Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 240. (Read 2375622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
magi coin need update his social channel
on coinmarketcap.com
need to add reddit talk
and on twitter
insted of @CoinMagi (that is not active) update to @Coin_Magi_XMG

that way more buzz and people will trust the coin

I suggest other people fill out CM's form too in order to update relevant info. I tried informing them about updating logo, adding novaexchange, obviously ignored. To clarify, @CoinMagi is mainly for announcement, and @Coin_Magi_XMG for multiple info; I agree the social channel on CM should be switched.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
Could you provide the sources of the new version of the wallet (release, branch or tag on Github) ?
I would like to build it for ARM (RPI3).

Thanks!

https://github.com/magi-project/magi/releases
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I came here to check why staking was only making orphans.  Glad to hear a new wallet version is on its way.  I would like to make a request to make sure that it will be possible to compile the new wallet on ARM64 devices.  I have ordered some new PI devices that have been shipped, and I really want to run the magi wallet on a low power device that I can leave on all the time.  My existing ARM64 device does not have enough space on it to test the new version, but in the past when I tried to build the wallet it failed although I could build wallets for other coins.  If someone could test the new version on a Raspberry PI 3 or similar ARM64 device and post build instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can build this for Dev if they allow me Cheesy

Dev please PM if ok to proceed
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Just read the tweets. There is still a chance to find a valid block. Then I will keep the pool open. Thanks 111magic.
Always welcome amigo
Activity: 86
Just read the tweets. There is still a chance to find a valid block. Then I will keep the pool open. Thanks 111magic.
legendary
Request for all working pools!!
Please quote this post & add working pool in it!
That way i can see what pool i need to contact to inform about new releases. Thanks in advance.
xmgpool and luckypool are updated.
luckypool got two blocks after updates. Do not understand. Will wait to see the hardfork.

1602603   Orphan   
1602549   423 left   
1602541   Orphan   
1602502   376 left   

Thanks Seeksilence appriciate the respons. Check latest tweets from @coin_magi_xmg Some words about orphaned and more..
Activity: 86
That way i can see what pool i need to contact to inform about new releases. Thanks in advance.
xmgpool and luckypool are updated.
luckypool got two blocks after updates. Do not understand. Will wait to see the hardfork.

1602603   Orphan   
1602549   423 left   
1602541   Orphan   
1602502   376 left   
Activity: 11
I'm still not sure what constitutes as over-mining.

Am I over-mining if I have a Threadripper 1950X, 4770K, 4650K, and a few Core 2 Duos and Pentium G CPUs on zPool?

Should I split them up to different pools instead?

Can I try my hand on solo mining?  Better to proxy them or let them do it individually (even the slow miners such as Core2 Duos and Pentium G)?

While I understand this was done to deter botnets, it really puts some concerns for people who has lots of spare resources (not botnet, just 10-20 PCs).

FYI - GPU mining rigs with low-powered CPUs (want' to use the CPUs for m7m mining).  More powerful cpus are production machines (my gaming PC, my media center PC, and my test PC), but since they're not being used allthe time, I want to use them to mine while I'm not actively using them.

In total, I can produce 1.2 - 1.5 MH/s

Too much?

Yes it is too much. Magi block rewards are difficulty dependant.

As far as I understand mPoW it is not competitive more like co-operative. Miners should be focusing on keeping the total network hash rate at a certain range to maximize mining rewards. This means adding/removing hash rate collectively when its needed.

Read this carefully: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9991269

If anyone finds any error in what i wrote please feel free to correct me.

Gogo magi!!

Thanks for the link.  If I read this correctly, it's the entire network hashrate, not the pool or the individual.  Also, if I read correctly, the optimal network hashrate is 22 MH/s.

Interesting way to self-regulate.  It sounds like Magi mining is perfect for background mining with only a couple threads.  It's kind of... laid back or chill kind of coin, lol.  I guess you won't make much, but that's intentional.

I have a need to utilize every single possible CPU/GPU or anything else under my control with any compute capability at all,  at all times. If I have a GPU rig running it's CPU's mine cryptonote. But often the max efficiency and such isn't based on how many cores are doing the work, but with the L2/L3 cache. So I end up using 6 cores on my 8 core XEONs for instances to maximize CN hashrate. The remaining two cores feel left out, neglected and probably need something to do - Magi is perfect for them. =)
Activity: 268
Merit: 252
Any chance Pom pool will be back up soon?
After fork
Activity: 18
Any chance Pom pool will be back up soon?
Activity: 17
question please
about qt-wallet,
how to config it to use extracted blockchain ?
it is under windows.
every time I run it, it create a folder Magi in C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming and start sync from
Activity: 56
why does the price go down? somebody is dumping .
you must ask yourself : why did the price go up?

It surprises me how people don't seem to understand that most coins don't just go through the roof and then stay there. Thats not how economics works at all. Look at BTC, it topped 20k USD, now its back down to like 13-14k. Eventually it will jump again, then it will resettle as a slightly higher amounts. Just how it all works.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
you must ask yourself : why did the price go up?
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Activity: 25

http://www.xpoolx.com/magindex.php
Activity: 2
magi coin need update his social channel
on coinmarketcap.com
need to add reddit talk
and on twitter
insted of @CoinMagi (that is not active) update to @Coin_Magi_XMG

that way more buzz and people will trust the coin
Activity: 9
Could you provide the sources of the new version of the wallet (release, branch or tag on Github) ?
I would like to build it for ARM (RPI3).

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3
Now working and syncing.
Kiitos.

Can't mount the new MacOS X Wallet img file.
Will wait for the main dload page to be updated before redownloading.

I updated the wallet for OS X; should work now.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
Does anybody here setup a miner running on a SUN T1 or T2 or newer CPU?
I mean at T2 8 threads per core with 8 cores could be fun...

regards,
freeapp
Jump to: