashrate. Of course this could be diabled, but that is an extra step that would need to be taken, and would help a good bit. Second, I believe the previously mentioned idea of having the miner suggest if you hashrate is too high/low/just right is good. This could potentially draw miners attention to this and may lead some of them to lower their hash, direct it elsewhere, or simply enable the previously mentioned "sweet spot" mode.
As for pools, simply suggesting on the dashboard whether a users/workers hashrate is too high/low/just right could also help, this would compliment the changes above as well.

The big change I'm suggesting is that we as a community start to seriously suggest and recommend dual mining XMG. I've been experimenting with this recently and I'll be posting some results in the following weeks, but this seems to be a good solution for a number of reasons. For starters, for big miners and botnets this offers the ability to earn more than mining either specific coin on its own. The main benefit for magi, at this point, is then that a majority of their hashrate is moved to another coin, however, some of it does remain. This would be a great point to bring up the idea that magi is supposed to be an "idle power" mine, in that you just use the idle power on you CPU, or in this case leftover from the other coin you're mining. A great example is XMR and XMG, XMR is very cache dependent, and so most of the time one runs out of cache before one runs out of cores. In this example, likely dual mining would take roughly 50-60% of the hashrate from magi, again not perfect, but better than where we are now. I know this wont encourage all of the botnets or large miners to switch, and I know this wont change everything, but I think that all of these things put into action would help to alleviate the strain on the network and small miners.

tl;dr
To help with the issues many are having mining these days I suggest:
1 - Modifying the miners to automatically use a "sweet spot" functionality
2 - modify the miners to suggest whether your hashrate is too high, too low, or just right
3 - draw attention to the fact that magi is design as a "idle power" mine, this can be done on the website, OP, regular posts through here, etc.
4 - suggest and draw attention to the benefits of dual mining XMG and others, such as XMR.

These are just my thoughts and I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks. I'm not trying to solve the problem, I'm just trying to come up with ways to help!! I'm sure magi will pull through though  Smiley
Jump to: