Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 190. (Read 2375617 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Agreed with starman, in last 4 years there has been numerous times when magi was profitable to mine, and it netted profit to ppl who are around magi at that time and are following nethash. Magi mining is similar to trading you got to get in when its low  Grin

I was thinking about mining but il just hold what i bought instead. It is an old coin and dev team seems to be ok so the mcap has a decent potential to go up.
Not something id but alot in atm, but that may also be because i have not researched it enough yet as i have only a small portion invested.

It's always a good idea not to be fully exposed to a single coin, I hold a quite few different coins - however for me Magi is one of the larger stores, but I got in when the price was low
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Agreed with starman, in last 4 years there has been numerous times when magi was profitable to mine, and it netted profit to ppl who are around magi at that time and are following nethash. Magi mining is similar to trading you got to get in when its low  Grin

I was thinking about mining but il just hold what i bought instead. It is an old coin and dev team seems to be ok so the mcap has a decent potential to go up.
Not something id but alot in atm, but that may also be because i have not researched it enough yet as i have only a small portion invested.
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Ever since the Magi network has come back online, a lot of these CPU-whales have jumped onboard and started fucking up the share-to-reward balance that we’ve been handling quite well for some time. Listed below are some of the known whales who have been shamelessly ruining this coin by saturating the network with outrageous amounts of hashing power:

kakaeli (Supr Nova) with 9,246 kh/s

HHogan (MinerClaim) with 2,239 kh/s (though I have seen them even higher)

magstrat31 with 1,342 kh/s

deztroyr1 with 1,144 kh/s

preston7tree (LuckyPool) with 1,426 kh/s

gregor (BullMining)  with 1,538 kh/s

Sure compared to 9,246 kh/s, these 1,000 kh/s miners don’t seem like anything. However, considering the average hobbyist miner like myself can maybe get 75-100 kh/s on a good day, that 1,000 kh/s figure should seem outrageous. Also, remember that these numbers change constantly. These were just the whales of the time I posted this (except for HHogan. They’re always hashing crazy numbers.)

This is a message to all the pool operators: Keep the network fair. Impose kh/s limits and stick to them.

honestly your speak to deaf ears. and just be warned your going to be labeled a cry baby like i was a day or so ago cos i spoke my mind and was going on about the same thing in regards to whales and fairness, etc. you'll get shot down if we keep going on about it. theres alot of good ppl who care about whats going on who have reduced their speeds to 250kh/s like my self. But really alot of dont care and just thinking of themselves. and will just say to you go and buy the coin. they think to biu 4xmg coin is cheap for everyone. For me 4xmg coins cost $15 by the time its converted from AUD to bitcoin to xmg

its pointless *sigh*

Best thing to do is wait it out and profit when the dust settles - the whales will get bored, when they find out that their hash isn't yielding any reward, there are often a few bursts when a lot of greedy people come online and kill the net hashrate. I've been working that way for the last couple of years and its worked well for me. Magi is more of a get rich slowly than get rich quick coin - the price has been building really nicely...
Activity: 154
Ever since the Magi network has come back online, a lot of these CPU-whales have jumped onboard and started fucking up the share-to-reward balance that we’ve been handling quite well for some time. Listed below are some of the known whales who have been shamelessly ruining this coin by saturating the network with outrageous amounts of hashing power:

gregor (BullMining)  with 1,538 kh/s

Sure compared to 9,246 kh/s, these 1,000 kh/s miners don’t seem like anything. However, considering the average hobbyist miner like myself can maybe get 75-100 kh/s on a good day, that 1,000 kh/s figure should seem outrageous. Also, remember that these numbers change constantly. These were just the whales of the time I posted this (except for HHogan. They’re always hashing crazy numbers.)

This is a message to all the pool operators: Keep the network fair. Impose kh/s limits and stick to them.

honestly your speaking upon deaf ears. and just be warned your going to be labeled a cry baby like i was a day or so ago cos i spoke my mind and was going on about the same thing in regards to whales and fairness, etc. you'll get shot down if we keep going on about it. theres alot of good ppl who care about whats going on who have reduced their speeds to 250kh/s like my self. But really alot of dont care and just thinking of themselves. and will just say to you go and buy the coin. they think to buy 4xmg coin is cheap for everyone. For me 4xmg coins cost $15 by the time its converted from AUD to bitcoin to xmg

its pointless *sigh*

hhogan and kakaeli mine xmg for last 3-4 years constantly, even with them magi menage to have 30-55mhs nethash in some periods, now we have up to 200mhs, either someone is doing this on purpose to scare of small miners with bots or they bought huge hash power thinking after HF they will become rich or they think that xmg price will match extraction/power consumption/profit levels at this nethash Smiley
Activity: 109
friends it is possible to make a cpu have AES-NI Huh

Perform a mining test with an intel 550 i3 processor to the AEON currency, but I get an error because this processor does not have AES-NI that is required, someone knows something about this detail.

Ofcourse NO Smiley AES is hardware implementation in the CPU.
Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Perform a mining test with an intel 550 i3 processor to the AEON currency, but I get an error because this processor does not have AES-NI that is required, someone knows something about this detail.

no that is instruction set that cpu is lacking, mining Aeon is still profitable with cpus they are not that behind gpus. Aeon miners are constantly updating check posts of wolf maybe he made miner that support your cpu in Aeon thread. Cheers Smiley
Activity: 2
Could someone explain this to me.  I'm a complete noob to the cryptocurrency arena.  From my understanding this has to do with staking, but why are the values negative? This transaction (ID from my wallet) returns no results on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

Thanks in advance.

Date: 1/8/2018 15:41
Debit: 0.00 XMG
Transaction fee: -0.00009707 XMG
Net amount: -1.18281494 XMG
Transaction ID: 6b0f1b014b90ac1845d36795ac46aa3da98846225aab641dc46ff9bf1d6792b5
Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.

It is part of the processor and no amount of software can add it.

Who knows if minar Verium Reverse (VRM) is profitable HuhHuh Huh

And, please ask questions about other currencies in their respective forum threads.
- AEON https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-aeon-2019-09-27-upgrade-to-version-01300-asap-hf1146200-oct-25-641696
- Verium https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-binary-chain-vericoin-and-verium-the-first-dual-blockchain-protocol-2385158

Thank you.
Activity: 56
Who knows if minar Verium Reverse (VRM) is profitable HuhHuh Huh
Activity: 17

[
Not that I am aware. I believe it is built in to the processor.

Ranking     Miner                Kh/s       XMG/Day
1      kakaeli           8,328   3.255
2      anonymous   1,366   0.534
3      anonymous   888           0.347
4      lmdgzs           810           0.317
5      drmarian           703           0.275
6      haresh2421   646           0.253
7      gazk                   626           0.245
8      runningwithbeer   584           0.228
9      anonymous   492           0.192
10      mmagoo           486           0.190
11      anonymous   438           0.171
12      superminerow   425           0.166
13      nchls_gh1           419           0.164
14      anonymous   364           0.142
15      anonymous   351           0.137

999999      and me      0.0000001    0.0000000001  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 5
Greetings, first post, new(ish) to Magi, but not new to the Crypto scene. I've been following this coin in the shadows, and pumping in some hash power (60-80khash) mainly prior to the fork, which thanks to this rise in price, made a few bucks on the chain prior to the fork.  Just set my wallet machine 2 hours ahead, and pumped some hash into it, lots of orphans/boos, but some actually did go through, though it is not like I'm sitting pretty like the old timers, I got like 10 XMG (yeah I know ballin out of control here), but still managed to gain something (considering I had nothing to begin with 3 weeks ago).  Right now the network might as well be a turtle in a shell (and ROFL for whomever wrote "you could throw a unicorn at it, and out would come dust").  I know there isn't even a point of throwing anything larger than a Pi 3 @ 10khash at it. As for what I've been (cpu) mining instead, that has been very yum  Grin

Ultimately, for everyone who is complaining about the "whales", there is a solution... generate more transactions on the network, e.g. integrate it into more systems, that will cause the required network hashes to increase, thus increasing payout (at least from my understanding of how the Magi PoW algorithm works), or wait for them to (hopefully sooner than later) re-target a different coin.  Someone should go make a Crypto Puppies game powered on Magi or something  Cheesy
WWWWWWWOOOOWWWWWWWW       Net Hashrate:   225,514.42 KH/s    just now
Amazing first time I see her so high
Activity: 31
xpoolx admins contacted me and I got back my 35 xmgs Smiley getting back an xpoolx to do some mining

They have still not responded nor return my measly amount of XMG.

I would suggest staying away from XPOOL.

XpoolX is online since 2015 with constant amount of users. NEVER stealed a single coin, NEVER. You know the mess in the network these days, it corrupted the database and some tables need to refill, we are inserting the transactions manually and compensating the users for the inconveniences we caused. If you did not receive the coins yet, please contact us.

I did contact the admins several times, through the website and email.  I did finally hear back from them after contacting them through this forum,they inserted my coins and gave me an additional one.  My comment merely indicated that i was not hearing back in a timely manner.
I no longer have any qualms using or recommending XPool.
Activity: 118
Other than Bittex, because the are not excepting new members, what other respected site can you but XMG.  Thanks!
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
xpoolx admins contacted me and I got back my 35 xmgs Smiley getting back an xpoolx to do some mining

They have still not responded nor return my measly amount of XMG.

I would suggest staying away from XPOOL.

XpoolX is online since 2015 with constant amount of users. NEVER stealed a single coin, NEVER. You know the mess in the network these days, it corrupted the database and some tables need to refill, we are inserting the transactions manually and compensating the users for the inconveniences we caused. If you did not receive the coins yet, please contact us.
Jump to: