Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 229. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Help!! What are the most important features in a processor to extract cryptocurrency with the highest possible efficiency and thus achieve a better rate of hash power?

2) The ram memory influences this mining process. What amount is recommended? I work with 2 gb of ram.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

2). Coins should be safe where they are. But If in doubt leave them there till after the Hard Fork. Only issue would be transferring to/from an exchange that has not updated their wallet to the latest version. (I "lost" 4XMG sending to Yobit from Bittrex. Bittrex was on the new version and Yobit had not updated their wallet. So they were lost...) So double check with your exchange if they have the latest wallet installed...

How can they be lost? The wallet changes but not the address. I imagine installing the new wallet and restoring your wallet data should give you access to your coins, or am I wrong? I recently bought XMG on cryptopia and they had not updated their wallet. They are still showing in my account, but according to your exp with yobit, should they also have been lost?

Friend, what amount of currency can you extract daily with 76 Kh / s?
I with 90-100 Kh / s have managed to extract about 1/2 xmg but working the miners only about 9 hours daily.

Are you solo mining right now? Or you mean in the past? because all pools seem to be down

friends i also sent 2.46 xmg from suprnova pool to yobit on 12/19/2017 with TX ID = 4f8cccb964af7dc7d4686eddfb62b9b8f096aadc961d3618274df24221ee4f92 and they have not yet reached the yobit wallet, and at this moment the yobit wallet is in maintenance mode, I guess when the whole network is restored and everything returns to normal I will have my coins available in yobit, at least I think so, you who believe I have lost my little coins?

Yobit has been in maintenance mode since the previous hard fork (1.4.4.1) - they haven't been very forthcoming in releasing an updated wallet so far, I've sent multiple support requests

2). Coins should be safe where they are. But If in doubt leave them there till after the Hard Fork. Only issue would be transferring to/from an exchange that has not updated their wallet to the latest version. (I "lost" 4XMG sending to Yobit from Bittrex. Bittrex was on the new version and Yobit had not updated their wallet. So they were lost...) So double check with your exchange if they have the latest wallet installed...

How can they be lost? The wallet changes but not the address. I imagine installing the new wallet and restoring your wallet data should give you access to your coins, or am I wrong? I recently bought XMG on cryptopia and they had not updated their wallet. They are still showing in my account, but according to your exp with yobit, should they also have been lost?

I with 90-100 Kh / s have managed to extract about 1/2 xmg but working the miners only about 9 hours daily.

Are you solo mining right now? Or you mean in the past? because all pools seem to be down

Yes, friend in the past, I do not work alone, I work in mining groups (in mining pools)

friends i also sent 2.46 xmg from suprnova pool to yobit on 12/19/2017 with TX ID = 4f8cccb964af7dc7d4686eddfb62b9b8f096aadc961d3618274df24221ee4f92 and they have not yet reached the yobit wallet, and at this moment the yobit wallet is in maintenance mode, I guess when the whole network is restored and everything returns to normal I will have my coins available in yobit, at least I think so, you who believe I have lost my little coins?
Activity: 39

Just wanted to post this again for the people new to the thread, especially miners.

Magi coins is not like Bitcoin, if you just throw tons and tons of kH/s at the chain you actually LOWER the block payout for everyone, yourself included. XMG is about being energy efficient and fair for all miners. Most pools reserve the right to kick miners who are over powering the chain and some, such as m-hash.com, have strict speed limits of 250 kH/s or LESS. These are for everyone's benefit.

Make sure to read your pool's rules and follow them to prevent being kicked or banned. If payout begins to drop, do everyone a favor and scale back your miner's total speed, especially if you have a server farm.

With 6 PI3 miners running, my total hash is 76 kH/S.  Think I am save

Activity: 118
Just wanted to post this again for the people new to the thread, especially miners.

Magi coins is not like Bitcoin, if you just throw tons and tons of kH/s at the chain you actually LOWER the block payout for everyone, yourself included. XMG is about being energy efficient and fair for all miners. Most pools reserve the right to kick miners who are over powering the chain and some, such as m-hash.com, have strict speed limits of 250 kH/s or LESS. These are for everyone's benefit.

Make sure to read your pool's rules and follow them to prevent being kicked or banned. If payout begins to drop, do everyone a favor and scale back your miner's total speed, especially if you have a server farm.

With 6 PI3 miners running, my total hash is 76 kH/S.  Think I am save

Yes, that is correct, that means that the rate of hash power recommended for each miner has to be of some 200 to 250 kh / s, in this way the ecosystem remains fairly balanced and free of whales and is more unsettled unlike bitcoin that focuses only on asics equipment such as antimers s9, s7 etc.etc..and the higher the hash power plus cryptocurrency you can opt.
ok friends look at this, then that means that a odroid xu4 device should produce at least 30 kh / s since the processor is octacore with 2 gb of ram. For example, I have mined with an Intel core i3 550 four-core processor (quad-core) @ 3.2 Ghz and 2 Gb ram and Biostar motherboard and the hash rate is normally between 20 -25 kh / s although sometimes I have seen that increases up to 35 kh / s, does anyone know why it susede this ?, will it have to do with the temperature? or will it have to do with certain pool parameters such as the number of workers or the amount of hash power?
Activity: 1
Hey guys, I need some help getting the new wallet version synced up. I can download the blockchain and sync it up to current ONLY if I let it create a new wallet.dat. If I try to use my old wallet file I get runtime errors and can't get the wallet synced. I have almost 800 coins so I'm hoping there's something I can do to recover them. Any helpful input is appreciated.
Activity: 11
Why have the fork at block 1606950 instead of sooner?? At this rate it’s going to take ages!
Magi likes to give pools, exchanges enough time for updating. Some exchanges also have rules about coin-updates. At this moment the only thing what can make the period shorter is more miners!

More miners? How, when all pools are down? Solo mining can speed this up?

hello, I've been reading in some internet forum and I managed to observe that a PI3 has a hash rate of 11 kh / s, who can confirm this ?, greetings ....

Yes, using a 64 bit OS and a custom compiled miner, 11-12kH/s is possible

Muchas gracias amigo abraxsis, saludos brother...
hello, I've been reading in some internet forum and I managed to observe that a PI3 has a hash rate of 11 kh / s, who can confirm this ?, greetings ....

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@dury10/cpu-mining-use-your-cpu-to-make-money-online-with-an-eco-friendly-algorithm

Thy this, this guy has several running.

Yes, I'm running a few PI3 with pi64 OS. Getting 11.35 kh /s .. temp is at ~60 , I have fans installed.

thanks friend pierre, you are a sun

Yes, using a 64 bit OS and a custom compiled miner, 11-12kH/s is possible
hello friend, I have never mined alone since in several forums I have read that it is better to mine in group or in pool since more blocks are found and faster and then share the gains according to the amount of power that your contributions to the network, for the moment I only recommend waiting for the hardfork and that the coin extraction returns to normal operation and then guide your miners in a pool such as MINERCLAIM, although there are many others that you can choose to your liking, I have also read that it is advisable to have the miners distributed in several mining pools, I suppose it is in case you see any of those pool fails and thus not lose production at 100% greetings amigo.l

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@dury10/cpu-mining-use-your-cpu-to-make-money-online-with-an-eco-friendly-algorithm

Yes, I'm running a few PI3 with pi64 OS. Getting 11.35 kh /s .. temp is at ~60 , I have fans installed.

I also have 6 PI3's with pi63 OS running. Getting between 11.35 and 11.42 kh/s   I do recommend having coolling fans installed.

thank you, friend, tazzzz, you are a sun
Activity: 118

I also have 6 PI3's with pi63 OS running. Getting between 11.35 and 11.42 kh/s   I do recommend having coolling fans installed.
Activity: 2

Activity: 20
Is it possible solo mining before we reach the hardfork block?
Jump to: