Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 236. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11
I would research the device more, i couldnt find to much information on it, but from what ive read the m7m algo goes off the cache in the processor and mining actually uses very little memory hence why its possible on pi's, i doubt its impossible to get one to mine xmg but you would probably have to write your own miner or heavily modify one of the current ones to run on the xtensia 32bit processor and would expect 0.5h's, and it depends which version the esp32 uses, when looking on the xtensia chip each one is customised to the manufacturers specifications. It's all open source so you can see all the code at https://github.com/magi-project/magi. I think the xtensia chip could actually be quite use full to mine xmg and aeon when looking on the custom order section for the chips, but for someone who is prepared to custom order 100+ chips and build their own usb or asic type miner.

ESP's are very well known by the makers community. There are used for a lot of DIY projects about home-automation, IoT,... They are very cheap and available. Espressif provide a C SDK, and it is supported by many frameworks like Arduino and MicroPython.

I know this project would need a lot of work to port/implement M7M on the device, but I find it interesting (even if it would not be very powerful).
I'll have a look at the code, but I would be interested in any documentation that would help anyone to implement the algo, so that I can see if I have the time/knowledge to try to do it by myself Wink

ESP32s are still too expensive to be profitable, not when you would need 22 of them to come close to what a single 35.00 Pi3 can do (11-12 kH/s)

Can you help me little bit?

Which miner gives 11Kh/s in pi3?
my pi3 is 1.2 Kh/s right now Sad

I think its not (11-12 kH/s) but it needs to be (1.1-1.2 kH/s)

Uh, no, you would be wrong. Several of us are using custom 64-bit OSs on our RPi3 with a custom compiled miner. We all get 11-12 kH/s, but the Pi does require a small amount of cooling to maintain those speeds. Personally, I put mine in an unheated garage since it is winter here now.
yeah same for me, it still seems quite temperamental on the pi sometimes, i have 3 setup, when they were all 32bit running wolf miner v1 2 ran at 2kh's, but the 3rd one ran at 6kh's, with all the exact same settings, i just copied the sd card once setup and miner installed. When i switched them to 64bit and wolf miner v2, 2 of the pi's sit around 9-11kh's but the 3rd one is 15-20kh's, all standard clocks and same cooling.
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
I would research the device more, i couldnt find to much information on it, but from what ive read the m7m algo goes off the cache in the processor and mining actually uses very little memory hence why its possible on pi's, i doubt its impossible to get one to mine xmg but you would probably have to write your own miner or heavily modify one of the current ones to run on the xtensia 32bit processor and would expect 0.5h's, and it depends which version the esp32 uses, when looking on the xtensia chip each one is customised to the manufacturers specifications. It's all open source so you can see all the code at https://github.com/magi-project/magi. I think the xtensia chip could actually be quite use full to mine xmg and aeon when looking on the custom order section for the chips, but for someone who is prepared to custom order 100+ chips and build their own usb or asic type miner.

ESP's are very well known by the makers community. There are used for a lot of DIY projects about home-automation, IoT,... They are very cheap and available. Espressif provide a C SDK, and it is supported by many frameworks like Arduino and MicroPython.

I know this project would need a lot of work to port/implement M7M on the device, but I find it interesting (even if it would not be very powerful).
I'll have a look at the code, but I would be interested in any documentation that would help anyone to implement the algo, so that I can see if I have the time/knowledge to try to do it by myself Wink

ESP32s are still too expensive to be profitable, not when you would need 22 of them to come close to what a single 35.00 Pi3 can do (11-12 kH/s)

Find our posts in r/coinmagi on reddit. There isn't a step-by-step howto, but you should be able to piece what you need together. FYI, it does take some understanding of how to modify and compile custom programs from the command line.

I made a " How to "  on how to setup 64BIT mining on a PI3.  But I don't see any option on attaching a file though. 
Activity: 56

Find our posts in r/coinmagi on reddit. There isn't a step-by-step howto, but you should be able to piece what you need together. FYI, it does take some understanding of how to modify and compile custom programs from the command line.
Activity: 56

Uh, no, you would be wrong. Several of us are using custom 64-bit OSs on our RPi3 with a custom compiled miner. We all get 11-12 kH/s, but the Pi does require a small amount of cooling to maintain those speeds. Personally, I put mine in an unheated garage since it is winter here now.
Activity: 13
Installed the new wallet, ready for the hardfork and a new year of mining magi! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Happy New Year Magi - looking forward to trying out the new wallet =D
Activity: 575
Merit: 502

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

Activity: 1
How much time to go hardfork ? What's block mining ?

block 1603939 currently , Hard fork will take place at block #1606950
Activity: 575
Merit: 502
xmg noobie trap Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ow boy, first good laugh this year, thx Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
xmg noobie trap Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Is there or will there be some promotion like bounty signature for MAGI coin?
Activity: 6
I have also updated the wallet, it shows the current amount of XMG correctly, but the price in $ is 0, whereas the previous wallet showed the $ price as well. Is this a bug?

i found same issue. but if you double click on the usd/xmg price it will update.

Nice catch, thank you.

was the same in the previous version for me as well.

I've updated the new wallet also and everything seems to be working except for the price of XMG. I have yet to mine any (still under 24 hours since I've started the mining on a pi3) and I've tried double clicking and it has not updated. I'm letting things do what it needs to do but it has me worried I have something wrong in all the things you have to get set up. From having to find a different pool that's working to knowing what to put in command lines. But here's hoping I've done things right
Activity: 154
Pardon me for being a total noob and ignorant but I would like some more info or user's docs for the software. Being a noob it is quite complcated to me. Tnx in advance. If there is a better place to find this stuff out or ask questions please let me know. :-)

I'd have to agree.   I feel like I'm a fairly quick study (been a sysadmin for 18 years) but all of the documentation that I've been able to find makes the assumption that you already have a basic understanding of things.

I can't even find info on how I'm supposed to turn these coins in to actual money in my bank account.  
i second that motion

A magi guide for dummy miners  Tongue
Activity: 25
Pardon me for being a total noob and ignorant but I would like some more info or user's docs for the software. Being a noob it is quite complcated to me. Tnx in advance. If there is a better place to find this stuff out or ask questions please let me know. :-)

I'd have to agree.   I feel like I'm a fairly quick study (been a sysadmin for 18 years) but all of the documentation that I've been able to find makes the assumption that you already have a basic understanding of things.

I can't even find info on how I'm supposed to turn these coins in to actual money in my bank account. 
Activity: 17
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
magi coin need update his social channel
on coinmarketcap.com
need to add reddit talk
and on twitter
insted of @CoinMagi (that is not active) update to @Coin_Magi_XMG

that way more buzz and people will trust the coin

I suggest other people fill out CM's form too in order to update relevant info. I tried informing them about updating logo, adding novaexchange, obviously ignored. To clarify, @CoinMagi is mainly for announcement, and @Coin_Magi_XMG for multiple info; I agree the social channel on CM should be switched.

hello joelao95,

the wallet shows only fiat in dollars,
is there a posibilty to change this to euro

gr xms
That will be possible we'd like to have.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
Could the development team, please, compile a 32 bit Windows version of the wallet? I run my wallet on an old Lenovo tablet and the pre-hardfork version had a 32bit one. Thank you

Unfortunately I got a trip for the past few days (got every backup except for the 32bit compiling environment) and will soon back for the 32bit compiling.
Activity: 48
https://cryptotastic.net is ready to go. We are updated and waiting for the hard fork block to hit!!!  Come join us for some mining action when it does!!!
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
We have one update saying fork is on 12/31 at CET 22:00 hours (now), and one at block 1606950 which will be in about 3 days. Im thinking the fork is in 3 days around January 3rd. Can someone confirm the specifics?

Definitely block #1606950: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/commit/b72fccbb7fa7ae6bc538c34ba9668ab506f02443.
I suppose the guess that it would happen today didn't materialize.
Jump to: