Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 233. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
I came here to check why staking was only making orphans.  Glad to hear a new wallet version is on its way.  I would like to make a request to make sure that it will be possible to compile the new wallet on ARM64 devices.  I have ordered some new PI devices that have been shipped, and I really want to run the magi wallet on a low power device that I can leave on all the time.  My existing ARM64 device does not have enough space on it to test the new version, but in the past when I tried to build the wallet it failed although I could build wallets for other coins.  If someone could test the new version on a Raspberry PI 3 or similar ARM64 device and post build instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good to see you here again. I came across quite few running PI. We don't have organized documentation on that yet; people in slack would be help if you'd like to check over there: slack.m-core.org

Nice to hear from you too!  I have just been staking on a windows laptop over the past year and it has been working well when I remember to setstakesplitthreshold 3200 and setstakecombinethreshold 1200.  Any problems that I have had with coin input size management has been when my laptop resets and I forget to change them when I run the wallet again.  Is it possible to set these in the conf file so they are set when the wallet starts?

I have 2 Orange PI PC plus with custom cases with a fan and heatsink and 1 Orange PI zero currently being shipped from China.  I am looking forward to getting the wallet running on one of them for staking, because this will use much less power then the laptop and will be easier to keep on 24 hours/day.  I am going to put android on another one to use for streaming TV.  I plan to test to see if I can mine with that one while streaming at the same time, but it might take some process prioritization that I don't know how to do yet.  It would be really cool to figure out how to make a PI cluster for mining and to share a guide with the community, as the hash/watt with the ARM64 chip seems to be higher then PC cpus.

The new wallet is running on my laptop and is waiting for the fork.  It seems that there were only ~150 blocks since I went to bed so we might be waiting for a while.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

double checked everything, wallet updated, synced, address is good.... will wait till tomorrow to see if they arrive. in the meantime I've also stopped mining on xpoolx, now i have 50 PC's on idle.

those looking for some hashrate info, i have i7-6700u (fujitsu esprimo desktop) working at 110-130khs and i7-7700 working at 135-150khs

In the meantime we wait for pools come back, what's your preferred miner for cpu ?
I see that the latest m-miner is 2 years old. No improvements during this time ?

Activity: 44
Merit: 1
In the meantime we wait for pools come back, what's your preferred miner for cpu ?
I see that the latest m-miner is 2 years old. No improvements during this time ?

Activity: 39
has anyone sent some magi to their wallets from xpoolx in last 10 hours? i sent some 35 coins 5 hours ago and still nothing...

I sent some maybe 3-5 hours ago and I received them. Double check that you put your correct address (or mine) but it should come.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I can't unpack the ZIP archive even though I have re-downloaded it 3 times. What should I do?
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
has anyone sent some magi to their wallets from xpoolx in last 10 hours? i sent some 35 coins 5 hours ago and still nothing...

I have stopped mining on xpool as I had no transactions for ages.

We just have to be patient for the moment!
I want to buy some XMG but bittrex is taking days for them to verify me and I can't find any other site. Does anyone know a place to buy it relatively easily or can buy some for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I want $50-100 worth only.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Another good exchange with XMG

Oh I heard of them, but have you used them? I heard a lot of people complaining about withdraw issues and I didn't want to risk it.

I've been using 'topia for over a year and didn't have any issues with them yet...

(Best support I've seen)

Are you able to exchange immediately after deposit? Or is there some extra verification/hidden rules? I remember Bittrex asks for basic verification, and then when you verify, it always fails and says now you need to verify something else (and your information gets locked there). So I hope you understand extra caution before I deposit some money, and I hope you can share your experience since you haven't had any issues.
Activity: 84
Are there any coins that got attacked with this staking method?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I want to buy some XMG but bittrex is taking days for them to verify me and I can't find any other site. Does anyone know a place to buy it relatively easily or can buy some for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I want $50-100 worth only.

Oh I heard of them, but have you used them? I heard a lot of people complaining about withdraw issues and I didn't want to risk it.

I've been using 'topia for over a year and didn't have any issues with them yet...

(Best support I've seen)

Activity: 37
legendary
None of the pools have found blocks for 30 hours, so who is finding the blocks now?  Huh
That's frustrating - most of my staking attempts are orphaned too.

Not sure how we'll manage to get to block 1606950 quickly

I wonder why a block so much in the future was chosen.
we need time to update
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!network

Its great that so many people have updated already - over 50% of nodes in a few days.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
None of the pools have found blocks for 30 hours, so who is finding the blocks now?  Huh

we need time to update
Ok thanks for the info. 👍
Activity: 239
Merit: 100

we need time to update
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
People asked for windows 32 => https://ufile.io/s84u2
Activity: 490
Merit: 256

Activity: 87
hi
CPU mining profitable ?How many coin can we get one day  using I7 -4790 CPU to mine .
legendary

Activity: 460
Merit: 12
Activity: 3
xpoolx mining pool has been down for several hours for me.
It's frustrating seeing my miners sitting idle not able to mine MAGI... Cry
Jump to: