Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 274. (Read 2375622 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Wow, XMG is practically the only alt coin on Bittrex that is holding value.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
my wallet is showing a balance of 178 xmg.
but on magi explorer, when i searched with my wallet address one address is showing a balance of 158 xmg and second wallet address is showing a balance of 0 xmg.
then on searching transactions in magi explorer, i found that my 20 xmg gone unknown wallet address. this all started when i moved total balance to one wallet address on 06/12/2017.

i am confused about this unknown address.

but matter of relief is that my wallet is not reduced and still showing 178 xmg.

use repair wallet in promp

or

Maybe u can be capable to send all your magi to yourself...  Huh Huh Huh

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
but on magi explorer, when i searched with my wallet address one address is showing a balance of 158 xmg and second wallet address is showing a balance of 0 xmg.
then on searching transactions in magi explorer, i found that my 20 xmg gone unknown wallet address. this all started when i moved total balance to one wallet address on 06/12/2017.

but matter of relief is that my wallet is not reduced and still showing 178 xmg.

Go into SEND -> Inputs.  (with coin control on)
There you will see the addresses, click on address.
From here you can send the coins from the other address to your base address.
Activity: 20

Activity: 89
Everybody hold ur XMG, soon will be cost a dolar.

XMG to the moon
Activity: 8

tell me please what OS do you use on your pi3
and what its the name of the miner thanks

Running the 64bit OS : https://github.com/bamarni/pi64
With this miner : https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-v2/releases

Hi s0litaire, can i ask about the cost of your pi3, how much electric bill per month, and how many coins it can mine per month? Cheesy

Thanks for the OS info!, my best pi 3 is also around 8 with raspbian i will test this new system.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Wow, the markets are going crazy today - will be interested to fully see what has happened when I get home
Yes, and our ninja guy was back in town, he was quicker than me. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Wow, the markets are going crazy today - will be interested to fully see what has happened when I get home
Activity: 99

Hi s0litaire, can i ask about the cost of your pi3, how much electric bill per month, and how many coins it can mine per month? Cheesy

UK Prices (including tax and delivery)

Pi3  £31.00  (Via Amazon)
Heatsink £3.50 (Via thepihut.com)

pi3 current power usage: V=5.12 A=0.78 W=4.06

Around 3kwh per month (£0.48 in electricity a month)

Income is roughly 2 coins a month (at this moments price of 0.44735 USD/XMG)  = £0.33 X 2 = £0.66

As long as the USD/XMG stay's above 0.32 USD/XMG I'm making a tiny profit.
wow it will take a really long long long time to pay back the cost @@ like.... 50 months?  Undecided Undecided
legendary

You guys might be interested in the Solar Staker project that the Evergreen coin project are building - they are trying to get a pi type system loaded with staking wallet(s) that can be powered just by the sun (and a battery), I'll post more info on here when I find out when they are ready with it =)

Can't wait to take a look at this...

Was looking into setting something like that up for myself. but being in Scotland and "Sunshine" being a mythical thing that is only whispered in quiet rooms...Wink (lol)
I'd need a large 20w Solar panel and a 24h Lead-acid battery to make sure it runs 24/7.

RoI on it would be terrible and I've no where outside to stick it so it would be sitting in my flat, stuck to a window, so I shelved the idea.

They have been working on it for a couple of years now with similar problems and considerations - not sure if they tested it quite as far north - can't wait to get my hands on one when its ready =)

Will be better for staking than mining as it'll use much less power handling PoS
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

You guys might be interested in the Solar Staker project that the Evergreen coin project are building - they are trying to get a pi type system loaded with staking wallet(s) that can be powered just by the sun (and a battery), I'll post more info on here when I find out when they are ready with it =)

Can't wait to take a look at this...

Was looking into setting something like that up for myself. but being in Scotland and "Sunshine" being a mythical thing that is only whispered in quiet rooms...Wink (lol)
I'd need a large 20w Solar panel and a 24h Lead-acid battery to make sure it runs 24/7.

RoI on it would be terrible and I've no where outside to stick it so it would be sitting in my flat, stuck to a window, so I shelved the idea.
legendary

Income is roughly 2 coins a month (at this moments price of 0.44735 USD/XMG)  = £0.33 X 2 = £0.66

Activity: 133
Merit: 15

Activity: 28

i read in this forum that was someone with a raspberry pi 3 mining with 8 kh/s and someone overclocked his sbc and got @14kh/s
8Kh/s HaHa!

My pi3 @ stock speed hitting 11.3kh/s   Wink

Activity: 8
Dang, some person, brunoferdenez came into the m-hash pool and is running three times the limit, totally killed the payout.

God I wish people would actually READ before mining.
sorry for that  Roll Eyes
i have moved my workers to another pool. just left one @ m-hash.

Regards
Bruno
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Guys CryptoDao is still listed as an exchange. You should seriously fix it. People get hurt there as they can still deposit afaik.

Edit: CryptoDao is a scam for anyone new to this thread! Don't deposit!
i'm back after 1h and i have already Unconfirmed   0.019029 (and here it takes 120 blocks to confirm not 520)

and regarding the sweet sport i can share with you that i was online mining on the same suprnova site and i made
https://imgur.com/a/QFKz1

i was able to make with the same hrate @0.7/day
Activity: 56
Dang, some person, brunoferdenez came into the m-hash pool and is running three times the limit, totally killed the payout.

Well at least they will get kicked if they continue to do that!

I've kept my hashrate relatively low, not sure I've really gone past 200kh.

Doubtful, a huge majority of top 10 have been well over 250 for the last week, still are.

The pool owners frequent here quite often so maybe somebody will notice and take some action =)

I certainly hope so.

I understand that it's a rule to do not pass the 250 but this its only slowing you down.

the more Hpower it has a pool the faster it can solve a block and move to another one, its true that the coins are spited but if you think in a long term a lot of pennies are more that 1 coin Wink)

That's not how it works. Magi coin is DESIGNED to slow down the overall payout when rates go over a certain point. There is more coin in a payout if the speeds are lower, thats how they designed it. That is why there is a 250 limit in the main PoM pool. Magi isn't Bitcoin, people need to read the research documents or the website more throughly to maximize their efforts. Hitting it with gobs of kH/s only wastes energy. Spending a nickel to make those "pennies" is ignorance of the overall technology.

Now after 12h testing your theory i came with this facts

SuprNova Pool

Pool Hash Rate   82,526.993 KH/s
Pool Efficiency   99.67%
Current Active Workers   1,199
Current Difficulty   4.53493247
Est. Next Difficulty   2.92970063 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   4 minutes 38 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   3 minutes 56 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   297,201 (done: 391.57%)
Next Network Block   1,584,679    (Current: 1,584,678)
Last Block Found   1,584,666
Time Since Last Block   15 minutes 20 seconds

this are atm stats
i earned 0 because i sported my workers that they was making in the last 12 h working on this pool with 40-50kh/s @ 0.2 XMG ( this earning are from 05am 5Dec - 05pm 6Dec)

and i moved to Lucky

Pool Hash Rate   2,361.662 KH/s
Pool Efficiency   99.75%
Current Active Workers   37
Current Difficulty   4.39573500
Est. Next Difficulty   2.36663081 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   2 hours 13 minutes 14 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   288,079 (done: 261.74%)
Next Network Block   1,584,684    (Current: 1,584,683)
Last Block Found   1,584,327
Time Since Last Block   6 hours 36 minutes 23 seconds

this are the stats for Lucky pool atm

and since you told me your theory i moved all my workers here and
with the same Hrate 40-50kh/s i have earned in the past 12 H
XMG Account Balance
Confirmed   0.000000
Unconfirmed   0.045976

witch leads me to my theory that its more convenience to take a small share from a big bucket that to take a lot from nothing Wink)

when i go to the SuprNova pool even do i stopped my workers there in the last 12h
i still have Last Day   0.13466315   last day confirmed earnings

hope that my post it will help the community.

Or, you could have just read the website ...

How is energy saving achieved?
Notice that the hardware computational power race is profit driven, the block reward is where one should be looking into. A ’soft’ control of the network activity through varying reward is introduced in MAGI. Contrary to constant rewarding in a certain period implemented in most of cryptocurrency, such as bitcoin, we propose a network-dependent rewarding model system ... discouraging further increase of activities by reducing rewards. The advantages of this system include 1) fair distribution of rewards among a variety of contributors, and 2) enforcing a limit to the network activity and hence the cost of maintaining the PoW network.

You "experiment" is an n=1 design, tested in a period where XMG has received a ton of new miners due to the NovaSpirit video. Further, we are talking about actual payouts, what are the average XMG reward from each of those blocks? This isnt about taking smaller shares from bigger buckets, when the system is designed to make the buckets smaller the more you try to take from them. Day before yesterday m-hash was in the sweet spot, nearly every block dropped 35+ XMG for hours and hours. Today, we have speedsters and not a single block is dropping more than 10 XMG.

If you take .5 from a bucket of 10 per hour, it takes 20 hours to get 10 total. But you take 1 from a bucket of 5 per hour, it only takes 10 hours to make the same 10. Smaller earning from a larger bucket, in a system like Magi, makes no sense. Bitcoin, yeah, it makes total sense, but not here.

Oh, your experiment also didn't take into account the "Sweet spot" ... too fast, rewards decrease ... but too slow and the rewards decrease just through normal channels. Magi is designed with a sweet spot, which I believe I read was about 60-70 MH/s, right now the network is running double that. Ergo, crappy payouts.

But like the other's mentioned, they usually get bored when they don't make any anything and then they leave. Magi is pretty much all about having patience.
Activity: 27
wow. I was about to try selling and buying xmg with the price going up and down and registered at coinbase. Then they [coinbase] said buying and selling is not supported in my country Philippines. lol.... Where else can i buy/sell xmg? Thanks!
You can try Bittrex ( if you can register and verify to withdraw) or Cryptopia ( which dont need to verify) Smiley

thanks! Will do try. Smiley

Well at least they will get kicked if they continue to do that!

I've kept my hashrate relatively low, not sure I've really gone past 200kh.

Doubtful, a huge majority of top 10 have been well over 250 for the last week, still are.

The pool owners frequent here quite often so maybe somebody will notice and take some action =)

I certainly hope so.

I understand that it's a rule to do not pass the 250 but this its only slowing you down.

the more Hpower it has a pool the faster it can solve a block and move to another one, its true that the coins are spited but if you think in a long term a lot of pennies are more that 1 coin Wink)

That's not how it works. Magi coin is DESIGNED to slow down the overall payout when rates go over a certain point. There is more coin in a payout if the speeds are lower, thats how they designed it. That is why there is a 250 limit in the main PoM pool. Magi isn't Bitcoin, people need to read the research documents or the website more throughly to maximize their efforts. Hitting it with gobs of kH/s only wastes energy. Spending a nickel to make those "pennies" is ignorance of the overall technology.

Now after 12h testing your theory i came with this facts

SuprNova Pool

Pool Hash Rate   82,526.993 KH/s
Pool Efficiency   99.67%
Current Active Workers   1,199
Current Difficulty   4.53493247
Est. Next Difficulty   2.92970063 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   3 minutes 56 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   297,201 (done: 391.57%)
Next Network Block   1,584,679    (Current: 1,584,678)
Last Block Found   1,584,666
Time Since Last Block   15 minutes 20 seconds

this are atm stats
i earned 0 because i sported my workers that they was making in the last 12 h working on this pool with 40-50kh/s @ 0.2 XMG ( this earning are from 05am 5Dec - 05pm 6Dec)

and i moved to Lucky

Pool Hash Rate   2,361.662 KH/s
Pool Efficiency   99.75%
Current Active Workers   37
Current Difficulty   4.39573500
Est. Next Difficulty   2.36663081 (Change in 1 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   2 hours 13 minutes 14 seconds
Est. Shares this Round   288,079 (done: 261.74%)
Next Network Block   1,584,684    (Current: 1,584,683)
Last Block Found   1,584,327
Time Since Last Block   6 hours 36 minutes 23 seconds

this are the stats for Lucky pool atm

and since you told me your theory i moved all my workers here and
with the same Hrate 40-50kh/s i have earned in the past 12 H
XMG Account Balance
Confirmed   0.000000
Unconfirmed   0.045976

witch leads me to my theory that its more convenience to take a small share from a big bucket that to take a lot from nothing Wink)

when i go to the SuprNova pool even do i stopped my workers there in the last 12h
i still have Last Day   0.13466315   last day confirmed earnings

hope that my post it will help the community.
Jump to: