Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 243. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
hello friends, I wonder if it is possible to mine xmg from an android quad core phone

I think it would be a good idea to have a version of miners available to install on andoid devices

when mining is back online, you'll be able to use the neoneonminer app to mine xmg on android.

thanks my friend triton
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
I came here to check why staking was only making orphans.  Glad to hear a new wallet version is on its way.  I would like to make a request to make sure that it will be possible to compile the new wallet on ARM64 devices.  I have ordered some new PI devices that have been shipped, and I really want to run the magi wallet on a low power device that I can leave on all the time.  My existing ARM64 device does not have enough space on it to test the new version, but in the past when I tried to build the wallet it failed although I could build wallets for other coins.  If someone could test the new version on a Raspberry PI 3 or similar ARM64 device and post build instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Currently compiling it for my Pi3 (64bit)
It takes a bit of work and a long wait to get it compiled.
But others have gotten it working.
Activity: 6
hello friends, I wonder if it is possible to mine xmg from an android quad core phone

I think it would be a good idea to have a version of miners available to install on andoid devices

when mining is back online, you'll be able to use the neoneonminer app to mine xmg on android.

Activity: 116
Merit: 1
It's a good coin. I'm sure it will growing a lot yet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
I came here to check why staking was only making orphans.  Glad to hear a new wallet version is on its way.  I would like to make a request to make sure that it will be possible to compile the new wallet on ARM64 devices.  I have ordered some new PI devices that have been shipped, and I really want to run the magi wallet on a low power device that I can leave on all the time.  My existing ARM64 device does not have enough space on it to test the new version, but in the past when I tried to build the wallet it failed although I could build wallets for other coins.  If someone could test the new version on a Raspberry PI 3 or similar ARM64 device and post build instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good to see you here again. I came across quite few running PI. We don't have organized documentation on that yet; people in slack would be help if you'd like to check over there: slack.m-core.org
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
it was fun.
sold half of my stack and made 0.5 btc now wait for the 2nd wave or wil go low and buy back again.
gr xms
Ditto, sold all yesterday, will buy back next year.
I really like XMG.
xms
Activity: 223
Waking up and seeing Volume on Bittrex... Wow!

From 20 BTC to 1600 BTC in 1 Day. Whales have jumped in. Looking at the order books Sell walls have been placed to keep prices low. They're accumulating.

When the walls drop expect the big pop in price. Next 24-72 Hours... XMG one to watch.

Cheers!

Strato
Its awesome to see the community is growing. Volume on Bittrex looks like new record for Magi. Lets see what will happen during the coming days.

hey Magic,

I´m still here as i´m here from the beginning of this magi(c) coin

gr xms

Good to see you on here xms =) hope you did well out of the recent price surge

hey  Starmman,

it was fun.
sold half of my stack and made 0.5 btc now wait for the 2nd wave or wil go low and buy back again.

gr xms

Activity: 575
Merit: 502
WOOWW ESTA CORRECION DE MAGI EN BITTREX HA SIDO BASTANTE PROLONGADA.  ALREDEDOR DE 9.8-10K SAT. PARESE SER LA ZONA DE SOPORTE....
What? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

From 20 BTC to 1600 BTC in 1 Day. Whales have jumped in. Looking at the order books Sell walls have been placed to keep prices low. They're accumulating.

When the walls drop expect the big pop in price. Next 24-72 Hours... XMG one to watch.

Cheers!

Strato
Its awesome to see the community is growing. Volume on Bittrex looks like new record for Magi. Lets see what will happen during the coming days.

hey Magic,

gr xms

Good to see you on here xms =) hope you did well out of the recent price surge
WOOWW ESTA CORRECCION DE MAGI EN BITTREX HA SIDO BASTANTE PROLONGADA.  ALREDEDOR DE 9.8-10K SAT. PARESE SER LA ZONA DE SOPORTE....
xms
Activity: 223

Cheers!

Strato

hey Magic,

gr xms
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

Cheers!

Strato
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
so all the coins transferred after the hacked blocks will be reversed, correct?

That's what a hard fork does?
yeah and all the people who sold at the peak will get their coins back and will keep the btc as well...
duh...

ps: if this happens, xmg will probably get delisted considering bittrex would have to reimburse (or screw their users)
ps2: I am astonished by the amount of bs, I read on this thread...

oh so the guy who mined future blocks and made thousands of xmg will just keep his coins then. duh...no problem with that, right? let's just pretend it never happened.

I am also astonished by the amount of bs I read here sometimes.

Im astonished you didnt see in the last few pages that all the blocks being found are orphaned...
Activity: 3
I've been mining MAGI for a couple months now using the m-minerd miner,
and I understand why we will have to download new software wallets after the hard fork.

My question for the forum is: does anyone know if current mining software will continue to work after the hard fork?
Will we be able to keep mining with our current miners, or will we have to download updated mining software after the HF?

Thanks.

Activity: 43
Interesting project Smiley
Activity: 239

yeah and all the people who sold at the peak will get their coins back and will keep the btc as well...
duh...

ps: if this happens, xmg will probably get delisted considering bittrex would have to reimburse (or screw their users)

oh so the guy who mined future blocks and made thousands of xmg will just keep his coins then. duh...no problem with that, right? let's just pretend it never happened.

feel free to fork the project and go another way
Activity: 39

duh...

Activity: 113
Merit: 105
bunny
I'm still not sure what constitutes as over-mining.

Am I over-mining if I have a Threadripper 1950X, 4770K, 4650K, and a few Core 2 Duos and Pentium G CPUs on zPool?

Should I split them up to different pools instead?

Can I try my hand on solo mining?  Better to proxy them or let them do it individually (even the slow miners such as Core2 Duos and Pentium G)?

While I understand this was done to deter botnets, it really puts some concerns for people who has lots of spare resources (not botnet, just 10-20 PCs).

FYI - GPU mining rigs with low-powered CPUs (want' to use the CPUs for m7m mining).  More powerful cpus are production machines (my gaming PC, my media center PC, and my test PC), but since they're not being used allthe time, I want to use them to mine while I'm not actively using them.

In total, I can produce 1.2 - 1.5 MH/s

Too much?

Yes it is too much. Magi block rewards are difficulty dependant.

As far as I understand mPoW it is not competitive more like co-operative. Miners should be focusing on keeping the total network hash rate at a certain range to maximize mining rewards. This means adding/removing hash rate collectively when its needed.

Read this carefully: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9991269

If anyone finds any error in what i wrote please feel free to correct me.

Gogo magi!!
Jump to: