Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 380. (Read 2375631 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
This is a respond to everyone regarding the TrasMaMod XMG pool.

3)
We have decided to have a restriction with maximum 300KH/s per user on our pool. This is to ensure that there is a much more fair coin sharing in our pool when the pool find a block. We would like to avoid that some with huge hash take "everything". Therefore with a limit it will give much more fair sharing of the mined coins in our pool. We don't do this for fun. Not either acting as god. But as simple as to give a fair coin distribution between pool members. And at the same time give a help to the global hash to be more at normal level. Remember that very high hash gives low payback.

Just wondering, is there anyone whom made PHP script to automatic monitor hashes per user and send automatic warnings? Would be nice to implement in MPOS to have it run automatic. At least it will save some time sending emails to users with more that?

FYI, changed my NOMP pool to PHP-MPOS also, it's been tested and running ok.
Spreading hashes over more pools would be better for chain.
http://h2168287.stratoserver.net

Edward
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

I have seen some comments and respond to our pool TrasMaMod XMG pool, and I would like to give a short reply to all:

1)
If there is any complaints or questions it is important to immediately take contact with us through the contact page on our pool. Or send us an email directly on [email protected]. We take all feedback seriously and look into the situation and try to find out reason behind eventually problem and then how to solve.

2)
For time being we are only connected to one peer (node) that is the master node (dev). And we are also regularly several times a day checking the status of the pools wallet.
We have also been one of the pools that first stop all stratum (mining) in the past when there was fork issues. This is to ensure as quick as possible that no one is mining to wrong chain. Therefor we are actively watching the situation and trying to avoid that someone loose XMG. And when we are only connected to the master node (dev) we are also more sure that we keep away from fork.

3)
We have decided to have a restriction with maximum 300KH/s per user on our pool. This is to ensure that there is a much more fair coin sharing in our pool when the pool find a block. We would like to avoid that some with huge hash take "everything". Therefore with a limit it will give much more fair sharing of the mined coins in our pool. We don't do this for fun. Not either acting as god. But as simple as to give a fair coin distribution between pool members. And at the same time give a help to the global hash to be more at normal level. Remember that very high hash gives low payback.

IMPORTANT: if you don't want this restriction, then TrasMaMod is not the pool for you.

Awesome TrasMaMod. Sure Magi did not like the issues last weeks. But we all see that bad things also things good things. Thats why i believe when all things are behind us Magi will continue to grow much stronger than before. Thank you for supporting Magi & the whole idea of Magi with your relpy on number 3!!
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
i feel sad XMG is not attractive to mine anymore, its giving me 0.00xx coin per block

cpu mining on monero give much better return

sad Sad

Almost there, only some little pieces Magi need to fix.

Great picture Goldlabel & indeed will not take long before everything is running smooth again!
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Man we are under attack from a hash monkey again

How good would it be if magi had its own internal pool and there was no external ones, 250kh/s soft limit where your miner was built into the wallet and can only mine from that application

Crazy that somebody is pushing all that hash power again - must be a botnet or an attack - can't see why somebody would want to lose so much energy mining for 0 reward, that's not what magi was designed for

You'd think they would put 2 and 2 together and see they are getting crap for rewards. 
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
the technology would still be decentralised with the miners contributing the work it would just be a controlled environment for the work to be performed in
Activity: 68
You confuse the concepts. Decentralization is not anarchy.
Activity: 57

How good would it be if magi had its own internal pool and there was no external ones, 250kh/s soft limit where your miner was built into the wallet and can only mine from that application

Decentralization is a key feature of the coin though
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

Crazy that somebody is pushing all that hash power again - must be a botnet or an attack - can't see why somebody would want to lose so much energy mining for 0 reward, that's not what magi was designed for
Activity: 17

Activity: 8
Ok good, thought maybe i lost my coins or something. Thanks for the quick responses.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Anyone know why the wallet on bittrex has been offline for over a week?

I wont tell you to read the last 30 or so pages.  The dev asked for them to be put in maintenance mode while they look at why the coin was forking to difference chains about a week ago.

Fat lazy PoW miners they ruins it! They Ruins it!  My precious PoS coin!  But no worries magi team will fix it. Smiley

I wont tell you to read the last 30 or so pages.  The dev asked for them to be put in maintenance mode while they look at why the coin was forking to difference chains about a week ago.
Activity: 8
i feel sad XMG is not attractive to mine anymore, its giving me 0.00xx coin per block

sad Sad

That's what happens when the hashrate of the network gets high, it lowers the block reward.
Activity: 575
Merit: 502

sad Sad

Almost there, only some little pieces Magi need to fix.
Activity: 59

sad Sad
Activity: 52

I have seen some comments and respond to our pool TrasMaMod XMG pool, and I would like to give a short reply to all:

1)
If there is any complaints or questions it is important to immediately take contact with us through the contact page on our pool. Or send us an email directly on [email protected]. We take all feedback seriously and look into the situation and try to find out reason behind eventually problem and then how to solve.

2)
For time being we are only connected to one peer (node) that is the master node (dev). And we are also regularly several times a day checking the status of the pools wallet.
We have also been one of the pools that first stop all stratum (mining) in the past when there was fork issues. This is to ensure as quick as possible that no one is mining to wrong chain. Therefor we are actively watching the situation and trying to avoid that someone loose XMG. And when we are only connected to the master node (dev) we are also more sure that we keep away from fork.

3)

IMPORTANT: if you don't want this restriction, then TrasMaMod is not the pool for you.

Activity: 32
- when blockchain fix and returning to normal transferring/trading is expected?

No ETA yet, but will try to update asap.

- is there any risk to lose my XMG if I have stable functioning wallet (which works fine for me with downloaded blockchain)?

No.

I'm mining and keeping my Magis on pools right now to avoid any unexpected loses.

I suggest keep coins in your wallet. Backup wallet.dat. Before transfer (receive / send), make sure you're on the right track:

Checkout the following for info of best chain:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/
http://178.17.174.27:8280/m-chain
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21365060

As some people mentioned above, delisting from Cryptopia doesn't look good so what's coming in nearby future?

I've contacted them. Let's see what they gonna say. I wouldn't agree if they simply delist because of the forks and no clear reasons. I'll fully understand if the fork gets lots of maintenance efforts; either way there should be a response to the consequence from them. Other than that, I'm keeping in touch with Bittrex so far in a controllable shape.
Thanks for fast and comprehensive response!
Looking forward for the moment when you fix all the stuff and trading will be possible again.

P.S. I performed block and hash check through the console as one guy suggested to do above - wallet seems to be working fine for me, I receive payments from both m-hash and minerclaim pools in 10-20 s.
Activity: 28
@Pool42: Please keep a check on hash rate. Smart miners gradually taking a leap. 300+

We usually check the rates on the website.
However the hasrate reported by the pool is just approximative, this means sometimes the website will give results lower than what your miner reports to you, and sometimes the website will report it higher than what your tool reports to you.

We apply a 5/10 % inaccuracy tolerance. I am currently doing a bit of reckon in the code to do some automatic abuse blocker.
Activity: 343
Merit: 102
Hi there , I am new to Magi and i would like to ask more about PoS. I have enabled staking 3 days now. What is the expected time i will receive my first coins?

i used to stake with as little as 50 coins, but rules have been changed since the fork and i have not been able to stake with 3x more coins than i had. each coin will age and gain weight before it losses weight and you are given more chance to stake with more weight. to get an estimate hover your mouse to the mining icon on the lower right part of the wallet and it will give an estimate time to stake.

Thanks for the information, when  i mouse over it says 1 day the same value from the first day. I'll wait a little bit more.

your welcome network weight is pretty high right now if u need to reset your weight just send all your coins to one of your address if they are below 500 coins so they can all gain weight at the same time and assure you can stake
Jump to: