Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 278. (Read 2375622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Thanks for the suggestions guys - It may be possible to get some sticky FAQ's on the subreddit once we have some people with moderator status on the forum - I'll ask Joe today

Lets see if we can make magi the most newbie friendly coin out there =D

111magic, do you have a reddit account?
Yes Starmman i have a reddit account. I'am not using it very much because i'am not very good with reddit. But if i can help Magi there i will do that for sure.

I'm pretty bad on there too, but starting to get the hang of things - I'm just thinking to ask Joe to make you a moderator/admin on there too if you are intersted. Its up from 60 to 127 users in about 2-3 weeks.
Ok. But if you are starting to get the hang of things there you would a much better admin/moderator! 😉
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Thanks for the suggestions guys - It may be possible to get some sticky FAQ's on the subreddit once we have some people with moderator status on the forum - I'll ask Joe today

Yes Starmman i have a reddit account. I'am not using it very much because i'am not very good with reddit. But if i can help Magi there i will do that for sure.

I'm pretty bad on there too, but starting to get the hang of things - I'm just thinking to ask Joe to make you a moderator/admin on there too if you are intersted. Its up from 60 to 127 users in about 2-3 weeks.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I definitely would like to see xmg take off!

Not yet! I need to get a good supply first, lol. Im barely to 100XMG

I was noticing on Bittrex right now that some heavy hitters are throwing XMG around, Im seeing bids and asks for 15000-32000XMG
Activity: 13
I definitely would like to see xmg take off!
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
Magi lowest volume on bittrex.
Volume is still pretty low - I wonder what we can do to get some interest back

I think redoing some of wording in the readmes and FAQs could help. A lot of the information I found was written towards the more technical individual and even I had some issues figuring it all out. Bitcoin has become this insanely technical behemoth that is all but inapproachable to average people, at least from the mining aspect of it. Maybe making Magi a bit more "least common denominator" friendly we could bring some more people on board, if not in mining, at least general interest from people looking to diversify their altcoin portfolios.

I don't really have any power to do any of this, and I am still a newbie, but it is just a thought.

Newbie here too...

Their is a few things that could use a bit of "idiot's guide to..." Like how to stake. The info is here in bits and bobs, but don't think their is a single location with a "How to Stake (and keep staking)" step by step guide.
Did talk through someone on a Facebook forum on how to set up staking (After working it out for myself!)...

I just started mining Magi (well mining in general) last month, and it's a bit of a trudge going through the forums and older posts to get info.

Is their a community wiki or something like that people can add useful information to that's easily searchable? That might be a good start if it does not exist at present.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
Is there a HF due for XMG shortly do you guys know?

The roadmap is very vague
Activity: 56

I think redoing some of wording in the readmes and FAQs could help. A lot of the information I found was written towards the more technical individual and even I had some issues figuring it all out. Bitcoin has become this insanely technical behemoth that is all but inapproachable to average people, at least from the mining aspect of it. Maybe making Magi a bit more "least common denominator" friendly we could bring some more people on board, if not in mining, at least general interest from people looking to diversify their altcoin portfolios.

I don't really have any power to do any of this, and I am still a newbie, but it is just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Looks like a stable saterday for all coins!
Will be better after Magi will launch new campaigns & receive more attention again.
or maybe some dev work
Right My9bot. But Joe is working on improvements. No worries it will come.

super!

we need some more devs

Code:
Latest commit e571ec5 on 15 Sep
makes me cry
legendary
Will be better after Magi will launch new campaigns & receive more attention again.
or maybe some dev work
Right My9bot. But Joe is working on improvements. No worries it will come.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
or maybe some dev work
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
legendary
legendary
PoS is not working (1.4.4.1). Wallet been running for month.

it used to work for version 1.4.3

config file already have:

# posii=1 to enable PoS staking; default = 0
posii=1

any suggestions?

thanks

Are you using GUI wallet or console? If GUI, unlock for staking and check to see what your weight is by hovering your mouse at the bottom right of the window - it should usually estimate a time until the next block
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
PoS is not working (1.4.4.1). Wallet been running for month.

it used to work for version 1.4.3

config file already have:

# posii=1 to enable PoS staking; default = 0
posii=1

any suggestions?

thanks

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Error loading block database.

On Windows 7 64bit.

Never ever was it this way. Tried a lot many times, but just couldn't manage to launch the Magi Client. Possible errors?
Might be antivirus blocks it. I also use windows 64 without issue

I never AntiVirus.
Also, it was perfect until the penultimate restart and since then it has never loader the Magi Client. Just aborts in the middle of 'Loading Block Index...' Activity.

Can anyone help?

I don't have the latest backup as well.
I think, I might have to REDOWNLOAD the block data all over again, just worried as I don't have the latest back up.
Hmm are all items still in the folder were you add Magi?
And also in Magi  %appdata% folder?
Maybe you only need a new wallet.exe file
Do you use winzip or winrar? If yes check there and only use the .exe file

Yes. None of the stuff was ever moved during/before/after the operation, at all. It is where it was already.
The %appdata% folder is not my default Magi Data Folder.
I used the WinRar extraction protocol to UnRar all the Wallet Stuff, the last time 1.4.4.1 was released.
Can you find the wallet.exe still in winrar? If yes only add that file on your computer. And launch the wallet with that one. It might help. Don't remove anything without backup!

I will do as you say, once I reach home.
Thank You for the guidance.
legendary
Error loading block database.

On Windows 7 64bit.

Never ever was it this way. Tried a lot many times, but just couldn't manage to launch the Magi Client. Possible errors?
Might be antivirus blocks it. I also use windows 64 without issue

I never AntiVirus.
Also, it was perfect until the penultimate restart and since then it has never loader the Magi Client. Just aborts in the middle of 'Loading Block Index...' Activity.

Can anyone help?

I don't have the latest backup as well.
I think, I might have to REDOWNLOAD the block data all over again, just worried as I don't have the latest back up.
Hmm are all items still in the folder were you add Magi?
And also in Magi  %appdata% folder?
Maybe you only need a new wallet.exe file
Do you use winzip or winrar? If yes check there and only use the .exe file

Yes. None of the stuff was ever moved during/before/after the operation, at all. It is where it was already.
The %appdata% folder is not my default Magi Data Folder.
I used the WinRar extraction protocol to UnRar all the Wallet Stuff, the last time 1.4.4.1 was released.
Can you find the wallet.exe still in winrar? If yes only add that file on your computer. And launch the wallet with that one. It might help. Don't remove anything without backup!
Jump to: